Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I'll play as long as I get a good role

MAFIA EDIT: I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Kasumeat posted:

I'm here to post like a poster I've never heard of

same

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
man i was really excited to spned friday afternoon playing mafia, instead were stuck in twilight

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lmao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

WAKE UP AND FIGHT ME YOU COWARD

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i use a spreadsheet sometimes, an right now everyones on my scum list

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

u can update ur spreadsheet by making me town btw

hmm. something weird is happening in excel. I keep trying to cut and paste your name into the town column but for some reason it keeps putting you back into the scum column. idk wtf is going on

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
FYI I stole one of the guns normally used to kill lurkers. Not my fault, gif left the shed unlocked. I haven't decided who I'm gonna use it on, but it's not going to be pretty.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
The scum are among us right now

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Did you just walk past a mirror

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Anyone who uses more than two question marks in a single post is confirmed scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CCKeane posted:

I think I killed Kash, hello friends.

thank you for helping us rid the town of scum. have you had a chance to confirm whether you killed kash, or are you still unsure?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CCKeane posted:

I'm still unsure. I'm PGO, so if nobody else did it!

haha, of course you're a PGO.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Retro Futurist posted:

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

I mean I always just assume Keane's not so that's easy.

not a joke. Just trying to figure out whether Keane did a thing to kill Kash or if Kash was killed because he tried to kill Keane.

If Keane is PGO, then scum janitor Kash used a n0 action to target Keane. Kash's role allows him one kill per game, so it's interesting that he would use it on n0.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I am a dumbass

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
YT is on my sus list

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Let's have some fun on this monday morning

##vote Somberbrero

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I guess I should chime in because I feel partially responsible for the wagon forming on Keane, which started after I asked him to clarify his claim.

chaoslord posted:

I'm gonna ##vote Keane
I am suspicious of the whole n0 Kash thing. I know Keane likes to make joke claims but he tends to do that in an over the top way like "COP" or something, making it really obvious he is joking. He started today off with apparently serious claiming the death of Kash. While it's possible for someone to genuinely make that mistake I guess, I just dont think Keane is usually paying that little attention to things going on. It pings me the wrong way.

Go back to page 2 and read the posts that follow Kash’s apparent “murder”. A few people (myself included) clearly did not realize that Kash wasn’t in the game. In fact, neither Kash’s “murder” or Keane’s claim were mentioned again until I quoted Keane’s post on page 6 and asked him for more information about his n0 action. Which makes me think that Keane’s post wasn’t even on anyone’s radar until I brought it up.

I’m also not reading RF as overly suspicious. It just seems like he’s trying to move the game forward, which I always appreciate. There are way too many lurkers right now, which means the scum are likely hiding in the shadows, waiting for a wagon to form so they can jump on it.

For the moment, I am not in favor of either of lynching either of them.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

probably a dumb question but is this real?

No, it was a jokepost made during jokephase. I thought that was obvious.

Somberbrero posted:

kinda scummy. throwing shade without putting any weight behind it to see if it picks up momentum?
See above.

Somberbrero posted:

i'm not sure why town would make this post. are you implying that keane is trying to avoid an investigation or something? it seems like scum would be more concerned about a pgo than town.
I found it amusing because in the last game I played (which just ended) a scum player killed his fellow scum partner and then claimed PGO in order to prove town status. I called bs and ended up being correct. This has nothing to do with this current game and probably was better left unsaid.

Somberbrero posted:

oh so there's zero context to this vote.
You’re right, there was no context. Hence the “having fun” part of that post.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
JFisk, YT and Slasher hawke need to post more.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

See, this is actually an example of a post scummier than what KB did

care to explain why nudging lurkers to contribute something meaningful is scummy?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

I didn't think so, I'm all for prodding lurkers, but looking at it more closely, one thing strikes me as odd about it:

SLASHER HAWKE 20
chaoslord 19
Kasumeat 19
Hal Incandenza 19
Retro Futurist 18
Jonathan Fisk 17
Yorkshire Tea 7

So Slasher Hawke needs to post more, but Chaos/Kasu/Hal/RF are totally fine.

go back to the op and read each of their posts. Slasher hawke has posted like 3 times in the last 2 days, and most recently "yawn". Those 20 posts don't contain much substance and he deserves to be called out for it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

So Slasher Hawke needs to post more, but Chaos/Kasu/Hal/RF are totally fine.

also, all four of these posters have been active today. Why call them out when they're contributing now?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

binus your own post history is full of shitposts, as we just discussed

Yes;m, I made jokeposts during jokephase. I think that's been established at this point

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

he said, whilst calling out people for jokeposts.

Man I really touched a nerve with my early vote to lynch you. You can't seem to let it go.

I teach until 6pm cst, I'll be active until eod after that

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

he said, whilst calling out people for jokeposts.

I get that you're defensive because I voted for you, but man, context is critical here. Look when I voted for you, and what I said. It was early this morning , long before any legitimate discussion had taken place. My vote was an attempt to start it, and I think it worked. There's been pages of discussion since, which is a good thing. And When I called out a few people for lack of posts, it was a few hours ago, after jokephase ended. Maybe you disagree with me, but it seems like a pretty big difference to me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I'm tired of going back and forth with somber, as it is accomplishing nothing. He's either trying to figure out how i nailed him as scum and desperately trying to avoid a wagon, or he's a town player just trying to survive while at the same time avoid being lynched on d1. either way, maybe he's not the best target for today.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

oh come on. if i pissed and pooped my jeans in terror of your poirotian insight, why would i be pushing you instead of one of the other far more viable candidates right now? i could hop on the rf, yt, or keane vote if i was trying to save myself. instead i'm trying to dunk scum.

So am I. Which is why I think this nothing more than a d1 misunderstanding between two town players.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

b-minus, who is scum?

I'm feeling sus of slasher hawk based on his posts on the last page, kasumeats posts earlier were strange because he seemed convinced about his vote, and I don't like how RF has disappeared. Those three are at the top of my list atm

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

I do. And rereading all his posts together made me doubt him for town.

But since I'm leaning scum on you, I'm not eager to jump on willy nilly. Thus me asking him for his scum calls.

Other than my vote for sombrero. What is jumpjng out as scum, I'm seriously dumbfounded

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

In looking back, I noticed you didn't really have any scum hunting content yourself, despite calling out others for lack of content. Assuming this wasn't a joke, this was all I saw:

You also made defense for two people who I am thinking are possibly scum(RF/Keane) and I already felt your lurker call out was a bit weird in the people it left out even if you have since explained that a bit.

Lastly, your vote for Somber, the way you acted around it and the way you've described it after as pointed out by Somber here:

You're right, I haven't done much scum hunting today, but in my defense I didn't anticipate being tunneled this hard by sombrero. I'm definitely not doing the tunneling here, just replying to his bombardment of call outs, simply because I voted for him earlier this morning. And I don't regret my early vote at all, because that's exactly what it was. For the record, I'm now reading town on sombrero. No scum would be foolish enough to expose himself this hard so early in the game.

I'm not trying to guide/trick people into tunneling certain players while at the same time protecting others from suspicion. I figured that my, in your words, defense of Keane/RF would come under fire, and if one of them gets lynched and flips scum, it makes me look really bad. I'm prepared to deal with that, assuming I'm not lynched today. I'm not sold on keane as scum, but can see a legitimate case for scum RF.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I figured you would. I'm reading over the thread now. At this point anything I do is going to be heavily scrutinized. The vote stands for now.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I have no read on:
Flerp
JFisk

Strongest town reads on Hal, KB and chaoslord.

I’m somewhat suspicious of kasumeat, but it also seems strange that he’s throwing around so many votes. I agree with him that it is generally OK to pressure lurkers into posting, but don’t like how he seems so certain in his choices for lynching. He’s changed his vote four times already. Seems like a strange play for scum.

I like where Bif’s head’s at this game.

I don’t know what to make of sombrero. FWIW, Bif voted for him first, and sombrero got incredibly defensive about it just like he did when I voted for him. To be fair, she put more thought into her initial vote and defense of it than I did, so I can see why he’s still targeting me.

It's going to come down to RF, YT or sombrero for me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

DUNK THIS MAN

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
the last time i saw tunneling of a town player this hard, I was doing it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

i know no one reads long posts but actually go through this and note everything of importance. it should not take long BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING THERE.

it's a shitload of town/null reads but no actual scum reads! binus is voting me and he says he 'doesn't know what to make of me'! the only point of this is to setup his climbdown onto one of the other vote leader

you have made this game insufferable to play. It's loving DAY 1 man, JFC. No one knows anything. You need to chill out. And you're probably town too, which is the worst part of all of this. No scum player would tunnel this hard on day 1.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm trying to think of a time I did, and even got the person I was tunneling on to believe I was town because of it, but I think it was D2 actually

Well it's not going to happen this game if I'm the one who is lynched. I imagine the scum are pretty happy that so much time near EOD was wasted

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
well, I'm not really sure how that got so out of hand. fwiw, when i flip town, i encourage people to look at people other than sombrero. no scum would be so loving stupid to expose himself like this on d1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Nahhhhhhhh they could totally do that

we'll see.

i guess I'll vote to ##vote YT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

If you are actually town, let me suggest that in the future, in a small game, you don't leave your vote parked on someone that isn't a viable candidate as deadline approaches. Certainly makes it harder to cuddle other people instead of you.

noted.

but to be fair, any move i make now is going to look bad. I could have voted for RF in the past hour but didn't b ecause that would be seen as a scum trying to join a wagon late.

• Locked thread