Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I told Cena I'd play and here I am!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yawn.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I have to post a lot, aggressively, make spreadsheets, and call people names. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Spreadsheet hat on.

There are no scum janitors in this game since one already died.

Got it!

Also, insert random thing about birb here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Retro Futurist posted:

Content Game:

If a mad scientist were going to fuse you together into an unholy abomination comprised of you and another poster iit, who would it be and why?

Taste

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

why even make this point kb

I'm role playing my person. As is evidenced by my posts.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

you know what gently caress it. ##vote kb

Scummy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

no for real. it's pointless, fake content. it's exactly the kind of post scum would make to blend in early on. i've learned not to give KB any ground whatsoever, i can probably count on a closed fist how many times he has been dunked as scum.

I mean, yes, it was obviously fake content, as you can tell by the context of the thread and people pretending to be their role.

And, while the second part is true, I think that is mostly because people can count on scum killing me if I'm town and sometimes they let that run a little too long.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

WAKE UP AND FIGHT ME YOU COWARD

I was watching The Big Sick. It was really good. I cried.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

also what's this weird buddy-buddy nonsense you're doing? you got something to say?

Somber has obviously not figured out who I am.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

flerp posted:

##vote kb

Second vote, scum vote.

##vote Flerp

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

sometimes i think about how this stupid community is probably the most consistent friend group i have and it bums me out.

It should make you super happy because we rule.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, I think Somber just didn't grasp what was going on.

---

Bif, I like the way you decided to do your split personality. I've just pretty much given up, but maybe I'll make a few more nods to my persona as the opportunity arises later.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Noooo why would you give up I wanted to see glorious slapfights

When I went to call Somber a name just now while catching up in the spirit of my role, it made me feel bad and I realized I couldn't fully commit.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

king who are you??

i am retro if it was not obvious.

I'm Bif.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

see is this serious or a goof?

Mostly a goof, but not related to Bif. Just me poking to see if anything is there since Flerp seemed to be bandwagoning with no good reason. Probably nothing will come of it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This made me want to do a gasp emoji. Is there a gasp emoji?

Hmmm.

This'll do I guess.

:eyepop:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

gif Probst posted:

rules
-regular mafia rules apply. dont paste ur role pm, dont fake day actions, dont edit posts, no specposting, etc.

:awesomelon:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

KB's reaction is weird

What's weird about it?

(I ask this, even though it appears you have been asked this by others a couple times now and deliberately avoided answering it.)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Not insulty enough. Question the poster's ability to comprehend words.

Haha, no, I've already given up on playing the part for now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Questions?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Like what?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You mean like this?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FWIW though, just reread him, and not seeing anything fishy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

What's weird about it?

(I ask this, even though it appears you have been asked this by others a couple times now and deliberately avoided answering it.)

I don't like that Keane has avoided this over and over. Right now I'm thinking it was a made up scum post and he doesn't have any real opinions to back it up.

##vote Keane

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean, since when do I care about looking like I'm doing anything useful?

This is true. Why do you care now?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

this is the post that seems to have generated the most reaction so let's start there. i get why people are casing keane off of this, it's a lot of cavalier non-calls.

on its face, yeah this is a scummy post, but within the context of the slow day and the actual content itself, i ain't mad at it. king's reaction was weird. i don't think bif is scum. i'm not scum. yes keane could back away from this easily but he doesn't. his following posts are hip-shots but there is content there.

both of these are posts are him standing his ground, and he is pushing an actual candidate too, albeit softly.

(in regards to rf)

i would vote keane to avoid a NL but unless i really can't find anything else to work with, i don't think he's a good candidate for today.

He's not pushing an actual candidate though. He says my reaction is weird, but not only does he refuse to clarify, he doesn't actually call it scummy or call me scum.

Since you have jumped on the weird train, please explain what was weird about my reaction in detail.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

okay, i want to come back to king.

this is not a useful point to make. it's obvious and irrelevant. it's quintessential fake content. when you have nothing else to say as scum, you speculate on the setup.

i put all those together because i want to lay out the context of the following argument clearly.

king uses the 'roleplay' aspect here as a shield. obviously not 100% of the above statements are in character, but king can choose what is relevant based on whatever is most convenient. i hate to dip into meta, but roleplaying doesn't feel very much like king.

if he's town, why not just engage me at face value? he does pull back on me, but only once he's diffused any heat on himself. it makes me very uncomfortable that we have to ignore his early game content.

preview edit: i think that's a sufficient breakdown of why your reaction was weird.

How is what I did not engaging you at face value? What is that supposed to mean?

You didn't understand what I was doing and I explained it. What is the response you expected me to take here that you think would be "normal"?

I love role playing. I do it multiple times a week. But I probably haven't done it much in mafia, given the nature of the game. I'm pretty confident I've done it briefly before too, but note, I didn't even put much effort into continuing it in this game either.

Also claiming I pulled back only after diffusing heat seems like scum narrative to me. Because among other things, it all happened in the course of 6 minutes as I caught up and read. I note you don't include the post where I obviously realized you were just confused:

King Burgundy posted:

Somber has obviously not figured out who I am.

I would actually vote Somber now for that last bit, but I like Keane better.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

Exactly. Seems. He's not actually trying to move the game forward because he still has not voted or even named a candidate. That post was to make it look like he was participating without actually doing so.

Yeah, the thing that is throwing me off about it, is since when does RF even care enough to do that?

But it was a truly bad post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Even though I don't feel great about you either, I generally agree about Opop.

I also believe if your posts are so poorly worded that you have to retroactively explain them than you probably aren't being very genuine

##vote RF

Cool, since this is the first you've mentioned me, please expand on why.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because you are a butt

I just don't like your overall tone so far, you don't seem like the town KB I know and love

Rofl. Ok.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

See, now you are scared because you know I am on to you

Nope. You are wrong, but I can't actually argue with tone or gut reads. But they are fair.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kasumeat posted:

In the middle of writing up on Somber again, I came over this post again, and now it actually bothers me more than Somber:

Somber described this post as "obvious and irrelevant" but I actually think it's worse than that. I'm trying to see what value this post possibly has for town, and I don't see any. If KB is town, he can't possibly know this to be true, so there's absolutely no reason to make this post. There very well could be a janitor in this game, I fail to see how a N0 flavour kill changes the odds of that. All this post does is spread potential misinformation. If he's scum though, well, it spreads potential misinformation. I really find it hard to believe that KB could be anything but scum.

##vote KB

smh

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So think it through and please provide the scum motivation for me making that post.

"Oh man, I can't wait to fool all these town by making sure they don't think there is a janitor in this game!" ?

Keeping in mind that Janitor is one of the more obvious roles in terms of demonstrated effect on the game.

Please explain my scum strategy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kasumeat posted:

Please explain why town would make that post.

It's been explained. I was roleplaying as Bif.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

See, this is actually an example of a post scummier than what KB did

I didn't think so, I'm all for prodding lurkers, but looking at it more closely, one thing strikes me as odd about it:

SLASHER HAWKE 20
chaoslord 19
Kasumeat 19
Hal Incandenza 19
Retro Futurist 18
Jonathan Fisk 17
Yorkshire Tea 7

So Slasher Hawke needs to post more, but Chaos/Kasu/Hal/RF are totally fine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

That's like the central premise of my post dude. Rather than addressing the scummy content of those posts, it's brushed off as roleplay.

... obviously I'm talking about roleplay within a mafia context. Why would your personal role play experience be relevant here?

That's just your narrative.

A) You think it is scummy because it seems fake, correct?
B) I agreed it was fake, because I was roleplaying, correct?

A+B = Yes, I addressed it directly. You are trying to present a false narrative.

If you want to continue trying to sell this, please provide me with an example of words you would have expected from me on this that you would have found "normal". The reason I keep asking for this, is because I think this is all fake and I don't think there is anything you can provide here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

go back to the op and read each of their posts. Slasher hawke has posted like 3 times in the last 2 days, and most recently "yawn". Those 20 posts don't contain much substance and he deserves to be called out for it

Cool, but if calling out specifically for content lurking I don't know why RF would get a pass. His only thing that looked like content he later says wasn't really.

b-minus1 posted:

also, all four of these posters have been active today. Why call them out when they're contributing now?

Again I waver on RF's content today making him "active", but fair enough. I guess it is certainly more active then "yawn".

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

king this is exactly my point. when you can say 'i was roleplaying' in response to scummy content, it gives you the ability to deflect any criticism. i probably would have dropped it on my own if not for your continued insistence that you don't see the point at all here. there are serious points embedded within your roleplay but i'm not allowed to address them because it's all being painted with the same brush.

I'm waiting for the example normal post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, the same point I gave to Kasumeat applies to you as well.

Give me the scum motivation for that original post that this all hinges on.

So things I'm waiting on:
A)Scum motivation for original post
B)Example of how a "normal" person would have reacted to you calling it scummy

• Locked thread