Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
I'll play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

*enjoys the n0 twilight phase*

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I'm here to post like a poster I've never heard of

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Spreadsheet hat on.

There are no scum janitors in this game since one already died.

Got it!

Also, insert random thing about birb here.

Scum janitor found

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

i get the distinct impression this entire conversation was a waste of time.

Why did that post make you think that?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

i thought maybe bif was scum for a minute but instead i think she's just being willfully obtuse. alternatively incredibly blatant but i have too much respect for bif to consider that.

I think you're being unwillingly obtuse. The strikethrough is her real post, the rest is her assigned persona.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

who are you, both irl and in role?

I'm forums user Poque, as interpreted by forums user Kasumeat

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Asking questions is scummy.

"Willingly obtuse"? "Assigned persona"?

This is overwrought and not very poque-like. ##vote Kasumeat

What is Poque like?

I asked because it looks suspicious for Sombrero to just suddenly drop that thread like that, like it was something he just felt compelled to do to generate some content and then was was satisfied that he had so that was enough. If he doesn't realise what's going on with the strikethrough posts, it changes the dynamic.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

The last game I saw Poque mash the :murder: button pretty hard

Ah I see, as I already said, I haven't played with Poque before.

##vote Slasher

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Fair enough, what about KB then?

Got any shoot-from-the-hip reads on flerp or Birb for that matter?

Birdb = Slasher?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Consider also that Kasu asked a lot of questions, which is a known scum tactic.

I didn't even realise your vote on me was serious, but I guess it was? I guess so, but it's hard to tell, because your language is hedgy and distant. My vote on you was not actually serious, it was just a snarky response to your criticism that I wasn't playing like a player I've never heard of. However, now it's real. This response of yours just seems like scum reaching for something to push. Please, all of you, do peruse my post history and look at the questions I asked: Who is Poque, the poster I'm supposed to be? Why did Somber suddenly drop the inquiry he had going—is he scum who made a half-hearted push on a buddy and then dropped it, satisfied that it looked like he was scumhunting? Who is Birb? I'm not just trying to coast by and appear to participate, these things are necessary to know for me to make sense of this game. I'm not saying you should be giving me towncred for asking basic questions like who is X, but I find it hard to believe anybody legit believes there's something scummy about them.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Seems kind of racist against spanish-speakers.

lol

Speaking of which, I hope none of you are in Florida right now

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Unrelated thoughts. We need to decide on someone but everyone other than those two is just a sort of dialtone in my brain.

You literally just picked the two most active posters in a dead game. I hate when I have to start thinking about "too scummy to be scum" this early.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

flerp posted:

rf is always 2 scummy 2 be scum it feels like

This is true and what gives me pause

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Take a stand!

I did, read my case on Birb

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not going to dunk myself.

You don't seem to be pursuing anyone though, you just dropped a vote on KB and then seem to have forgotten about that, and then have mostly focused on yourself since then.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah that's fair.

Alright then

##vote Somber

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

In the middle of writing up on Somber again, I came over this post again, and now it actually bothers me more than Somber:

King Burgundy posted:

Spreadsheet hat on.

There are no scum janitors in this game since one already died.

Got it!

Also, insert random thing about birb here.

Somber described this post as "obvious and irrelevant" but I actually think it's worse than that. I'm trying to see what value this post possibly has for town, and I don't see any. If KB is town, he can't possibly know this to be true, so there's absolutely no reason to make this post. There very well could be a janitor in this game, I fail to see how a N0 flavour kill changes the odds of that. All this post does is spread potential misinformation. If he's scum though, well, it spreads potential misinformation. I really find it hard to believe that KB could be anything but scum.

##vote KB

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

This... seems like a bit of a reach

Please explain why town would make that post.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

So think it through and please provide the scum motivation for me making that post.

"Oh man, I can't wait to fool all these town by making sure they don't think there is a janitor in this game!" ?

Keeping in mind that Janitor is one of the more obvious roles in terms of demonstrated effect on the game.

Please explain my scum strategy.

This is fair, I got excited and didn't think this through. I still don't see why town would make that post . . .

King Burgundy posted:

It's been explained. I was roleplaying as Bif.

But I suppose that could explain it.

##unvote

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I personally think lurker callouts are lazy and meaningless and just a subtle way of throwing shade and trying to appear more townie

Yes we all know known low-post count players JFisk and YT and slasher should post more. They know they should post more. Pointing it out is just empty content

This is scummy as gently caress. How the hell are you supposed to solve the game without pressuring lurkers? To not give towncred for calling them out sure, but to say it's actively scummy? What the gently caress.

##vote Hal

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Yeah I know you're trying to get away with this because it's so blatantly scummy that it can't possibly be scum right? But you know better than to actually believe this.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

JFisk, YT and Slasher hawke need to post more.

And there are lurking scum that Hal is protecting. Probably Birb + Jfisk or YT.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Not feeling as good about Kasu now either. I had to stick up for the question routine, but him sliding into a lurker lunch mindset doesn't look great from one of the few people who was trying to seriously case even in early D1 with less to go on.

I've made that shift before on D1 as the deadline approaches and the uncertainty sets in, but we do have lurker guns in this game.

I'm also really surprised no one jumped on this earlier post of his:

"My jokevote is real now" is a bullet point in the list of traditional scumtells. I thought if he was town, scum would love so bad to jump right on this as an easy pre-made case as a way to finally break the ice and contribute when things were silent. But it never came. Makes me a little uneasy.

Bifauxnen posted:

Why does no one else seem to remember flerp exists

So you're concerned about my going after Hal for defending the lurkers, because you say imply that they're not a problem because of the lurker guns. Yet without skipping a beat, you're calling out Flerp for lurking. And somehow it's scummy for me to do it because I was casing people earlier, yet this is exactly what you've done. Your posts suggest that you're concerned about the lurkers, but you're pushing me because I am too? I'm not even advocating for a lurker lynch, I'm advocating for lynching Hal because he's a player who knows better than to suggest that pushing lurkers is scummy, and I think he just thinks he can get away with it because it's "too scummy to be scum."

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

L-1. I guess this is happening, though I'd prefer RF

##vote b-minus

:redhammer:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

You're a player who I've only seem town and I always read you as lurking scum. You still seem scummy, though slightly more active than normal for D1. I had hesitations because I know your meta, but that doesn't mean I don't prefer you to Bminus, who hasn't done anything to ping me at all.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah ok ##vote kasu

Seems to be jumping on anything that looks like he can vote for it, but hems and haws over voting me.

What are you even implying here?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Hey RF please reply to my question.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Fisk

Fisk spent D1 doing practically nothing. His first game post that came anywhere close to a read or opinion on another player was this:

to mildly criticize one of YT's posts. If YT is in fact scum, this would be some nice tame distancing.

Then he had this post which is the entirety of all his actual reads D1:

He never cast a single vote all day until he voted b-minus to help secure that lunch.

And now he thinks the scum wanna kill him? I think it's far more likely the scum got blocked or the target got doc'ed, and he's trying to make the most of it.

This is no different from the town Jfisk I've seen. Actually, if anything, he's done more scumhunting this game than I saw him do in his entire previous game, where he was town.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Huh? Which game was this? Last game I remember with him was Genesis where he was switched on from the very start and correctly pegged PMush as scum D1.

I literally just quoted the only D1 post where he made any reads, where is this scumhunting?

You quoted all of it, it's just that that's comparable to what's normal for him:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830874&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Unless you wanna count the "honeypot" he laid for me and caught me in (we were both town).

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not going to rule out Taste as scum, but it seems a bit early for him to be making a gambit.

I agree. I mean, if anyone is going to, it'd be him. But it just seems like a bad spot for it.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

How so? There's practically no risk to it. Maybe someone else could counter-claim that they're BP too and so they doubt there'd be two towns with the same role, but that'd be a nice gain for the scum to learn. And even in that worst case with a counterclaim on the table, you got way more wiggle room with a role like that compared to claiming something more active or powerful.

How is there no risk if you're trying to lynch him for it?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##vote Bif

This is just not a case that somebody who knows Jfisk would sincerely make.

Bifauxnen posted:

really don't like Chaos and flerp both showing up to vote only after I'd made one to tip the scales

This post also really bothers me. She caught it immediately afterwards, but it definitely looks like she knows how Binus was about to flip.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

If this is a gambit, it's exactly the same sort of poo poo Jfisk pulled on me in that game I linked you to.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

That you are scum.

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah ok ##vote kasu

Seems to be jumping on anything that looks like he can vote for it, but hems and haws over voting me. He's scum and so is at least one of the people he's voted for today.

You are literally, in the same sentence, accusing me of:
a) voting literally anyone possible without hesitation
b) being very hesitant to vote somebody

This is just classic flailing scum who thought he was about to die.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, I'm also aware he loves his gambits

and if you thought his was "too early" or "too risky" I love how mine apparently isn't

You're entirely different players, so of course I'm going to evaluate similar posts differently. And that slip in twilight bothers me a lot. You were questioning my earlier post, saying you found it scummy and were surprised nobody else pointed it out. Yours is ten times worse, yet it was completely ignored. That's a lot more likely to happen for scum, for reasons you were already kind enough to explain.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

what slip?

Bifauxnen posted:

really don't like Chaos and flerp both showing up to vote only after I'd made one to tip the scales

This is not a post that somebody who doesn't know the flip result would make.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

you've been wrong about a lot of these calls today

What calls?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Bif, I disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Sorry this has been a busy morning for me, landlord hell and a job interview. I'll have a bit of time to catch up in the early evening.

• Locked thread