Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Edit: I hate everything and anything having to do with B1G. You can see the original post quoted below.

New Content:

Which jerks like the team you hate? Taken from OP of last year's thread

How can these jerks like NCHC teams?
Stitecin - NoDak, Hamline
MrChupon - NoDak, Hamline
Goodpancakes - NoDak, Hamline
Top Hats Monthly - Minnesota-Duluth, also Hamline.
Teemu Pokemon - Miami, Quinnipiac, Hamline

How can this jerk like a WCHA team?
DJExile - Bowling Green, Hamline

This jerk likes a team that's so bad no conference will take them.
hifi - Arizona State, Hamline

How can these jerks like ECAC teams?
davecrazy - Quinnipiac, Hamline
Glambags - Cornell, Hamline
Gigi Galli - Harvard, Hamline

How can this jerk like a Hockey East team?
Jamwad Hilder - BU, Hamline

How can these jerks like B1G teams?
iospace - Wisconsin, Hamline
tupacalypse - Wisconsin, Hamline
Infidel Castro - Hamline, Wisconsin, Eau Claire, and Hamline.
AsInHowe - Michigan, Hamline
Neodoomium - Michigan, Hamline
Nissin Cup Nudist - Penn State, Hamline
marsisol - Penn State, Hamline
Fifty Three - PSU, RMU, Hamline
Soggy Bagel - Minnesota, Hamline

I don't even know what the gently caress...
Cuban Chowder Factory - Tommies, Hamline

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

soggybagel posted:

Minnesota better win this year.

I recant my previous statement. I don't hope anyone gets liver disease because they play, or cheer, for a team I don't like.

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 3, 2017

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

gently caress Hamline. Tommies, bitch.

Duely noted. The list of jerks and their wrong team affiliations has been updated.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
NCHC media poll

1. Denver (30) 240

2. St. Cloud State 187

3. North Dakota 172

4. Minnesota Duluth 160

5. Miami 104

6. Western Michigan 102

7. Omaha 83

8. Colorado College 32

I don't have anything to say about this because the poll hasn't been very good in the past.

NCHC preseason favorites (actual finish)

2013-14: Miami (finished eighth)

2014-15: North Dakota (finished first)

2015-16: Minnesota Duluth (finished fourth)

2016-17: North Dakota (finished fourth)

2017-18: Denver (TBD)

Eventual Penrose Cup champions

2013-14: St. Cloud State (picked third)

2014-15: North Dakota (picked first)

2015-16: North Dakota (picked third)

2016-17: Denver (picked second)

2017-18: TBD

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Troy Queef posted:

she'd better invest in a stab vest between now and then to wear under her coat

What's this about? I searched the Grand Forks Herald for stabbing stories and can only find two in 2017, and both suspects have been arrested. Have Gopher fans taken to stabbing people at away games?

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
In 1998 we pre-partied Gopher-Sioux from 8:30 am. My fraternity house was right across from the old Ralph, so we bolted a propane bbq to a toboggan and pulled it over there to make food and keep us warm while we waited the 10.5 hours for the doors to open. The thing is we weren't even close to the front of the line, the hard core had been there since like 5:30 in the morning.

We stood there all day drinking Busch Lite out of a cooler of warm water (to keep the beers from freezing in the snow). I have no idea who won that game, but I know we won the party.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I just tried to look up who won that game, and found out that I am a few months older than Mike Commodore. He was 17 years old (d.o.b 1979-11-07) when he started playing for the Sioux. He was such a force to be reckoned with that I always assumed he was like Jason Blake's age (23, d.o.b. 1973-09-02).

Holy poo poo the nostalgia looking at that roster. That was a really exciting team, and a hell of a post season run. A lot of those guys played in the NHL, even if it wasn't full time.

Holy poo poo, Lee Goren is now an Assistant Coach at St. Olaf edit: to Head Coach Mike "Trashbag" Eaves. They're now officially my second favorite MIAC team, go the Ole's! "Um Yah Yah!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjuqcuxBWaU

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 9, 2017

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
On March 10th 1993 Norm Green announced the NHL was allowing him to move the North Stars to Dallas. It's been 24 years, 6 months, and 17 days and he and the NHL can still go gently caress themselves. That said, some people do care about the NHL so I guess this is cool:

UND’s NHL Training Camp participants

Anaheim: D Keaton Thompson
Boston: G Zane McIntyre, F Chris Porter
Chicago: F Luke Johnson, F Nick Schmaltz, F Jonathan Toews (C)
Colorado: D Gage Ausmus, F Rocco Grimaldi, F Tyson Jost
Edmonton: F Drake Caggiula, F Brad Malone, D Dillon Simpson
Los Angeles: D Derek Forbort, D Paul LaDue
Minnesota: F Zach Parise (A)
New Jersey: F Drew Stafford, F Travis Zajac (A)
NY Islanders: F Brock Nelson
NY Rangers: F Adam Tambellini
Ottawa: F Chris VandeVelde
Philadelphia: F Corban Knight
Pittsburgh: F Carter Rowney
San Jose: G Aaron Dell
St. Louis: D Jordan Schmaltz
Vancouver: F Brock Boeser, D Troy Stecher
Washington: D Taylor Chorney, F T.J. Oshie
Winnipeg: D Tucker Poolman

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

Trevor Hammer is the best fuckin' name I've seen in some time.

When he left the Sioux all of his sticks were for sale at Play It Again in Grand Forks, I bought a bunch and still have one left.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Neodoomium posted:

I hope every Ohio State fan is miserable forever

Ryerson 7 at Ohio State 4 :smug::respek::smug:

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I'm so loving stoked for tonight's game. It seems everyone in Grand Forks is too, check out the articles in the Herald:

UND-Minnesota series flips allegiances
Yon, a former Gopher who lives in Roseau, Minn., will cheer on his son Zach, a sophomore forward at UND.

Frank Gersich, a former Minnesota player, will cheer on North Dakota, where his son, Shane, is a star forward.

And Todd Norman, a former UND player, will be cheering on Minnesota, where his son, Ryan, is a junior forward.

WATCH: Highlights, stunning moments of UND-Minnesota series

UND, Minnesota series has gone back and forth in The Ralph

UND vs. Minnesota by the numbers
  • 1—National title since their last meeting in GF (UND in 2016).
  • 2—Future series currently scheduled in GF (2020-21, 2022-23).
  • 3—Brad Berry will be the third to coach UND vs. Gophers in The Ralph.
  • 4—Players from GF/EGF who haven't played in series in GF before.
  • 5—Wins by Brad Eidsness against Minnesota in The Ralph.
  • 6—Years since the last meeting at The Ralph.
  • 10—Wins by Minnesota in The Ralph.
  • 11—Wins by UND in The Ralph.
  • 18—Combined points tallied by North Dakotans Ryan Potulny and Danny Irmen in The Ralph.
  • 20—NHL draft picks between the two current rosters.
  • 133—All-time meetings between the programs in Grand Forks.
  • 1994—The start of a 10-game home winning streak vs. Minnesota for UND.
  • 2,106—Days since the last meeting between the teams in The Ralph.
  • 12,189—The Ralph's attendance record, set in a UND-Minnesota game in 2002.

Actually there are so many you can just click here.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
UND: not as good as U of M (tonightl. :saddowns:

Soggybagel, if you're following this thread, as the only self identified Minnesota fan I propose an avatar bet. If MN wins or ties tomorrow I'll buy and use the thread's choice of av until January 1, if UND wins you must do the same. What do you say?

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
USCHO Poll 10/23/17
    1 Denver (33)
    2 St. Cloud State (16)
    3 Harvard (1)
    4 North Dakota
    5 Wisconsin
    6 Boston University
    7 Minnesota
    8 Notre Dame
    9 Clarkson
    10 Minnesota Duluth
    11 Providence
    12 Minnesota State
    13 Quinnipiac
    14 New Hampshire
    15 Penn State
    16 Michigan Tech
    17 UMass Lowell
    18 Air Force
    19 Boston College
    20 Northeastern

How is Harvard getting a First Place vote when they've only played the US Under 18 team?

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

Because polls don't mean poo poo until at least late december

Polls don't mean poo poo ever, but for the gods' sakes Havard has only played children.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

tupacalypse posted:

gently caress north dakota, worst state in the union

Haters gonna hate.

I refuse to support B1G even by stealing my parents' login to watch the games in their app so I have no idea how close the game was. I am planning to stream the radio of tomorrow's game.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

iospace posted:

gently caress the refs

Why? I can't find video of the elbowing major, but I am guessing it was legit since Janatuinen was out the rest of the night.

Penalties were 6 per team, with neither team scoring on power plays. You guys got a penalty shot goal.

On paper it seems like the orange sleeves did less to ruin the game than usual.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Good seats, I bet it was an awesome time. Also, holy gently caress I hate that bird logo.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

iospace posted:

It was since all the Badger goals were scored on that end. Also the student section is one section to our left.

They had a few choice words for NoDak's former mascot.

Yeah, that's what I have said during the whole process. Even if UND students were 100% respectful of the Lakota culture (they weren't), anywhere a team would travel you were guaranteed to see horribly racist posters and t-shirts. It's good that that era has passed. Minnesota and NDSU fans were (are?) the worst.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

iospace posted:

The other chant of the night was "boring helmet" because the UND goalie's mask was simply white.

(For full disclosure, the chant I referred to earlier was "racist mascot")

That's fantastic, I've talked to a few high level athletes and officials about getting heckled and those slow burn funny heckles get in their head way more than "You Suck!" since they've heard that 1,000 times per game since they were 14. His generic helmet got mentioned in a Herald story about Thome's first start.

In other UND goalie helmet related news the Herald published this story about Cam Johnson's new mask. Slow news day I guess.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Goodpancakes posted:

UND cancelled women's hockey and it's a huge loving bummer. That poo poo was free and an empty stadium. You just sit rink side in that ridiculous 100 mil arena and watch a bunch of fistfights and sweet international games against the Russian Olympic team. Legit under appreciated good time in GF.

I'm bummed I was at UND between two NCAA titles. Bums couldn't get it done until I left

I added you to my list of people who like the teams I hate on the first page, let me know if UND & Hamline isn't correct.

Women's hockey was still club when I was there, but some of their team used to come to our parties and were fun to have around.

Sorry about missing out on championships.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Last in the standings, first in our hearts.

MIAC Website posted:

School - Points
Augsburg - 12
Gustavus - 12
Saint John's - 9
Concordia - 6
St. Olaf - 6
Saint Mary's - 5
St. Thomas - 4
Bethel - 3
Hamline - 3

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 2, 2017

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

iospace posted:

gently caress the Gophers.

Truth.

I was cheering for an earthquake to swallow the stadium.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
OH FOR gently caress'S SAKE.

Piss on St. Olaf, they're retroactively my least favorite MIAC team. God damed Mike Eaves is their head coach, Mike "Trash Bag" Eaves? Go Hamline.

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 9, 2017

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Olympic sized rinks are dumb and bad.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
You can read :bahgawd: "gently caress North Dakota" on pretty much every page of pretty much every college hockey thread on pretty much every forum. You will rarely read :bahgawd: "North Dakota is bad".

Haters gonna hate.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I guess it is that time of year for teams that aren't in the bracket. Christian Wolanin signed with the Senators organization this morning. He was the first defenseman to lead the Sioux in scoring since James Patrick in '82-'83. Hopefully Wolanin can also go on to a 23 year NHL career.

Here's a link to the USCHO list of players who have signed. Notable Hamline Piper Russell Jordan signed with the Fort Wayne Komets and already has one goal in his four games. Gustavus Adolphus knocked the Tommies out of the playoffs a month ago, but it doesn't seem like anyone wants their trash players. Cuban Chowder Factory can you confirm?

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

BUG JUG posted:

Can confirm Gustavus is garbage.

Can confirm that I appreciate :dadjoke::siren:Dangling Modifier Patrol:siren: in real life.

Also I was trying to softball Cuban Chowder Factory an opportunity to point out that the Pipers (Hallowed be Their Name) were knocked out of the MIAC tournament by none other than his beloved Tommies.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

BUG JUG posted:

Tommies also trash.

Also also oles. Who somehow have loving mike eaves as a coach lol seriously????? And they still can't break 7th place in the goddamn MIAC. Get hosed St. Olaf's.

Stitecin posted:

...Holy poo poo, Lee Goren is now an Assistant Coach at St. Olaf edit: to Head Coach Mike "Trashbag" Eaves. They're now officially my second favorite MIAC team, go the Ole's! "Um Yah Yah!"

:reject::respek::reject:

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
St. Cloud State coach Bob Motzko is moving down the road to Minneapolis to become the coach at Minnesota.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
So far Denver's lost Dylan Gambrell, Henrik Borgström, Troy Terry, and Blake Hillman plus Adam Plant, Tanner Jaillet, and two other guys graduated. That's their top 3 scorers and their starting goalie. Ouch.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

My section booed enthusiastically whenever ND fans were shown on the jumbotron. I think I might have booed that bone cancer kid. If so, sorry, my bad dude, I didn't know you were a thing until after the game.

But the Irish still suck.

This. This post sums up why I love college hockey.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

College Hockey Inc. posted:

A record 314 former college players skated in the NHL in 2016-17, comprising 32% of the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Stitecin posted:

So far Denver's lost Dylan Gambrell, Henrik Borgström, Troy Terry, and Blake Hillman plus Adam Plant, Tanner Jaillet, and two other guys graduated. That's their top 3 scorers and their starting goalie. Ouch.

This makes sense now with Montgomery leaving to take the Stars head coaching job.

• Locked thread