Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Listen, I'm not gonna complain about a final form that isn't gaudy as hell. Type Tridoron was a pretty decent suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I still think that Shining Assault Hopper looks more like a final form for him than anything. Especially when compared to this suit which, homage or no, is way too basic for a more than the first upgrade. I do appreciate that it isn’t some overplayed gold or silver suit, but it is pretty dull. I’m not big on all the red, either.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

drat. That is such a loving sweet homage to Rider 2!! I wonder if it's there's going to be a final form attachment like Maximum Gamer to Muteki or this is the actual final form and it will be so dang cool!

Better shots of the new form:

I think the suit looks good. I hate the base shining hopper and this is another to further make that suit look finished.

Geostomp posted:

I still think that Shining Assault Hopper looks more like a final form for him than anything. Especially when compared to this suit which, homage or no, is way too basic for a more than the first upgrade. I do appreciate that it isn’t some overplayed gold or silver suit, but it is pretty dull. I’m not big on all the red, either.
THIS IS NOT A TEST!
I agree, it also fits well thematically, with it being a combination of Arc and Hiden Tech.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Maybe they're using the new era as an opportunity to rein in the designs a bit?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Shining Assault Hopper was hard to top, MCH sure didn't. I don't hate this swerve though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The final form being the base + accents is good cause base 01 is so loving slick.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If that is the final form, it's pretty underwhelming but I do like that it's very blatantly based on Type-1. Aruto is taking his dad's design and that's cute.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

LastGoodBoy posted:

The DX Zero One Driver apparently has an extension port off the left side, so probably an attachment.
It is in fact an attachment. Kamen Rider Zero-Two uses the Zero-Two Driver, which is supposedly a whole new belt in-narrative. For toy factor, however, you remove the Zero-One Driver's plate, then attach the Zero-Two Driver's plate. You then insert the Zero-Two Progrise Key. I haven o idea how this is gonna be explained in the show.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Trogglodyte posted:

It is in fact an attachment. Kamen Rider Zero-Two uses the Zero-Two Driver, which is supposedly a whole new belt in-narrative. For toy factor, however, you remove the Zero-One Driver's plate, then attach the Zero-Two Driver's plate. You then insert the Zero-Two Progrise Key. I haven o idea how this is gonna be explained in the show.

Secret material! Hiden manufacturing! It's an Aruto quality show!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Trogglodyte posted:

I haven o idea how this is gonna be explained in the show.

My guess based on the red bits and little wing bit on the chest is that Jin is gonna be involved in some way. Like he's gonna die and the Zero-One driver is going to get damaged at the same time, and Aruto uses Jins data somehow to upgrade it into the Zero-Two driver

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
Goddamn, Kakuranger is goofy, but I love it. A rakugo narrator! The black team member speaks a lot of English! There's a giant cat bus restaurant! There are Adam West Batman visual sound effects!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gripweed posted:

My guess based on the red bits and little wing bit on the chest is that Jin is gonna be involved in some way. Like he's gonna die and the Zero-One driver is going to get damaged at the same time, and Aruto uses Jins data somehow to upgrade it into the Zero-Two driver

I don't think it's a good idea to remove one of the two reasons to keep watching it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Gripweed posted:

This owns because it will be another Drive rip of tragically killing a good, fun, and correct robot character to become a powerup for a useless failson.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Darth TNT posted:

It's an Aruto quality show!

I thought it was supposed to be a power up.

Non Compos Mentis
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I think Aruto will get hurt badly and a humagear is created that looks like him will be used while he recovers. Once he has recovered the humagear Aruto will be given the Zero-two driver because he won't want to give up being a kamen rider.

Or the Ark makes Zero-two to attack and besmirch Aruto after metsuboujinrai.net fall but they end up joining forces.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Trogglodyte posted:

The full magazine page shows off more of how crazy cool the form is:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, they are definitely trying to rein the final form aesthetic back to 'striking and cool'.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay, they are definitely trying to rein the final form aesthetic back to 'striking and cool'.

Honestly I figure it's going to be a Kachidochi Arms or Maximum Mighty Action X situation where they introduce an additional add-on for the true final form

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I miss Kachidoki Arms. That was a good suit.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I figure it's going to be a Kachidochi Arms or Maximum Mighty Action X situation where they introduce an additional add-on for the true final form

I hope so, because this is kinda boring to me. Hopefully they make up for it with the sounds and visuals, like Shining's little circuit trail thing or Metal Cluster's shield things.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Junpei posted:

Goddamn, Kakuranger is goofy, but I love it. A rakugo narrator! The black team member speaks a lot of English! There's a giant cat bus restaurant! There are Adam West Batman visual sound effects!

Hope you're in for a ride! Kakuranger is my favorite Sentai show because its so amazingly goofy and fun. It changes tone a bit, but you'll be able to tell when.

Also, the Youkai design is FANTASTIC. The design sketches are absolutely stunning and worth looking into. It's a shame Yellow and Blue are basically one character.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

drrockso20 posted:

I'm betting on this too, since I bet it's going to be something like Ark-Zero destroys Aruto's belt forever in a dominant battle and then Zea creates Zero-Two for him. The marketing is pretty blatantly saying it's a brand new Rider as opposed to the final form.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The marketing is pretty blatantly saying it's a brand new Rider as opposed to the final form.

Where? Not doubting you, I just don't speak Japanese.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

LastGoodBoy posted:

Where? Not doubting you, I just don't speak Japanese.

From what I understand as someone that does not speak Japanese, the scans refer to him as Kamen Rider Zero-Two rather than Zero-One "Double Hopper" or whatever it could be as a basic Progrise Key form.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah it's a new Rider, that's why they show a picture of Aruto and all of Aruto's previous forms behind it in the spread. It's a completely different character that just happens to have a toy that slots into Aruto's special Driver, it's a completely new Rider.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blaze Dragon posted:

From what I understand as someone that does not speak Japanese, the scans refer to him as Kamen Rider Zero-Two rather than Zero-One "Double Hopper" or whatever it could be as a basic Progrise Key form.

Aruto uses the Zero-Two Progrise Key with the Zero-Two Driver and he's called Kamen Rider Zero-Two in the magazine.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

With the new filming guidelines it's a happy coincidence three (and Jin also sorta) of the riders have a gun as weapon. :v:

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I'm not convinced by any of that logic. To be clear I'm not saying it won't be the case, but I'm still convinced it could still be an upgrade.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also like the name Zero Two makes perfect sense as an upgrade to Zero One. It's one more.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Zedd posted:

With the new filming guidelines it's a happy coincidence three (and Jin also sorta) of the riders have a gun as weapon. :v:

Aruto has the Authorize Buster which they could easily bring back, Yua and Fuwa have their ShotRisers, Horobi has his Attache Arrow, Gai has plenty of ranged attacks with the Thousand Jacker. Only Jin (kind of) and Raiden don't have ranged weapons, which will be very easy to work with.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

It will likely be a new Rider but not a new character: Ohno Arc Zero is SO strong he destroys/obsoletes the Hiden Driver, But Zea makes a new and improved Zero One with a new improved belt, Say goodbye to 01, here is 02! Like I think in-show the Diver will be a replacement/upgraded one, not just a temp change for this key.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just want to point out, Ichimonji is Kamen Rider Nigo also known as Kamen Rider Two, The Second, or 02.

Like, yeah, this is probably a new form or whatever, but it's not like this isn't homaging something that's literally happened in this franchise quite famously.

If Zero One is meant to be the Reiwa take on Ichigo, it makes thematic sense for Zero Two to be a different Rider in the same series.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Oh, sorry, I think I might have been misreading some people's statements. What I mean is I don't think this Zero-Two will be a new person as a new Rider, ala Kamen Rider and Kamen Rider 2. I think it'll be Aruto for sure, either being an attachment, a new driver entirely, or maybe a movie form.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ichimonji was around for 44 episodes.

Zero Two will likely be around for like 10.

Makes complete sense to introduce an entirely new character.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean if you take the movie into account we already had a first one, now we just need to upgrade the number on this rider.
Reiwa is a fun as hell movie and Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata is the most obvious tribute rider in ages.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 28, 2020

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah it's a new Rider, that's why they show a picture of Aruto and all of Aruto's previous forms behind it in the spread. It's a completely different character that just happens to have a toy that slots into Aruto's special Driver, it's a completely new Rider.

It literally says Aruto transforms into 02 with the Hiden 02 Driver and 02 Progrise Key, just to put this dumb debate to rest.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Caphi posted:

It literally says Aruto transforms into 02 with the Hiden 02 Driver and 02 Progrise Key, just to put this dumb debate to rest.

There's a lot of people named Aruto out there in the world.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Now you're just being willfully obtuse, stop it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Those new guidelines are interesting because it might mean the Precures end up punching stuff more than the Sentai and Rider characters for the next little while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Those new guidelines are interesting because it might mean the Precures end up punching stuff more than the Sentai and Rider characters for the next little while.
Introducing Kamen Rider 01: Ultra Instinct, 0 physical contact. :v: