Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

LastGoodBoy posted:

There's a lot of people named Aruto out there in the world.

For all we know, this could be a HumaGear of Aruto!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Late, but this page linked below says ゼロワン新生 which literally means "Zero-One reborn." It's clearly still the joke-man, but it's a whole new identity for promotional/press reasons. Same as Drive using a car or Fourze not having Rider Tears or Kamen Rider #3 existing or whatever.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Out of curiosity, one thing I do notice being added into Power Rangers that sometimes isn't in the OG Sentai is love stories. Tatsuya and Yuuri's relationship stays pretty much the same, I think when they became Wes and Jen, but I think Sentai just isn't into love side plots (aside from rare exceptions like the Ryu/Gai/Kaori love triangle in Jetman). I could be wrong, though: my knowledge of Sentai isn't super in-depth.

Kamen Rider has a few (Shinnosuke/Kiriko and a lot of Kiva's plot are the big ones that come to mind), as well, but Kamen Rider love stories tend to be "Rider #2 had a loved one who died in the past and that gives him anger to fight" (Gills, Knight, Brave), or tragedies that happen in-story (A lot of Faiz).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If we count the movies as canon, Shinnosuke canonically fucks, and that still throws me off.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Junpei posted:

Out of curiosity, one thing I do notice being added into Power Rangers that sometimes isn't in the OG Sentai is love stories. Tatsuya and Yuuri's relationship stays pretty much the same, I think when they became Wes and Jen, but I think Sentai just isn't into love side plots (aside from rare exceptions like the Ryu/Gai/Kaori love triangle in Jetman). I could be wrong, though: my knowledge of Sentai isn't super in-depth.

Kamen Rider has a few (Shinnosuke/Kiriko and a lot of Kiva's plot are the big ones that come to mind), as well, but Kamen Rider love stories tend to be "Rider #2 had a loved one who died in the past and that gives him anger to fight" (Gills, Knight, Brave), or tragedies that happen in-story (A lot of Faiz).

Probably because of some weird misconception a lot of people making kids shows have that kids aren't interested in romance, when that is most definitely not the case

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There's also Tomoko/Ryusei in Fourze, off the top of my head. That said, I'd argue that there just aren't many straight love stories. The homoeroticism/mom bait in KR is absolutely intentional, especially in neo-Heisei. I mean...

gestures vaguely at W, OOO, Build, and arguably Drive if you count Go/Chase as enemies-to-lovers

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...Banjou falls into the Ryo/Ren/Hiiro camp, just with "My girlfriend died" pushed up from "before series started" to "early on in the series".

And later getting better reasons to fight with "Wait, an alien's my dad?".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm obviously referring to Banjou/Sento. :colbert:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh. Right. The yaoi fangirls.

Look, I'm not trying to discredit your worldview or anything. If the shipping that way brings you joy, go in peace. I don't mind.

I just don't see it that way. I am a hyper canon-nerd. If it's not directly stated or implied super hard, I don't ship it. And really, Sento and Banjou argue too much for me to see it as romantic. It overshoots the "aww, they argue so they love each other" zone.

But that's just me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2pKOVceEyk

There is no heterosexual explanation for this.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

PMush Perfect posted:

Now, Eiji / Ankh, I buy into whole-heartedly.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Junpei posted:

Now, Eiji / Ankh, I buy into whole-heartedly.

I can't see it at all

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 28, 2020

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
holy sh... is that Brotou?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It is. Around the time OOO was finishing up Iwanaga did all the usual "thanks everyone, it's been a great experience" posts and sharing cast photo stuff on his blog, including these couple of choice fujobait ones with Asaya Kimijima

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Honestly it was the smiling that threw me off.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I guess he was able to lighten up once the fighting as over and he and Date settled down :shobon:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

PMush Perfect posted:

They stopped just short of confirming those two as a couple.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

PMush Perfect posted:

Why else do you think Eiji is so obsessed with bringing Ankh back?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kamen Rider has a few basically canon gay couples. Beyond Eiji/Ankh, you have Tsukasa/Kaito (literally confirmed, if one-sided, Tsukasa's only love is trolling) and Kenzaki/Hajime (they literally got wedding rings released as products, even if this one's absolutely played for tragedy). It's kind of nice really, especially after (or in this case, I guess before) the mess that was Sento/Banjou after the terrible New World Cross-Z.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Burkion posted:

I just want to point out, Ichimonji is Kamen Rider Nigo also known as Kamen Rider Two, The Second, or 02.

Like, yeah, this is probably a new form or whatever, but it's not like this isn't homaging something that's literally happened in this franchise quite famously.

If Zero One is meant to be the Reiwa take on Ichigo, it makes thematic sense for Zero Two to be a different Rider in the same series.

Also Zero Two has more of a design change that Kamen Rider Two ever had. Slightly there, but different nonetheless.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Kamen Rider has a few basically canon gay couples. Beyond Eiji/Ankh, you have Tsukasa/Kaito (literally confirmed, if one-sided, Tsukasa's only love is trolling) and Kenzaki/Hajime (they literally got wedding rings released as products, even if this one's absolutely played for tragedy). It's kind of nice really, especially after (or in this case, I guess before) the mess that was Sento/Banjou after the terrible New World Cross-Z.

There's also Go/Chase. The Kamen Rider Mach drama CD rules.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blaze Dragon posted:

Don't forget Godai and Ichijou.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Don't forget Godai and Ichijou.

Speaking of which, why exactly did they change the latter into a woman for the Decade adaption of Kuuga?

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

gourdcaptain posted:

There's also Go/Chase. The Kamen Rider Mach drama CD rules.
I mean, unless it's some kind of power throuple, then not really. Gou literally gets a girlfriend in the V-Cinema.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Trogglodyte posted:

I mean, unless it's some kind of power throuple, then not really. Gou literally gets a girlfriend in the V-Cinema.

I'm not a fan of that V-Cinema, but the Drama CD is literally about Gou dreaming about going on a date with Chase and realizing that's what he actually wants. Which to be fair puts it in the same category as Build only less homophobic about it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, why exactly did they change the latter into a woman for the Decade adaption of Kuuga?

So they could kill her

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Burkion posted:

So they could kill her

Don't forget punch her right in the nose.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
I mean Decade Kuuga is basically opposite land Kuuga.

1) Decade Kuuga is is very openly boastful about awesome he thinks he but failed at a critical moment vs. talented but humble regular Kuuga who is internally worried about if he is just becoming a monster
2) Decade Grongi actively want to revive their leader vs Original Grongi who are all terrified as hell of him

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I know Decade!Ryuki had the lawyer gimmick, Decade!Faiz had the high school gimmick, Decade!Blade had the restaurant gimmick... Decade!Kabuto had "our hero is always in Clock Up"... Decade!Hibiki made Hibiki lazy and Asamu responsible... I think Decade!Den-O was legit the exact same.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Junpei posted:

I know Decade!Ryuki had the lawyer gimmick, Decade!Faiz had the high school gimmick, Decade!Blade had the restaurant gimmick... Decade!Kabuto had "our hero is always in Clock Up"... Decade!Hibiki made Hibiki lazy and Asamu responsible... I think Decade!Den-O was legit the exact same.

It was because they had to do Chou Den-O

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Decade!Agito also made all three Riders the same character for some reason. Also in Decade!Kiva Wataru was a little boy and his dad was still alive.

That said, I do kind of like the AU Hibiki universe better than the actual one to be totally honest.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
AU Kuuga is my idiot son and I love him

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If Godai was in Decade, Decade wouldn't be able to do the smugly superior shtick

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

gourdcaptain posted:

I'm not a fan of that V-Cinema, but the Drama CD is literally about Gou dreaming about going on a date with Chase and realizing that's what he actually wants. Which to be fair puts it in the same category as Build only less homophobic about it.

He could be bi/pan :colbert:

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Burkion posted:

So they could kill her

That's weird, I could have sworn Inoue wasn't writing for Decade at that point.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

LastGoodBoy posted:

:yeah:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

LastGoodBoy posted:

:emptyquote:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't seen Decade in full, does Den-O not actually have an AR or do they just kinda dodge differences by only dealing with the Imagin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe Decade is when for all intents and purposes, Den-O becomes just Momotaros.