Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«368 »
GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Soiled Meat

PMush Perfect posted:

Itís the best KR in recent memory. How far back depends on your opinions.

Well like I said, I really really liked OOO and this gives me a lot of the same vibes, but with more of the classic feeling of Showa rider so I'm pretty happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

Itís the best KR in recent memory. How far back depends on your opinions.

i thought ex-aid was much better than build.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

So I've watched Build up through the introduction of Cross-Z and yeah watching how drat good this show is really makes Zero-1's shortcomings even more stark. Fukkin' a this show is really great.

Now you see why we were so harsh on its two successor series. Itís not perfect by any means, but the two after it donít seem to try half as hard as the writers of that show did.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Rolling Thunder: War to the Knife, Knife to the Hilt

Why? , that's why.

Elfgames posted:

Dan Kuroto is individually better than any single character in Build, or even Ex-Aid, but by and large I enjoyed Build more. I thought Ex-Aid was pretty good show mostly carried by Dan Kuroto's chaotic and charismatic energy but Build was an ambitious, if flawed, show that swung for the same fences that Gaim did and managed to hit a homer. Not necessarily out of the park but just managing to land in the bleachers.

I think a lot of it was me liking Sento and Banjo as deuteragonists more than Emu as a lead. Also Be The One slaps.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Soiled Meat

Aw dang, Stalk!!!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Someone call the Chancellery Guard. Commander Maxil's out of uniform. AGAIN.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Aw dang, Stalk!!!

it's very Harrison Wells

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK
AND TWICE AS TALL

Xarbala posted:

Also Be The One slaps.
Not as much as Build Up. Iíd link it now, but I donít think our friend is to that part yet.

PMush Perfect fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 30, 2020

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Garo Versus Road 8: I really wasn't expecting the serial killer to eat poo poo this episode. I guess there might be a bit more to go in the murderer model's plotline to unravel.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Elfgames posted:

I think Build was definitely better overall than Ex-Aid, but Ex-Aid is a solid and respectable second place. Build has drat near perfect pacing and well written characters. Ex-Aid has Neo Shin Dan Kuroto.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Speaking of Build, this is one of the best scenes, even though it's from a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM5f3WviMY

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK
AND TWICE AS TALL

drat, I'm dumb. I said Build Up, and that's good, but the best song from Build, the one I thought I was talking about, is definitely Ready Go. Though I admit that may just be because the TankTank reveal is my favorite scene in Build.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

the TankTank reveal is my favorite scene in Build.

"Just kidding! I wasn't actually losing at all! I was really winning the whole time! lol!"

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Soiled Meat

LastGoodBoy posted:

Speaking of Build, this is one of the best scenes, even though it's from a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM5f3WviMY

I will have to watch that later as I don't want to break my run.

I just wanted to drop in to say "Wolf Smartphone" is a fukkin hilarious combo. But yeah y'all weren't kidding when you said this show goes hard. Full on war with factions of Japan using Kamen Riders is WILD.

Edit holy lmao Kamen Rider Grease is a Miitan fan

Edit 2 UTSUMI?!?!!

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 30, 2020

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Pictured: Me being confused by SA.

And also just by things in general.

WolfSmartphone is a reference to Faiz right

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I will have to watch that later as I don't want to break my run.

I just wanted to drop in to say "Wolf Smartphone" is a fukkin hilarious combo. But yeah y'all weren't kidding when you said this show goes hard. Full on war with factions of Japan using Kamen Riders is WILD.

Edit holy lmao Kamen Rider Grease is a Miitan fan

Edit 2 UTSUMI?!?!!

Oh you are going to love the next parts, from here up until like ep 35+ it's a nonstop thrill.
Post/detail your reactions as much as possible. .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

LastGoodBoy posted:

"Just kidding! I wasn't actually losing at all! I was really winning the whole time! lol!"

Sento is a sneaky bastard when he wants to be.

«368 »