Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

PMush Perfect posted:

I still really like Gentoku's arc through the series, especially his relationship with Sento and how that relates to Katsuragi's legacy. It's not at all difficult to draw the conclusion that he was using Katsuragi as his moral compass. Seeing Sento, who is/isn't Katsuragi, condemning his choices, while also losing everything else, leaves him aimless (and realizing how far he's fallen and how much self-justifying he's been doing.) Yeah, the main reason he changed at the end was because his actor didn't want to be scary any more, but you can also see it as him becoming the person he used to be before he was broken by difficult moral choices. Once Sento is his moral compass again, he doesn't feel like he has to harden up, and can lean into the parts of himself that he lost touch with.

I kind of found his goofiness after joining the heroes to be a little sad. He’s been so wrapped up in hard choices before falling to outright villainy and the horrors necessary to become Rogue that he’s forgotten how to function outside of it. He needed this group of weirdos to help him learn to live again.

Gentoku had a really good arc.

PMush Perfect posted:

That one gets brought up a couple times, including one point in 27 (which I just rewatched last night after talking about it). He says outright that those words made him the person he is now. :3:

I miss the days when the main Rider had a defined character beyond one or two quirks and showed development over time. Looking at you, Mr. “I Wanna Be a King” and Failed Comedian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Geostomp posted:

I miss the days when the main Rider had a defined character beyond one or two quirks and showed development over time. Looking at you, Mr. “I Wanna Be a King” and Failed Comedian.
Sometimes that one quirk can be enough, though! As long as a point is made of that character's view being unwavering even in the face of things that would damage or break anyone else. See Kisaragi "Friendship is awesome" Gentaro, who doesn't back down on his desire to be everyone's friend even with the person who literally murdered him. It feels earned.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

PMush Perfect posted:

Sometimes that one quirk can be enough, though! As long as a point is made of that character's view being unwavering even in the face of things that would damage or break anyone else. See Kisaragi "Friendship is awesome" Gentaro, who doesn't back down on his desire to be everyone's friend even with the person who literally murdered him. It feels earned.

i feel it also helps that fukushi Sold the hell out of that character, this is a Very easy character to screw up if not cast correctly. and don't forget he meant Everyone even his final boss, and a satellite. but not the incel who tried to drive a bus full of his stalking victims off a bridge that guy did Not get a friendship handshake

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

M.Matsuda posted:

i feel it also helps that fukushi Sold the hell out of that character, this is a Very easy character to screw up if not cast correctly.
A very good point, I shouldn't devalue his contribution to Gen being my favorite Kamen Rider. Casting is definitely part of the difference between Kyoruger and Shinkenger being fun red-centric series, and Ninninger and Kyuranger... not. Takeru could have been an absolutely hated character if (one Google later because I forgot his name) Tori Matsuzaka hadn't done such an excellent job of selling him as "trying to pretend to be above it all but really, really not."

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
At the end of the show, I was watching Gen and thinking "this is the same character who was a major villain just a little while ago" and being impressed at how his actor had so much range that he could believably play the same character as a goofy hero.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Failed Comedian may be official main Rider according to Toei, but not by long shot when it comes to competent writing. That honor goes to Fuwa and Jin.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Well putting one side of Pandora's Box full of bottles certainly is a thing :staredog:

Edit: Damnit episode 29, I'm not crying, YOU are crying! T__T

also: QUEEN OF loving MARS?!?!

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 31, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Well putting one side of Pandora's Box full of bottles certainly is a thing :staredog:

Edit: Damnit episode 29, I'm not crying, YOU are crying! T__T

also: QUEEN OF loving MARS?!?!
What did you think of the proxy battle, especially how and why Banjou lost, and the RabbitRabbit / TankTank reveals?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

PMush Perfect posted:

What did you think of the proxy battle, especially how and why Banjou lost, and the RabbitRabbit / TankTank reveals?

Fukkin' awesome as hell. Banjou is my favorite idiot boy. RabbitRabbit is one of my favorite forms, but Ninja Comic will always be special because I'm a total sucker for the color scheme and scarf

Further: the Proxy Battles were really neat; Banjou losing the way he did shows why I like him so much. And the villains in this one really are huge pieces of poo poo, so I look forward to them being utterly smashed later

I really, really look forward to some day being able to get many of the SH Figuarts Riders from this series. I know the Rabbit Tank is being reissued for I think a September release it looks like. I'm down.

Also when it comes to the belts, since the series is from 2017 it doesn't seem like it's too difficult to get a hold of them (or many of the other goods). My OOO belt cost me around $130 shipped when I got it last year.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 31, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Meanwhile on the other side of the Toku universe: the Ultraman Z Windam and Sevengar ¥500 soft vinyls have been revealed and god drat they are really nice looking for such budget toys

https://twitter.com/mgs3pwv124/status/1267220153608986624?s=20

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Better looks at the Zero-Two Driver and Progrise Key.
https://twitter com/Tokullector/status/1267223213085523968
Edit: Broke link to prevent spoilers

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Fukkin' awesome as hell. Banjou is my favorite idiot boy. RabbitRabbit is one of my favorite forms, but Ninja Comic will always be special because I'm a total sucker for the color scheme and scarf

Further: the Proxy Battles were really neat; Banjou losing the way he did shows why I like him so much. And the villains in this one really are huge pieces of poo poo, so I look forward to them being utterly smashed later

I really, really look forward to some day being able to get many of the SH Figuarts Riders from this series. I know the Rabbit Tank is being reissued for I think a September release it looks like. I'm down.

Also when it comes to the belts, since the series is from 2017 it doesn't seem like it's too difficult to get a hold of them (or many of the other goods). My OOO belt cost me around $130 shipped when I got it last year.

I know your are ready to go, but is your soul burning yet?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
Found this uploaded about two days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QsLxq4476o

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Junpei posted:

The crowd doing the chan bara's for Shinkenger is so hype.

Let's Bushido.

Speaking of Did something happen to OT's shinkenger subs? Can't find it on their sight at all.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 1, 2020

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Trogglodyte posted:

Better looks at the Zero-Two Driver and Progrise Key.
https://twitter com/Tokullector/status/1267223213085523968
Edit: Broke link to prevent spoilers

Haha, I forgot about his banner pick. I love that Decade is in it twice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Speaking of Did something happen to OT's shinkenger subs? Can't find it on their sight at all.

When the website had to be rebuilt, it took all the old release posts with it. Look for it on https://nyaa.si/user/Over-Time

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Waffleman_ posted:

When the website had to be rebuilt, it took all the old release posts with it. Look for it on https://nyaa.si/user/Over-Time

3 seeders RIP.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The OT Discord has a channel specifically for requesting reseeds, try there.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The seeders are dedicated and pretty good, too. You might well be able to get it DLed with just the three.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:supaburn:CROSS-Z MAGMA!!!:supaburn:

Holy poo poo the suit design is GREAT! The dragon head on the helmet is *chef's kiss*

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

My friend who is too lazy to watch Kamen Rider was trying to make an analogy for the riots. He didn't get my reference, which is exactly why I made it.

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jun 1, 2020

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

LastGoodBoy posted:

My friend who is too lazy to watch Kamen Rider was trying to make an analogy for the riots. He didn't get my reference, which is exactly why I made it.

You should tweet that to Trump

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

LastGoodBoy posted:

Now do the scene from Shin Kamen Rider where the scientist rants about all grasshoppers being telepathic soldiers out to overthrow God and found the perfect nation.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

LastGoodBoy posted:

Your friend sucks dude

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Your friend sucks dude

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Re: Build episode 34 - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh boy, here we go! :unsmigghh:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

We’re going down the Evolt rabbit hole now. Get ready for things to get so much worse for the good guys.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Junpei posted:

This slaps

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
So, I was reflecting on my comment about how they might change Melto or Towa's genders when they turned Ryusoulger into Dino Fury, and it got me to thinking about other unadapted Sentai and who might get gender-flipped for a Power Rangers adaptation, and I realized that there's only really one who needs it, Ryusoulger aside.

ToQger, Zyuogher, and Kiramager already have the usual 2 girls to a team that don't require any flips.

Patranger Vs. Lupinranger follows the usual "starting team of 3 plus later additions" that adaptations usually leave alone, like Ninja Storm and Beast Morphers.

The big one is Kyuranger, which has 2 girls on an eventual team of 12, which I have a feeling is not going to be let slide.

Honestly, if I had to make any predictions for who gets turned into a girl for a Power Rangers adaptation of Kyuranger: Spada, Naga Ray, Balance.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Junpei posted:

So, I was reflecting on my comment about how they might change Melto or Towa's genders when they turned Ryusoulger into Dino Fury, and it got me to thinking about other unadapted Sentai and who might get gender-flipped for a Power Rangers adaptation, and I realized that there's only really one who needs it, Ryusoulger aside.

ToQger, Zyuogher, and Kiramager already have the usual 2 girls to a team that don't require any flips.

Patranger Vs. Lupinranger follows the usual "starting team of 3 plus later additions" that adaptations usually leave alone, like Ninja Storm and Beast Morphers.

The big one is Kyuranger, which has 2 girls on an eventual team of 12, which I have a feeling is not going to be let slide.

Honestly, if I had to make any predictions for who gets turned into a girl for a Power Rangers adaptation of Kyuranger: Spada, Naga Ray, Balance.

Honestly I figure any Kyuranger member who is a suit character will probably stay as one if we ever get a Power Rangers adaptation of it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I figure any Kyuranger member who is a suit character will probably stay as one if we ever get a Power Rangers adaptation of it

Jungle Fury would argue with you there

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

drrockso20 posted:

That's an understandable point to make, I just felt that Balance was so... well... campy that it'd be easy to turn him into a woman and not have people bat an eye.

Garu, Champ, and Xiao are definitely staying men (and Raptor-283's staying a woman) in the adaptation.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

drrockso20 posted:

Haha that reminds me of how SPD turned Dekabreak into a suit character.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Tsuburaya will be hosting a live event featuring the principals of the new show Ultraman Zett on YouTube, at 5 pm Japan time on June 5th, 2020..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8xIzEb5Cv8

That translates to 4 AM EDT here in the US, or 1 AM PST..

I have my stevephone alarm set!

Edit: Sevenger with that pandemic-friendly ROCKET PUNCH!

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 2, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

BUILD GENIUS :supaburn:

This has been a loving rollercoaster!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

GREAT! ALL YAY!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The Totally Flawless Bottle Brainiac does get a good intro.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Build Genius isn't a popular suit, but I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
Please tell me Dr. Harley shows up multiple times.