Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

It seems to certainly get into actual plot after almost 30 episodes. Too bad Genm is two months behind for me to watch it for real, while keeping up with /m/ threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

"We live together in her Skull Cave. We cook each other dinner all the time. She gifted me this beautiful horse. Do you think I should ask her out?"*

*Ancient lesbo saying

>when you don't really care about owning the ToQ Buckle but you want a Shield Express for your fleet

<this, too, is all Decade's fault>

Blaze Dragon posted:

Z's appearance is definitely when ToQger gets really good, and the villains go from "okay" to "by far the best part of the show". He's such a great character and adds super interesting character interactions to the villain side that weren't there before, and it just feels like the writers put significantly more effort into the important villains from there on too.

Even in the few episodes since he showed up (having not watched any more since my last post) there's been some of that with Grita taking an active role in a mission, Noire switching to look for sparkling darkness, and whatever is going on with Schwarz and the hammer monster and what he plans to do with it and his or Grita's feelings

Already so much more complex than "I will make more darkness than you"

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Junpei posted:

wait hold up rewind Saber is getting good?

No, it's still terrible.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Is anybody subbing Girl Gun Lady?

Someone is.

https://renshuusubs.wordpress.com/

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Even in the few episodes since he showed up (having not watched any more since my last post) there's been some of that with Grita taking an active role in a mission, Noire switching to look for sparkling darkness, and whatever is going on with Schwarz and the hammer monster and what he plans to do with it and his or Grita's feelings

I do wish they did a full villain team role call like Nero wanted in the movie.

SpiderHyphenMan
Mar 31, 2010

It's too bad that Wagon is literally intolerable.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sweet, thanks.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

"We live together in her Skull Cave. We cook each other dinner all the time. She gifted me this beautiful horse. Do you think I should ask her out?"*

*Ancient lesbo saying

ToQger 16-18

okay, you all weren't kidding. Akira rules so far. great introductory episodes

Xelkelvos posted:

I do wish they did a full villain team role call like Nero wanted in the movie.

dang. that'd be sick

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's too bad that Wagon is literally intolerable.

yeaaaah, she's not great and really sticks out like a sore thumb

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I don't want to judge an entire series based on the first few episodes but so far Ultraman Geed absolutely kicks rear end.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gripweed posted:

I don't want to judge an entire series based on the first few episodes but so far Ultraman Geed absolutely kicks rear end.

It's REALLY good. I think one of the best of the New Generation Ultras for sure (I like Orb a bit more but I'm also old and Orb definitely goes for Showa era fans). Riku is a great character and his arc through the show is fantastic. His actor, Tatsuomi Hamada, has been the youngest actor to play an Ultra (he was 17 when Geed was filmed!) and also has been an enormous Ultraman fan since he was super young, and even played a character when he was 10 in the Ultraman Zero movie. You'll enjoy the entire series.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Someone call the Chancellery Guard. Commander Maxil's out of uniform. AGAIN.

Also, Geed's actor being 17 and a babyface is really funny when he guest-stars in Z and looks five years older despite only like two years separating the productions.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I saw him at the 2019 TsubuCon and yeah he was already changed quite a bit from when Geed had aired.

He does actually seem really wholesome though.

Potsticker
Jan 13, 2006

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Really enjoying reading your reactions. ToQger was such a fun show.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gripweed posted:

Believe me, it only gets better. Geed's an absolutely excellent show and my favourite Ultraman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Even the Ultraman Geed movie is pretty decent as it gives all the characters a chance to shine, including Reito.

Throwing in Gai Kurenai and Juggler is just icing on the cake.

In Ultraman Z, it's implied that Geed's Secret Base survived the self-destruct at the end of the TV series (tbf, this was also established in the movie) and now acts as transport for Riku and Pega to fight for justice across the Multiverse.