Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
For anyone else like me who wants to be a giant dork at work or on hiking trails: the connector app for the toku Vital Bracelet now has official English support and I'm making so much more progress figuring out challenges. I was WILDLY wrong about what some said!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

These costumes rule.

https://twitter.com/darrennath11/status/1480546708006133770?s=20

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Something I love about Ultraman is that basically everything is canon, including the three western made shows.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Larryb posted:

Something I love about Ultraman is that basically everything is canon, including the three western made shows.

Their commitment to having a (mostly) coherent multiverse and continuity across the entire franchise really tickles the nerdiest parts of my brain.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey all, Ultraman Scott here.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Makes me wonder what kinda back story they get; does Tartarus go to their universe on a lost bet or something?

At least it looks like Great and Powered will show up again; maybe Sakamoto wanted to bring all the 'American' Ultras back to the fold or something..

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Binary Badger posted:

Makes me wonder what kinda back story they get; does Tartarus go to their universe on a lost bet or something?

At least it looks like Great and Powered will show up again; maybe Sakamoto wanted to bring all the 'American' Ultras back to the fold or something..

Makes sense considering the animated Ultraman series did recently get a DVD release here in the US

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Makes sense considering the animated Ultraman series did recently get a DVD release here in the US

Different one actually.

USA Ultra was a Hanna Barbera pilot that never got picked up- the one that got a series was done by Sunrise

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Yeah and that was Ultraman Joneus, who got a great live action suit and a great suit actor for Absolute Conspiracy.

Hopefully they'll do as well for the USA Ultras.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Binary Badger posted:

Yeah and that was Ultraman Joneus, who got a great live action suit and a great suit actor for Absolute Conspiracy.

Hopefully they'll do as well for the USA Ultras.

Didn’t the USA Ultras already make a cameo in one of the older films (I want to say the first Zero movie)?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Leo fans will laugh at this one

An old study done by Shannon Tindle who's supposed to be working (as we speak) on that CGI Ultraman for Netflix / Tsuburaya.

I believe this Ultraman will be trying to deal with life as a transplant from America in Japan and raising a kaiju who is the son of his greatest enemy.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 11, 2022

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Okay so this was the most bonkers episode of Zenkaiger yet until the next one.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Agreed. I really also liked our new Red hero. Although I will miss Zenkaiger I look forward to the new series.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Every episode of Zenkaiger is a trip.

I'm going to miss these goofballs so much.

edit: Holy crepes! Only 3 episodes left?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Darth TNT posted:

:(

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

On the bright side, Donbrothers seems to be direct sequel of sorts and certain characters like Kaito, Zyuran, and possibly others will be sticking around in some capacity.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 12, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

6 episodes. I made the same mistake, Donbrothers begins in MARCH.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Was tempted to watch Zero One again on Shout, because I gave up after the contest arc, but nah, started Ryuki instead. Also still have lots of Ultras to catch up on.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Failson posted:

Was tempted to watch Zero One again on Shout, because I gave up after the contest arc, but nah, started Ryuki instead. Also still have lots of Ultras to catch up on.

It’s pretty roundly agreed that the competition arc is the lowest point of the show. It gets better later, but never does reach the same level the earlier episodes had.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The movie and v-cinemas are great tho

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Zero-One has got the inverse waveform of Ex-Aid for me where it starts great and it ends great, whereas Ex-Aid was at it's strongest in the middle when it was focusing on characters like Kuroto on Parad

I like Zero-One better because of action and aesthetics, though

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

OnimaruXLR posted:

Zero-One has got the inverse waveform of Ex-Aid for me where it starts great and it ends great, whereas Ex-Aid was at it's strongest in the middle when it was focusing on characters like Kuroto on Parad

I like Zero-One better because of action and aesthetics, though

This is more or less my view of those shows too, honestly. Granted, that's setting aside the v-cines, because Zero-One's are amazing and I haven't seen most of Ex-Aid's.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

6 episodes. I made the same mistake, Donbrothers begins in MARCH.

:woop:

Honestly, it doesn't feel like we're nearing end game yet for some reason. Even if Gege now finally appears to be making a move.

I do miss Hakaider though. :(

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay I feel like a solid 80% of what Don Momotaro says, just straight-up is completely nonsense

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, that's early cameos.

Remember when they had like two fart jokes for Vice in the Saber preview?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Remember the Ghost cameo in Drive where he moved and acted creepily enough to look horror-themed?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sometimes you get the OOO Winter Movie where it feels like an early cameo 13 episodes into the show.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, that's early cameos.

Remember when they had like two fart jokes for Vice in the Saber preview?

even worse was they'd at that point in japan, had two other cameos Before that, that we didn't get to see due to being in a movie. neither of which had the fart jokes

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 16, 2022

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
PR Comic opinion for the past month's issues:

Negative: There's a lot of Star Wars analogies I could make here wherein the writing doesn't understand what makes Zedd or Vader actually scary, just as Lucas did in Episode III. Both implicity trust the man who made them the monster because "without him I wouldn't be alive" (well at least Vader has the whole Sith power structure to lean on) but it ignores what makes them so scary is how they look like their lives are constant pain and hatred is the only reason they're still able to stand in their iron coffins. Either way, seeing Zedd not put the puzzle pieces together feels kind of lousy given that he is a pretty decent chessmaster in the TV series pantheon.

I don't know what exactly is or isn't the Zeo Crystal anymore, owing to the comic's embarrassed reluctance toward the Ohranger symbols prop used on TV.

Positive: At last they deliver the fantasy fusion of Dragon/Tiger zords, and it looks like something that you could see Toei actually bang together if they were paid to. It's shoulders have that "samurai armor" look in keeping with Dairanger's primary mech, and making a twin blade sword out of the drilltail and tiger saber is a nice touch and probably scales okay since this robot would be pretty drat big. It kind of like a mech version of KR Zangetsu, but with Zyu/Dai trimmings.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey guys, Revice loving owns bones. Holy rollers what a good episode.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Holy poo poo Olteca is evil.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This week's Revice was another peak episode to me, the first since the Faiz Flyer episode. It's funny how the bad guys only became interesting once they started fighting each other. Kinda makes it the inverse of "and now the Riders will fight each other" stuff that is so commonplace nowadays.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That was an interesting Zenkaiger as well, I’m kind of curious who Pseudo Stacey is now and what happened to the real deal (alternatively, this is the real Stacey but Gege is controlling him somehow)

Edit: Apparently this question was answered at the end of the previous episode but I seem to have completely forgotten about the scene in question, anyone care to remind me?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 17, 2022

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Edit: Apparently this question was answered at the end of the previous episode but I seem to have completely forgotten about the scene in question, anyone care to remind me?

Gege took control of Stacey's body somehow. The Stacey we see is the true one's body, but Gege's mind is the one in control (while also simultaneously controlling his bird body, it seems).

It honestly makes me wonder even harder just what Gege is playing at. If we take him at his word (probably not a good idea, but he seemed very insistent on this one) he wants to destroy the Tojitendo, the very people he's been manipulating all season (it was made clear very soon that Gege can easily make Bokkowaus do whatever he wants, which puts him at the highest tier of the empire even if no one realizes it). It's weird and it does make me want to know more about this evil bird.

Meanwhile Revice just shooting on all cylinders and delivering every emotional scene perfectly! It's such a giant step upwards from the mediocrity of Saber, holy poo poo. I have that Zero-One fear of a great start followed by an awful middle but so far it has never disappointed. Also worried about my man Hiromi. I imagine we'll get to see the Demons Driver's actual full power (four Genomixes at once) at some point but considering he's already on the verge of death it may be his last moment. Or it may turn him into a Demon himself or something, Karizaki just dealt him the worst possible thing here. But also this episode shows Karizaki's positive qualities in a way none previous did, he felt genuinely guilty for Volcano failing and nearly killing Ikki, which surprised me, and he's never not shown completely serious which is a first. His manipulation of Daiji before with the Twosidriver was to power up Live, so maybe this will end well for Hiromi and it's all going just as planned? I never know how to feel about this guy.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

George is a little freak (complimentary) and he wants to gently caress Ikki's dad.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It would be funny if at the end of the series almost every person in an administrative role in FENIX turns out to be evil except George, who actually does just want to watch the Kamen Riders punch things (and maybe each-other). They're already on that track anyway.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 18, 2022

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I think George and Kougami have a lot in common.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Gege took control of Stacey's body somehow. The Stacey we see is the true one's body, but Gege's mind is the one in control (while also simultaneously controlling his bird body, it seems).

It honestly makes me wonder even harder just what Gege is playing at. If we take him at his word (probably not a good idea, but he seemed very insistent on this one) he wants to destroy the Tojitendo, the very people he's been manipulating all season (it was made clear very soon that Gege can easily make Bokkowaus do whatever he wants, which puts him at the highest tier of the empire even if no one realizes it). It's weird and it does make me want to know more about this evil bird.

Barashitara seems to suspect something though.

I have found that I quite like Barashitara and how in his weird way he does care for Stacey.

And I have to give it to Stacey's actor. The way he was constantly smirking this episode was a little unsettling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I like that they didn't draw it out. They could have had Stacey working (pretending to work?) with the good guys for several episodes while they blatantly and stupidly ignore the signs that something's not right, but they didn't.

For a silly show where the bad guys plant to take over the world by making people obsess over bug collecting or turning everything into a stereotypical Japanese high-school, Zenkaiger is surprisingly clever.