Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Updating is for cowards and weaklings

So is posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

gourdcaptain posted:

Or the ridiculous Decade Ryuki lawyer-verse one, you can't forget that. They even have the same combat-time weird use of the Mirror World if I remember correctly. Build's also going to be "fun" to reconcile with crossovers unless they stick it in an alternate universe to the main one.

I'm just assuming that Build is set in the future

TenCentFang posted:

I have an ex that loving hates Rebellion but I thought it was pretty good and the ending made perfect sense. We were talking about it literally just this morning. Am I in the minority on that?

From what I remember Rebellion just feels infuriatingly incomplete due to it's ending, and that comes from someone who despises Madoka because of how bleak and depressing it is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rebellion's ending was entirely to facilitate a continuation of the story, whether as a second season or a fourth movie, except that it's been nearly 4 years and nothing's happened.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
So I guess I'm in two threads that are now about Madoka that are mostly unconnected to either Madoka or each other.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like that the ending is ambiguous and uncertain. I think nothing they'd actually do could compete with the uneasy mystery of "what next?", especially since it only sets up that radically new status quo in the last few minutes, although I came in late and so I admit I may feel differently if I was expecting more material to follow. Knowing the movie was the final word going in, the ending felt anxiously unnerving in its openness.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Caphi posted:

So I guess I'm in two threads that are now about Madoka that are mostly unconnected to either Madoka or each other.

The same could be said of anybody who posts in ADTRW

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Y'all talkin' about magical girls now?

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
So when it was announced, Vanishing Line just looked like any old futuristic suspense thriller from the guys that brought you Shingeki no Bahamut. Turns out it's the next Garo anime.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that looks rad as heck

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well gently caress yes then

So the first Garo anime, which I REALLY need to finish watching, was a throwback to 1970s design styles and ideas

The second was a regression into early to mid 2000s anime in that everything looked flat as gently caress, the animation was this horrible stilted thing, the colors were weirdly pale, and the CGI was literally worse than the CGI in the contemporary 2005 original series with horrific writing to match because it was the laziest loving Japanese mythology but with GARO poo poo they could fart out

...I'm also going to have to finish Crimson Moon just to properly tear its poo poo apart

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AtheistMantis posted:

So when it was announced, Vanishing Line just looked like any old futuristic suspense thriller from the guys that brought you Shingeki no Bahamut. Turns out it's the next Garo anime.

If you'll post that, the least you can do is link to the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Bqexemyfg

It sure does not look even remotely GARO even with the character in-frame but man, that's some good animation there. I'm excited.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's because they showed like one shot of garo armor at the very end. i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they will use it more in the rest of the show.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Holy poo poo, GET HYPE

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Build is an excellent suit. Really love its design and visual effects. It's so cool how they took the W concept except it's more asymmetrical. I really like the more restrained belt voice and sound effects. As much as Kageyama belts and Ex-Aid's ridiculous sound design worked despite it all, it's nice to have less noisy toys. Sento's a huge hilarious goofball, legit competent but not an overbearing power fantasy, and he worked out the perfect Rider Kick with physics. His interplay with Ryuga's already good Great pilot, if a little too packed.

Even if Build's not all that good, Sento should be consistently amusing and that works for me!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So this is what DoReMiFa Beat causes on Riders.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Watching Fourze, the last Heisei Rider series that I haven't seen through various coincidences. Generally enjoying it, most of the suits and action are pretty good, and Gentaro's pretty great (he's an enthusiastic but kinda dense guy without going full Screaming Red Ranger). The main issue I have is that the director, Koichi Sakamoto's up to his usual creepy shooting of actresses on set. It's like he's incapable of establishing that a female actress is in the scene except by showing their legs first. I've also seen some of his other work, and it's a problem he has in general.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

In his defense, it is sometimes Nao Nagasawa's legs.

I haven't noticed that myself, but that's probably due to being a younger dude at the time. Given some of the stuff he's directed though, it doesn't surprise me to hear it's a running theme.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

This is a really important consideration IMO.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I haven't noticed that myself, but that's probably due to being a younger dude at the time. Given some of the stuff he's directed though, it doesn't surprise me to hear it's a running theme.

It also bothers me somewhat more than usual because the characters are underaged in Fourze, adding a new layer of creepy to it.

Also can't look at Yuki the same way with some of her more unhinged expressions ever since I found out her actress quit acting for a while to join a cult.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

gourdcaptain posted:

It also bothers me somewhat more than usual because the characters are underaged in Fourze, adding a new layer of creepy to it.

Also can't look at Yuki the same way with some of her more unhinged expressions ever since I found out her actress quit acting for a while to join a cult.

That's totally fair, it's definitely weirder when it's school-age characters rather than adults. As for Yuki, didn't she recently return to acting under a different name or something? Not that that makes it any less troubling that it happened in the first place. Poor Yuki, she was such a highlight of that show, and it was a show full of highlights.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

gourdcaptain posted:

Wait, what?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That's totally fair, it's definitely weirder when it's school-age characters rather than adults. As for Yuki, didn't she recently return to acting under a different name or something? Not that that makes it any less troubling that it happened in the first place. Poor Yuki, she was such a highlight of that show, and it was a show full of highlights.

it really wasn't

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fourze was excellent in every way except suit design. dang, those were some ugly suits.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Yeah it was. Fourze owns hard.

Also base Fourze is a good suit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Base States: B+
Elec States: C
Fire States: C+
Magnet States: A-
Cosmic States: D-

For calibration, my A+ suit is Kachidoki Arms and my F is Decade Complete.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

B+ is fair for the base suit. I would buy a figure-rise kit of it if they ever by some miracle made more of those.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

PMush Perfect posted:

Base States: B+
Elec States: C
Fire States: C+
Magnet States: A-
Cosmic States: D-

For calibration, my A+ suit is Kachidoki Arms and my F is Decade Complete.
Rate :ssj: Hyper Muteki :ssj: and Shin Dan Karuto's :ghost: Dangerous Zombie :ghost: on this scale please.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Sep 9, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zedd posted:

Rate :ssj: Hyper Muteki :ssj: and :ghost: Shin Dan Karuto's Dangerous Zombie :ghost: on this scale please.
:ssj: : B, maybe B-? It's a cool design but I've always thought mono-color stuff without even highlights in another color were super lazy. Kinda wish they'd gotten more creative, maybe taken some notes from Ghost's Mugen?

:zombie: : Solid A. The black-white color scheme is one we don't get to see much of. It doesn't count for the score, but I love the zombie lift-up part of the transformation. Also does a great job of retroactively justifying the lazy Black Ex-Aid suit. Like a reverse Machine Chaser / Kamen Rider Chaser thing, if either of those suits were any better than mediocre.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks, I'm kinda the same on your scores. But I just love Hyper Muteki since it's the starman from super mario meets goku. :v:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

i was tickled that the ultimate form's game was a dynasty warrior

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fumika_Shimizu

quote:

Fumika Shimizu (清水 富美加 Shimizu Fumika, born 2 December 1994) is a Japanese actress, gravure idol and model.[1] In February 2017, she announced her retirement from the entertainment industry to join the controversial Happy Science religion.[2] Through Happy Science, she announced a return to acting under her new name Yoshiko Sengen (千眼 美子 Sengen Yoshiko) with Happy Science's ARI Production company.[3]

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, so it's Japanese Scientology. Got it.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

This reminds me of when YuGiOh GX had to hit the abort button on an arc because an actress decided to join a sex cult.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Why do I never hear about these things? :psyduck:

is there anyone else in a cult I should know about?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Craptacular! posted:

This reminds me of when YuGiOh GX had to hit the abort button on an arc because an actress decided to join a sex cult.

Wait what

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Craptacular! posted:

:psyduck: what the christ?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Toku Thread 4: Wait, WHO joined a cult?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Craptacular! posted:

Yugioh 5Ds had to completely retool everything after the first season because one of its actresses got involved with a cult. Are you sure you're not thinking of that?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Dexie posted:

Yugioh 5Ds had to completely retool everything after the first season because one of its actresses got involved with a cult. Are you sure you're not thinking of that?

Yeah I got my card battling mans seasons mixed up because I only ever was invested in the first cast, but yes that's what I was thinking of. The whole Dark Singers story was given a hasty rewrite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
yeah it was the main female character's story that got basically turned off by having her cult leader get eaten by a giant Nazca Lines Lizard and it never came back again.

TBH they did a pretty good job maintaining relevance with her considering her entire plotline got eaten.