Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

PMush Perfect posted:

Base States: B+
Elec States: C
Fire States: C+
Magnet States: A-
Cosmic States: D-

For calibration, my A+ suit is Kachidoki Arms and my F is Decade Complete.
Rate :ssj: Hyper Muteki :ssj: and Shin Dan Karuto's :ghost: Dangerous Zombie :ghost: on this scale please.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Sep 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Thanks, I'm kinda the same on your scores. But I just love Hyper Muteki since it's the starman from super mario meets goku. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Ex-Aid starts okay, and gets amazing after the first ~10 episodes pretty much all the way until the end.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I just finished episode 5 and, uh, wow. Are there always so many evil riders in KR?
Danger! Danger! Death Crisis! Genocide. :getin:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's genocide first!!!!!

Danger! Danger! GENOCIDE! Death Crisis! DANGEROUS ZOMBIE
I have failed shin Dan Karuto :(

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I give up.

Now where is my Hyper Muteki figuarts bandai.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Is that pink mech sporting a police baton?

Can't wait for the police brutality gifs. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

It'll probably be the cafe Owner if I had to guess. They could try and introduce a new character since it's still sorta early, but I'd doubt it.
With 2 other regions being in play it can easily be Riders from there as well.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Build was great, but I do not like this upgraded banjou suit, the original was so much cooler.

Also I randomly decided to check out Kyuranger's episode of this week (having seen none so far) and that was pretty neat; looks like a show ill watch once completed. Somebody explain me why the only "real" girl has a weird femme fatale powerup; does that make any more sense with context?
Why is there only one girl out of the 12 anyway? At the very least the main demographic of young boys would like looking at pretty ladies right?

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 9, 2018

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Yeah I did get that there where 2 girls technically, but I meant as real-life ladies that aren't aliens 1 out of 12 is just kinda bad.

The first sentai I watched fully was Gokaiger and that had very basic (if well executed) character archetypes and both the "tough" and "cute" lady in that show worked fine. Even Kyuryuger at least had 2 girls.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The lupinrangers turn a vault-lock on their morpher and their changecall is masquerade :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Build isn't even trying to be subtle about Grease and Misora

E: What.
That "reveal" legitimately made me laugh out loud.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

At this point I feel like the locations are like half of the charm, it'd feel weird to not fight in Generic Warehouse #4
I'm a big fan of generic stadium.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Holy poo poo Sento's actor can loving act. :stare:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Every red should be like Captain Marvelous. :colbert:
And yeah Diago was well done looking back. The show did give him a lot of focus but that focus was decently split between I'm Diago and I''m awesome and I´m Diago and my friends are great and they´ve got my back

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The Deleter posted:

My favorite part is that crazy evil scientist decided to give his ultimate weapon a little rock jingle when it turns on. :allears:
The magical touch of game master Gemn lives on.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the final forms are often lame as hell compared to earlier forms
Hyper Muteki is amazing, if that doesn't count for it I thought Maximum Mighty X was pretty silly in a good way as well.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm ready!! I finished Go-Busters before it aired, I'm in the mood for Sentai, gimme gimme! :D

Gaaah I hope it's good!
Have you seen shinkenger yet?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

drat that is slick as hell.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Kyoryuger is also pretty drat solid IMO.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

mikeycp posted:

really though, how good can it be if they don't get enter's actor back to play the same character except in english?
Pfft. Power Rider tradermark finally gets used to adapt Ex-Aid and Dan Karuto reprises his role. :getin:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

they'd never adapt ex-aid because the hero is pink.
My quote made it pretty clear the hero is a black/white zombie. :shepface:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

That Miitan pillow worked supremely well to make Grease go from "oh he's with them now" to "yesss he's with them"

Also the powercreep in Build is kinda insane tbh, but the story makes it work so far.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

The power creep is pretty justified in this case. It's a wartime arms race between Riders with the backing of nations. Seito probably poured like half their military budget into their weird-rear end Crocodile Gel.
Oh don't get me wrong, it does make total sense. But it's still funny how fast stuff keeps escalating. Hazard trigger is not a has-been, around 3 episodes after Sento went bezerk with it and was a giant danger to anybody.

Also the Hazard trigger Jingle actually sounding like "oh poo poo" tonewise is great.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

coconono posted:

drat, Kamen Rider Build is really fuckin heavy. Just hitting Episode 17 and it doesn't seem to want to slow down or get into MOTW stuff. I thought it'd be a light silly adventure but they really went all in on the Military Industrial Complex Conspiracy stuff. Plus they threw in some good ol fashioned gaslighting because that's really evil poo poo. And a world war has broken out.

Surprised they haven't broken off the build handle at least once.
Episode 21 is downright depressing. :smith:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Sentai was fun, but for some reason it feels wrong for them to get to the mutual respect seeds this early.

Rider was great, Hazard Trigger being dangerous as gently caress is still believable. :stare:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

I’m waiting for the revelation that Rogue and Stalk are Martians in human skin. It’s just obvious given how both have “they were such nice guys until they got a taste of the Box’s Power” backstories.
I can see Stalk being overwritten by martian stuff, and coming to his senses to reunite with his daughter and fight the true big bad. Rogue will probably be beaten, have a moment of clarity and die

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

gourdcaptain posted:

I really would love another reluctant teamup combiner like there was in Gekiranger, yeah.
Is this referring the Combination of the Gekiranger Mecha with the Black Lion + Chamelion? I haven't seen Gekiranger itself but I love JungleFury and their versions of those 2 characters turned fully good by the end so I wonder how they ended in the sentai.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Outside of Menza being lame thats an impressive list.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

RabbitRabbit is cool but I can't wair for TankTank MORE DAKKA.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

tank tank is the same widget with a different setting. it was definitely designed to switch between the two from the start.
I'm going to guess either TankTank is a secret or TankTank can be used with the same tech on the fly.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

https://i.imgur.com/7ObT2OL.gifv
I made this a while back to replace the low-rear end framerate one GIS kept giving me every time I wanted to use a rider kick as a reference for something. No bearing on the current conversation.
E: Yes, it's from the TV-Nihon version, but in my defense I had no idea Nihon were assholes until someone on the Warframe discord told me like an hour ago.
How good is Kabuto? It has some of my favorite designs along with Faiz. I heard people say Faiz is shaky but I don't know what people think about Kabuto.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

I can't think of an episode of Build I didn't enjoy. It's very good.
I didn't enjoy the aftermath of the first Hazard Trigger, but it was good toku though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

So Build 28: That was a solid ep, the double-betrayal kinda works now. Lotsa fun with the 3 stooges interacting in general. 29 and beyond look like poo poo is going to get real and also alien?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Do note that it's April the 1st in Japan (And Europe where I live) already but:
https://imgur.com/a/uIMUI

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The ~rhumorsphere~ atm thinks its some kinda of special event thing; not the next Rider.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

That episode of build Ruled, And that was a cool AF insert song.
Also good job on the OT translations for Dorkazumi. :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Not having watched the episode I´m just curious why this is the preview image for OverTime. :stare:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The only crossdressing/bodyswap episode I remember not being poo poo was in Gokaiger.
Cause the bodyswapping between Luka and Doc was just the setup for mostly humor that was about their personalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Build is still really good, and they have enough plotpoints setup to facilitate a great ending. I'm not too worried.
:ssj: Cross-Z Magma :ssj: