Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I feel like a snob for pointing this out, but it's Over-Time, with a hyphen. Like Spider-Man! :goonsay:

Also thanks for not putting any Akibaranger gifs, the expensively cheap one was really depressing to look at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Burkion posted:

It's why I'm so disappointed that they took Dyna to TVN because I'm worried TVN is going to infect the scripts with their bullshit.

The person who runs XIG is TVN's translator for Ex-Aid and Timeranger :v:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

mikeycp posted:

i was tickled that the ultimate form's game was a dynasty warrior

it isn't dammit

excite...! :argh:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've only ever heard about Kamen Rider doing it, and Sentai doesn't have the "be sure to watch us again" bumper like KR does.

Sentai has them, it's just that we never encode them in our raws because the encoder and the editor for sentai hate them :v:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfPmIEKlu8

I like that he did it in character. :swoon:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

48600 yen (440USD~) just for the belt. So expensively cheap!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is Vortex on actual Build magazine/promo materials? It bothers me since, as far as I can hear, there's no 'cks' on the end of the call-out. It sounds like boruteku - Voltic/Voltech, not borutekkusu - Vortex. They could be intentionally leaving the last part out to make it easier/shorter to say, but that is annoying.

From Build's Detail of Heroes magazine

p.s stardrago :argh:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Yeah it's basically the same thing with blood stalk, idkwtf either

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/lespros_tetsuya/status/919560727056150528

:love:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

The worst example of these is one that hasn't even appeared in the series yet. クローズ, people originally thought it was "Close", but since he's dragon-themed, the fan romanization became "Claws". And then it was revealed to be...Cross-Z, which is basically nonsense.

Nah, Vortex and Stalk are worse. At least with Cross-Z I can just pretend the Z is silent :v:

or that it's just Crossz, yknow like Greeed

Ignis fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 2, 2017

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

coconono posted:

Watching Kamen Rider Kabuto and this is definitive early Hesei toku.

You... you're not pretty far into Kabuto I take it...?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

this is honestly a good question.

I might even say Christmas episode since that's where the show starts to turn hard; seeing that lets you know that it isn't just as 'shallow' as it might look in the first few episodes, but it does spoil a major plot point too.

The Christmas episode might be a terrible choice, because it exposes people to the cringe of Poppy singing juxtaposed with the final event of the episode.

My choice would be the first episode of the Kamen Rider Snipe specials. Short, sweet, and just about right with the combination of silly and serious imo.

E: also (spoilers ep 12 ex-aid) a major reason why I think Kiriya's death works is because, at that point, you're invested enough on his character, or at least you can appreciate how important he is to Emu as a guiding figure. Stripping the Christmas episode of its context would lessen that impact a great deal. Plus, you'd miss out on Kuroto's onscreen transformation from reserved ally to cackling madman

Ignis fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 7, 2017

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uGFN904D_A

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeaaaaah, after three really interesting backstory episodes, the fourth was kind of totally pointless, merely seeing what we already knew but slightly from Taiga's perspective. It added nothing, and Taiga's monologue says nothing we didn't already know from the series itself. The Snipe/Genm fight from the first episode fits nowhere and makes no sense, plus it is completely unexplained.

That said, the epilogue which clearly happens after the series ended since they managed to get Maki back to life, with him reassuring Taiga that what he did wasn't wrong, was nice and a deserved ending for someone who went through so much poo poo.

uhhh I'm pretty sure that while it does take place after the series ended, the Maki in it is a dream or apparition or hallucination or what have you. They showed us that the old man was no hallucination by showing him walking towards Taiga, whereas Maki just pops into the scene. Also both times he shows up, his voice reverberates just like the other two girls Taiga dreamed about. So basically the last sequence is a dream where he envisions Maki cheering up on him.

My money's on it taking place sometime during Ex-Aid Another Story, so I'd expect Bang Bang Tank to be explained there. Maybe.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

All the eps where Haruto had a semblance of a personality were hers, yes. She also wrote the Wizard summer movie and the Wizard portion of Movie Wars Sengoku.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Hella late, but some pages ago people asked for a site compiling popular locations in toku. It's not totally comprehensive (their toku list is somewhat lacking) but http://loca.ash.jp (in jp obv) has a list of locations complete with GPS coordinates for a bunch of older shows.

Here's for example The Stadium.

http://loca.ash.jp/cgi/search_round.cgi?lat=35.663983&lng=139.525789&img=pic

they even offer a map view (ロケ地マップ all the way to the bottom)

e: Faiz locations http://loca.ash.jp/show/2003/s2003_555.htm

Ignis fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 5, 2018

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

things are out, fyi, particularly the one y'all are talking about

Don't forget about Build though, this week in particular had some great scenes. Atsuhiro Inukai is pretty good guys :discourse:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nickelodeon/status/963179426598064129

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

^^^ the original krdl owner wasn't near as selfless as you're making him sound. He originally wanted to have the site pay itself by offering premium accounts and earn some good cash, but he couldn't quite nail the monetization right. Looks like the new krdl owner's got a better mind for business :v:

coconono posted:

Already have. Today was Albania’s day.

Supposedly Japanese Netflix has toku with English subs(sentai mostly) but their stuff is smart enough to recognize vpn traffic.

fwiw none of our staff members have gotten c&d's from this specific stuff (that I know of???), and most of them live in the US of A including the translator. Take that as you will~

Also Netflix JP does have toku, but it's not subtitled in english.

Ignis fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 26, 2018

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Suda recently hit the top 50 on Spotify Japan, so proud of our Gaia librarian.

Speaking of which, was Gintama any good? I saw part of it on a plane and it seemed funny but I haven't read/seen any of the original.

It's pretty good. It's also out on DVD/Bluray and iTunes. I'm a bit wary of the official subs thanks to their sloppy trailer (they mispelt the director's name blatantly wrong, and that's somehow the tip of the iceberg), but at least it can't be worse than the HK subs that were circulating earlier!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Let goons be my witness that I fought tooth and nail against uncrushed, but it was a compromise so it would fit with cross-z's stuff

Also that I want to ensure go-on 10ya is subbed as promptly as humanly possible

Also our lupat is out. Things will be a bit off track from the next few weeks for us, sorry about that :(

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Where are people watching Build? I went through the Over-Time feed but a few episodes are missing their torrent links.

all of our build eps should be up at nyaa.si

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Yeah I also think Utsumi's conversation with Sento back when he presumably died was genuine, and spoke of how much he regretted ending that way. In the end and like Caphi said, Nanba's got an iron grip on his children.

e: sorry :smith: it was several months ago so figured it was fair game

Ignis fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 27, 2018

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's a parody of TV-Nihon for April Fool's Day.

I was going more for indo and latino sub groups, actually :v:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Warren Statesman just got arrested for molesting ladies

(yes, plural, the tokunet article doesn't mention it, but he molested more than one lady besides the one he injured according to asahi)

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Who wouldn't want their own Tetsuya Iwanaga action figure, anyways

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Maybe Ace wanted to enjoy a life as an ultra bachelor forevermore, ever think about that

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I also like Haruto (to be precise, Movie Haruto) better than Gentaro, but Gentaro isn't really that bad tbh, and this is from someone who hates Fourze

Haruto is also imo better than Takeru, but that might be my Ghost PTSD flaring up :v:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

It's a zyuoh battery because the thing resembles an everyday battery, plus the pattern could simulate the eyes and teeth of a dinosaur. If we're gonna nitpick, the cube and the Shinkenger references don't look like 1:1 references either, but it's clear enough what they stand for.

When in doubt, just assume Rangerboard posters are dumb :colbert:

Ignis fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 4, 2018

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

M.Matsuda posted:

it's more that the way i stream this for people requires a web page to link to in it's own browser more than the :filez: of it (i've tried tab sharing and it will not play the sound at all. it will however apparently download mp4's and play them as i discovered with Kuuga much to my complete confusion).

rabb.it? It's a bit of a workaround, but you can always upload mp4s to openload/mega/gdrive, it should give you a streamable link in return.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Do keep in mind that the video quality at least on Gdrive will be absolute garbage :shepface: I've done this as a last resort. It'll play through rabb.it, but it'll look like rear end.

Really? I've done streams with a friend on gdrive and it looked fine to us. (Well, "fine" is about the same as kissasian, it's still a stream :v: )

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Man I really gotta work on making that download page clearer

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

It's a scrub (ie: they took TVN's translation and cleaned it up, or in this case iirc they took some other dude's cleanup of TVN's translation and cleaned it further, presumably on a different raw set)

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

coconono posted:

Anime maybe?

There's a Banpresto copyright on the bottom left, so I'd bet it's a toy, possibly from their DXF Ex-Aid line

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

New Jinga TV series coming this year

Betcha they're gonna bundle the movie with the TV series bluray boxes instead, at this rate :smith:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Third, actually. There was a movie earlier this year, and a prequel stage show back in November 2017. The character is a fan favorite.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Dude really, use names. I can't tell if you're saying the Kiba movie or Red Requiem is bad

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

efb thanks tablet app for not refreshing

Ignis fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 29, 2018

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

I wonder if this will lead to Tsuburaya locking out anyone from doing this sort of thing in the future with their videos on YouTube, they can't be too happy that someone is creating content based on their content; not that this would deter Crunchyroll from carrying the series. Don't know why they're not simulcasting R/B unless they think they're too saturated with Ultra series at the moment.

Crowdsourced subtitles have to be enabled in a video manually, they're not the default option when you upload a video to YouTube, plus they also have to be approved by the video uploader. I would love to think that it was done as a red-tape cutting measure (have possible vendors upload their subs directly to YouTube without having to email the intern who handles the channel), but that's prolly not the case. It's kinda slimy from tsub given they're perfectly capable of paying money for translations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I think we might get our first heroine secondary rider within the next ten years

I don't think we're likely to get our first main rider lady until we've got kids in college who watch the show the same way we do