Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Don’t get too excited, this is Mill Creek we’re talking about. Don’t expect a lot of bells and whistles. I’m fully expecting just subs, probably ones that Tsuburaya have already done. Either way, it’s awesome to see more Toku easily accessed for Americans. Hoping to see Rider get a release next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Pretty sure Hasbro and Shout already have a working relationship. They do the DVDs for MLP and Transformers. It’s got to be the Japanese side.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Junpei posted:

This actually gives me a good opportunity to give a theory I had ever since I heard Hasbro bought Power Rangers:

Hear me out.

Transformers/Power Rangers crossover.

So the big rumor is that Hasbro wants to make a Cinematic Universe with Bumblebee being a soft reboot for Transformers. There’s supposed to be a new GI Joe Snake Eyes movie coming next year and another Power Rangers reboot with time travel rumored to be involved. Throw in MASK and Micronauts and other 80s toys nobody cares about. Hopefully we’ll see Transformers Vs Power Rangers: Rise if the Visionaries in theaters in 10 years.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I wonder if Hasbro picked up the rights to Mystic Knights along with Power Rangers. Would be cool to have them pop up in the comics retconned as an ancient team of Rangers.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Junpei posted:

Anything Goes and Switch On are personal favorites of mine.

Those two have found their way into my regular Spotify playlist, along with Gaim’s theme. I should watch Gaim again.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I love Kiramagers end theme for this gif alone.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I’m guessing this all comes down to a money thing. I assume Hasbro has to pay a fee to use the sentai footage to adapt. So it might be more profitable to have a completely original production.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Junpei posted:

I always wondered-so I read somewhere that in Japan, the Sentai toys that sell are the roleplay gear-weapons and changers and the like-while in America, Power Rangers toys that sell are action figures and Zords.

I wonder what causes that shift in toy sales from one area to another?

If I had to guess from my own experience being a young Ranger fan, parents don’t want to buy their kids big plastic swords to beat their little brothers with. Always wanted that Power Canon set but never got it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

https://twitter.com/d3rachi/status/1471151495605276678?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Junpei posted:

And here I could have sworn that going from Nick to Netflix meant that they were doing away with the two season thing?

They might pull off the Netflix version of 2 seasons and have half a batch of episodes air in the spring and the other have air in the fall. It’s hard to tell exactly what they’ll do now. Being on Netflix does give them a certain level of creative freedom, but will they take advantage or are they satisfied with how the product is going? I will say that I have enjoyed Dino Fury so far, mainly due to a very likable cast and some inter connectivity in the story. They’ve done it better in the past, but they’re certainly trying this season.