Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

PMush Perfect posted:

Toku Thread 4: OP Discussion ITT

Speaking of, TMS is doing Kamen Rider X, albeit slowly. They're up to 22: https://tms-subs.tumblr.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Eh, for my money Kamen Rider 1 (from the movie that was out more recently.) or Super-1 are my favorite designs, I like 'em simple and sweet. Skull was my absolute favorite modern design though. Fourze needed a little warming up to, and I don't care what anyone says, Ex-aid was a eye-sore. The show itself was excellent, but the suits just don't do it for me.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cernunnos posted:

Dangerous Zombie is a pretty good clean-looking suit.

Dangerous Zombie obviously excepted from my previous complaints. Favorite suit from this last series, by a MILE. I love all the little details on it and it's just a great looking suit.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

PMush Perfect posted:

My favorite is the cracked HP display.

For me it's a toss up between the HP display and the cracked visor.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

so what's the deal with rider atsumi

Neko atsume but with Kamen Riders instead.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Episode after he slaughtered a ton of folks including Kanou, who was one of my favorites

If this is the point where he starts to become bearable idk if the half season beforehand was worth it

He never becomes likable, redeemed or anything but a monster and I'm glad he and Iyu both died horribly. S2 of Amazons was... not great. It did whiz a lot of the goodwill that S1 generated for me.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I couldn't sleep last night so I wrapped it up. I agree. Show didn't even let me watch Alpha/Omega finish the job. Shame

On a more positive note though, Build is looking like it will be a lot of fun.

Agreed, Build has me invested already, hopefully it'll keep the momentum going.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Motto posted:

@ooctoku is the best thing I've seen all week
https://twitter.com/ApolloGeese/status/827216219828809728

Zubaat is the best and everyone should watch it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
This week's Build continues to knock it out of the park. I'm really digging this series so far.

Build is a great protagonist, pure and noble like we haven't ever seen in a Kamen Rider for a while now. Banjou continues to be excellent and his rider journey is going to be grand. And the villains are pure unadulterated evil, just doing it because they're dicks, not because their mom died or sister is sick or because they love the city or whatever. It's the best modern Kamen Rider, and if this is the ultra-neo-heisei way, then I'm all for it.

Best suit in a while too, glad it hasn't whizzed it down its leg yet. There were definite signs by this time in both Ghost and that one that lovely Wizard season.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

You're gonna get stuffed in the nerd locker.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Ducktales: The Sentai.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

coconono posted:

I might pick it up again later but not right now. Currently in the mood for moody cute boys in high stakes violent fights.

I'm really digging Agito. Kamen Rider in three different flavors! yeah!

Then Gaim is actually up your alley, give that a shot after Agito!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

coconono posted:

I loved everything about the new Power Ranger movie and felt it hit everything I ever wanted out of a US reimagining of Toku. Which is actually pretty hard because Toku really relies on how "baked in" it is to japanese culture. Strip all that out and what's left is Henshin, Kaiju and Shouted Super Attacks.

get the gently caress out.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
most riders have a transformation gadget storage on their hips, they can only carry two or three at a time, but they're there.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Unless they're too manly like most of the showa riders and don't need no fancy form switches to beat some rear end.

I'm sure that Hongo would find some way to take it away from them and beat them to death with it anyway.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

PMush Perfect posted:

I still can't believe they had the balls to do that in the same episode.

Kinda makes you wonder what they've got in store for this year, doesn't it?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Stallion Cabana posted:

WARNING WARNING

HE'S RED HOT

DANGER DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I never said it was a Toku discord :v: I've inflicted Kamen Rider upon several people in the Warframe discord and basically taken over one of the rooms in it.

Dude, it's marked 'tokusatsu' it's a toku discord!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Kamen Rider V3 was officially shown in Hawaii.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
The Trinity of poo poo riders is complete: wizard ghost and zi-o, which do you hate the most?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Justin_Brett posted:

Did Sougo accidentally put you in a timeline where his show is bad?

It sure as hell ain't good. I don't think I've ever seen a more boring rider.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Waffleman_ posted:

Are you forgetting the man who had an entire running gag where he would order boring plain donuts?

I have been trying since it aired, yes.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I feel like some of you are watching a completely different show than me because Sougo is a pretty compelling protagonist once the writers actually let him breathe. He's a calculating manipulator, charismatic, hilarious when he fucks around with Geiz and Woz, and honestly kind of an rear end in a top hat like his future self. He's so much more interesting and likable than happy-go-lucky boring as hell Rider protagonists like Takeru, Emu, and Kouta. The mirror world bit where he admits to his mirror self that he's a terrible person and gains Zi-O II was actually one of the most unique moments in Heisei Rider.

Sure, he's not as cool and fun to watch as Sento, Gentaro, or Shotaro... but what do you expect? Most Rider protagonists aren't!

Aha, that presumption is why! I dropped the show after about episode 5 or so, where no one had any personality to speak of and picked it up again around where the robot rider showed up. (Who I instantly liked better and would have preferred watching) but it's just not clicking with me at all.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Ghost really wasn't that bad. The characters were all likeable or at the very least bland. They weren't actively irritating like shunpei and gremlin. I think that ghost gets a lot more hate than it deserves because it was sandwiched between two of the best riders in the era and its only sin was being merely OK.

Wizard has no loving excuse.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

GuyUpNorth posted:

Gremlin is one of the few entertaining characters in Wizard next to occasional sass Haruto, Nitou and Phoenix. Everyone else is pretty much bland or so one-dimensional they might as well be cardboard cutouts.

Counterpoint he was an annoying pointless poo poo

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
So do we have any indication of what the next rider is gonna be? I'm putting money on sneaker/ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Yes absolutely.