Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blaze Dragon posted:

-Zyuohger: Eagle is locked to Yamato but it's weird as a power-up, it's kind of treated like just another Ranger form despite being way stronger at times. Still, another Red-only, and he gets an even better version for the finale.

Eagle is his base form. I don;t know if you meant ether Gorilla or Whale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So no more Super Hero Taisent movies :shrug:

they were usually pretty under whelming and tended not to actually focus on the current series anyway.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/12/shinichiro-shirakura-announces-discontinuation-super-hero-taisen-films/

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

So This was brought up on Rangerboard but the Battery treasure is not anywhere similar to a Zyudenchi. The closest thing I could find that it might be is a Hyper Storage Crystal used in OhRanger's Ole Bazooka.

edit: best image of the HSC I can find actually came from Gokaiger

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 4, 2018

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Ignis posted:

The cube and the Shinkenger references don't look like 1:1 references, either.

No but they look a whole hell of a lot closer then that does to a zyudenchi.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
JETMAN IS GETTING A SHOUT SET:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzmhREXZRCM

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Larryb posted:

(unless they've confirmed a release date for that set already)

they did. July 31

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-Sentai-Timeranger-Complete/dp/B07BXZTSNG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526337154&sr=8-1&keywords=timeranger

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm so

EXCITE
EXCITE

I love this performance of it featuring the cast and the KRG.

same just so much energy from everyone

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
do they even pretend anymore that Ryotaro is Den-O? or do they finally just say it's Momotaro in the suit.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blaze Dragon posted:

She transforms roughly as often as Decade's Kuuga, you can't blame me.

I pretty sure her rider form saw 3 times as much use as DKuuga

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blaze Dragon posted:

-Den-O: Momotaros may sense a rivalry being both time-travelling Riders. That said, Sougo is not too far from Ryotaro personality-wise, so he may like him too.

Nah Den-o will be saved for the movie and feature Zi-o for all of 5 mins :v:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

coconono posted:

Here's the world's biggest Kamen Rider nerd shilling the new nintendo switch game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NqcFJTVrsA

I was excited when they announced the new game but I wasn't a fan of Climax Fighter (never really got around to finishing it.... or battride 2 and Genesis as well come to think of it even though I love the Musou games)

This looks like much of the same so I'm probably going to pass on it.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Zedd posted:

Toy sales are apparently also pretty horrible, but considering the collectible gimmick this year is full-price zords I can't say I'm too shocked.

That was the case though for Zyuohger and ToQger too though.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I prefer the Battride War style of musou clones.

same :(

I want more of those again. or at least an english script I could read of the previous ones.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Waffleman_ posted:

At first, I was confused because "Wait, he's not counted as a Rider" and then I realized it was MAD Rogue and not NIGHT Rogue and I remembered that Mad Rogue existed.

What a waste of a Rider.

why would ether not be counted as a rider?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Waffleman_ posted:

Night Rogue and Blood Stalk aren't technically counted as Kamen Riders since they use a different form of transformation than the Rider System. Same for the Remocon, Engine, and Hell's Bros.

That's... really dumb. If you want to go that route then you would have to disqualify a several of the secondary riders because they used different systems of transformation.

Poppy, Zombie and Cronus all used Buggle drivers which wasn't the rider system of ex-aid and were a weapon first like the guns Rouge and Stalk used. (ride players and Nico I'm on the fence about)

Necrom because he had the Mega Ulorder rather then a Ghost driver like Ghost and Specter

Woz because He isn't using a Ziku Driver

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

None of those examples work because you're applying one shows naming convention to another one where it doesn't exist. In Build specifically you're a rider if they show calls you a rider and the show only calls the people using the Build/Evol/SQUASH drivers riders

The rest are just metal heroes.

when did Build specifically state that?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I feel that just cause they don't call them riders doesn't make them such. Up till Build the only ones with questionable rider status would be the mass produced/mooks like the Ride players or the Kurokage Troops (unless I'm forgetting some one-off or something else)

There is more of an argument to be made of who is counted as Ranger/Sentai like Magna Defender or Wolf Warrior. Mostly by their suits being armor and not spandex. All the suits in any given Rider series tend to be of the same material so to speak and the only argument I am hearing is that "Kamen Rider" is not part of their name.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

drrockso20 posted:

There's similar arguments in the Gundam fandom about whether certain suits are Gundams or not

I could see that.

Blaze Dragon posted:

You're forgetting the Alternatives from Ryuki who are basically Riders in every way except they aren't Riders.

Yeah, had to go look that one up. It's been too long since I watched Ryuki

Monathin posted:

being called a Rider has some actual weight to it though. It would take me forever to get into it but the fact that someone is called a Rider vs Not is actually a big deal, sometimes this is extremely arbitrary and for reasons that are very bad and dumb (see: the Tackle issue), but there's a certain specific sort of statement being a Rider makes about you, even in Heisei.

I did another quick search of all the transformations in the Heisei era and I only found 6 others who have rider-like transformations/rider forms but aren't called riders: 2 villains from the Decade x Den-o movie, Alternatives from Ryuki, V1 from Agito and 2 Faiz Stage Show characters. Everyone else who ever transformed has been called Kamen Rider hero/villain/one-shot so I'm not sure what kind of statement it could be :shrug:

quote:

Also the transformation gimmicks differ as other people pointed out.

As I was typing an argument to that using the same three I exampled earlier (buggle, Ulorder, Woz) I realized that yeah those are basically the same transformation but different device/light show in series where a single belt design is given to more then one character.
BUT... an example of different tranformation but still riders I did think of are V-3 and Gills

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah the fact that officially they're not named kamen rider means they are not kamen riders? Like the argument that they are has even less evidence and ultimately it's a distinction that only bares meaning in specific shows (See Build saying the Steam Gun forms have static hazard levels and cannot grow while the rider system explicitly can.) The only argument that they are is "Well if you ignore the shows descriptions they're kind of the same thing and It soothes my brain demons to have them order such."

I brought it up else where and someone said that Word of God Toei does not classify them as Riders so that is the end of my argument. I am wrong according to an official source and I am fine with that.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blaze Dragon posted:

For reference, the Ryuga Ridewatch also doesn't exist in reality, so there'd be no point in having it here for sales purpouses.

Ummm....

(yes I know it's premium bandai and not a standard release but the point stands)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blaze Dragon posted:

You have no point. I said the Ryuga Ridewatch, which that is most definitely not. There's a difference between a Ridewatch and an Anotherwatch, unless now every Rider is a weird monstrosity, which would be really cool tbh, the Another Rider designs are on point.

Yeah, that one is on me. Misinterpreted

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Twelve by Pies posted:

On a side note, this is the first time we've had a three man team in Sentai history that wasn't Red/Yellow/Blue isn't it?

I wouldn't really say that it's a three man team. We know Green and Black are joining and it probably won't take long since they were already introduced as part of the cast from before it even started airing and they are in the intro. Kind of the same way Go-Onger had three members for all of 1 episode before Green and Black joined.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I am disappointed they haven't brought out the Monster Diend suit from Shinkenger ether as Another Diend or even just to fill fight scenes with all the other Anothers.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
and yet they keep pulling out the loving Mole Imagin anytime time Den-O shows up. (plus they seem to also have all the foot solder costumes too)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Elfgames posted:

beast got to be in the main series

So did Kaixa

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
you just know Decade will be "Passing Through"

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

HIJK posted:

Hello friends just wanted to say the Gaoranger live episode notes will resume in January. I'll type up a summary of all that's happened bc...tbh I can barely remember lol. I think we're closing in on the end and then I'll collate all the suggestions I received and decide which series to subject you people to next.

:moonrio:

I myself am actually finishing up my watch of Gaoranger. Got to disc 6 and just stopped for a while.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So if I already have the 2009 Mill Creek DVDs of Ultraman and Shout's UltraSeven, is there anyreasion to get the newer releases aside from "HD"?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Gripweed posted:

If you're planning on getting Ultra Q or later Showa Ultramans, and you want your collection to look nice on your shelf.

The case aesthetics don’t really bother me

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Gripweed posted:

It's gonna bug me when I start getting the Heisei Ultramans. How am I supposed to know what order they go in?!

wiki it?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Caphi posted:

I don't know what Gai Amatsu wants and I'm not sure the writers do either.

I know it was discussed earlier but I also apparently forgot to check into the thread for 500+ posts but...

it bothers me like it has with other people where in the first contest of the takeover stuff he gets super pissed at the florist screwing with the humagear's work but then with the house selling the human straight up assaults Smile during a pitch and Gai does nothing. Then Gai putting the belt on the lawyer was making me just go "What the gently caress happened to this being fair like it was at the start?" followed by screwing with the Driver. It felt like I missed something in the middle

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Caphi posted:

He wants to prove that Humagears are a) bad (or at least worse than ZAIASpecs) b) prone to KILL ALL HUMANS at any time,

I mean, yeah that's why the takeover was happening to begin with and seemed to want to be fair initially but the sudden 180 on that after the florist is just baffling. Like maybe if he tried to tell the florist some poo poo about don't get caught being a bastard it would be a little more believable as a descent in "I'm evilz lol"

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Alright, I upgrade to the Blu-rays for Ultraman and UltraSeven and even picked up Ultra Q while I was at it. Interesting that nothing with the UltraSeven set even mentions the missing Ep 12. the guide book just jumps from 11 to 13. Not even a footnote. Even the shout set addressed it.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Welp, I finally have watch all the post Zyu DVD sets, finally time to backtrack and watch Jetman. Once I finish that I will switch gears to the Ultraman sets I've gotten the past couple months.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

"So I feel like even though some of the fans would like to have the physical [copies] right now, that they’ll be extremely happy."

I would much rather have physical as it's easier to split viewings in to chunks (by disc) and after I buy I don;t have to worry about rights and licenses expiring taking away my ability to view it.

EDIT: Plus I don;t have to view it on a schedule or with ads like Leo will be on Pluto

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Been finally getting around to watching Jetman. One thing I have noticed that I alos noticed sometimes in Zyu/MMPR:

Oh no the monster has grown giant! Let's have everyone but Red run back and forth in the background while the mechs are being summoned.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Since everyone else seems to be all watching different sentai, I just finished Jetman. Holy hell the body count in this sentai. Were other post Jet deaths this high and I just haven't noticed? Or did they make it a lot more subtle and less showing people disintegrating, absorbed, turned to foam, etc?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

could we not post Japanese tweets with out at least an effort to gave a translation or summation?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Justin_Brett posted:

It's not really spoilers but alright: a ways after the Sixth Ranger shows up he gets a power-up only he uses that is clearly meant to be a toy for the Patrangers, and iirc the toy version even goes "SUPER PATRANGER!!", but the Red for that team only briefly uses it once, because marketing noticed toys for the Lupins were selling more. There's also a robot add-on that was a Fire Truck which would obviously be meant for the Patranger's robot, but Lupinred ends up with it and they outright never use it.

even funnier is that the sixth keeps using it in his Lupin form. Doesn't even bother using the Pat form for it. To add insult to injury, he use the super Lupin form in his Pat form in the very last episode.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Burkion posted:

I will never not hide my scorn for Jetman. I love it when anyone loves any show, and I never want to take that from them or make them reconsider, but gently caress Jetman.

Honestly, Jetman was one of my more liked binges, despite all the on screen death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
so I have been behind on 01 cause the ZAIA takeover stuff has really put me off. E27 "I'll give you the win cause of my employee's mistake" YOU CORRUPTED THE FIREFIGHTER IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EMERGENCY YOU MISERABLE PILE OF EVOL DROPPINGS. It's bad enough he went from fair fight to lol evilz over a single episode but now were not even being consistent with his character.