Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

In one episode Sento has amused me more times than Takeru ever managed to, so at this point Build would need to never amuse me again for it to be anywhere near as bad as Ghost.

I've got two big things I look for in a Toku Series, either a good story or, failing that, anything amusing. This is the main reason I prefer Wizard clearly over Ghost, neither one had an interesting plot but at least Wizard got me laughing more often, even if a lot of that was the cinematographer and/or editor going insane. While I may have hated whenever they would have Haruto angst over whatever bullshit at least I felt something toward him. Ghost may have had Alain, but he had like five episodes of focus before he completed his character arc and never did anything interesting again.

Build looks interesting story wise so far, but there was some serious exposition dumping going on especially at the start of the episode. I'm slightly worried that this is going to be a little too crammed with story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Caphi posted:

Better a series be crammed with story than be Ghost.

Which is why I'm only slightly worried.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

So I gots me a story about TVNihon. Back when my friends and I were starting to watch Kamen Rider I would read the old thread and while the arguments about why TVN is bad were convincing I didn't vicerally feel how bad TVN was.

Well we were watching one of the early episodes of W and after the episode ended some clown at TVN decided as a little omake thing to take a scene where Wakana is coming out from under the dining room table not far from her father (she went in to grab a cat) and they re subbed it to have her dad say "It ain't gonna suck itself." The next five minutes were us loving livid about TVN being disgusting assholes.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Wait, really?

Yuuup. I kinda wish I could remember the name of the site we were watching it on, but it might not even exist anymore. Might have been watch drama online or it might have been a facebook group thing which stopped being reliable about getting out episodes around the end of Ghost. I do know that when I watched through W on Kissasian like a month ago the episode no longer had that omake, but it is using the TVN subs.

Akett fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Sep 5, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Coq au Nandos posted:

Coming off Ex-Aid my only gripe with Build is I feel like they've left Banjo waiting to henshin a bit long. The actual reveal is going to need to be massive to live up to how long they've been teasing it.

On the one hand there have been Kamen Rider series where it took until the mid teen episodes or later to get a second rider, Drive, W, Wizard, OOO, and Den-O come to mind off the top of my head. On the other hand those don't usually have those secondary riders hang around as part of the cast before their first transformation, so yeah, this does kinda feel weird.

I am a little confused about how Banjo is only hazard level 2.5 and growing when it takes a level of 3.0 to retain human form during gas exposure.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I think you guys are talking about two entirely different comics, one is about a girl with superpowers grappling with the morality of power and something something Clevin? and the other is a joke thing where a bunch of ladies in string bikinis go around constantly in the boobs and butt pose firing guns to parody people who think it's feminist to do that.

Akett fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Nov 10, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

coconono posted:

This was shown to kids y'all.

And I hear kids loving loved it, and Tendou in particular. I hear there was a whole thing where parents were angry about Tendou being an rear end in a top hat and wanted Kabuto to have better messages to the kids, so Mizushima had a whole thing where he was supposed to apologize, but he was in character and he was just like "Nah, I'm not going to apologize for being true to myself" and the kids ate it up.

But then I heard this from a friend and I don't know what his source was, so take that with a grain of salt.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

They kind of gave it away at the end of the last episode when Sento was hearing the identity the camera moved to the coffee beans.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I love how dynamic Build is shaping up to be. Things are constantly in motion, but it knows when to go slow and when to go fast and it's great to see how much it's setting up things for the future.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That's really cool! The last non-Japanese I can think of was I guess the company owner guy in Ghost who didn't do anything, but the last black guy I can remember was the lazy Phantom in early Wizard which was not exactly the best for representation. Here's hoping he's a good character.

The actor for Cait Sith in Wizard came back in Drive as a cowboy Roidmude.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I've seen the first five episodes and the movie, Juukou B-Fighter is quite earnest and goofy and at least in the first three the villains fight the heroes with the power of hilarious editing.

Juukou isn't fully subbed, only up to episode 19 and MegaBeast Empire's site where you can download the episodes is currently down. Kabuto isn't subbed at all yet.

Akett fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 4, 2020

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Did you not notice that Saber has a long coat looking cloth on his red hip?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Ghost actually kept me watching because of early antagonist Makoto and then Alain just being great and the promise that it might get better. I still remember looking forward to where the series seemed to be going when they come back from the Ganma world for the first time and Takeru was shaking Alain and shouting angrily "You call this a utopia?!" I legitimately thought Takeru was going to start to properly fight against the Ganma world's government out of a sense of duty and morality to free the populace- oh, next episode he's afraid of the Ganma world and he's gonna get the dragonballs together to wish the gate closed. Then when Alain's dad was killed Takeru went on a furious charge against the Ganmaizers and the choreography was temporarily good, selling his rage with wild heavy attacks and throws, but next episode it went back to normal fighting and the series never showed promise again.

Saber is boring. I didn't intend to stop watching it, I just downloaded an episode one week and never got around to watching it. There's no potential, there's no good characters, hell none of the actors are even particularly stand out good looking compared to a typical Rider series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

That's some good taste in Kamen Riders.