Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Needs a recc for Ex Aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Just made it even more explicit because seriously, gently caress TVN.
Even better. gently caress TVN.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

I'm mildly sad no one has noticed what I did with Gaim

Ha i get it.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Craptacular! posted:

This reminds me of when YuGiOh GX had to hit the abort button on an arc because an actress decided to join a sex cult.

:psyduck: what the christ?

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

By the by when I talk about how important UltraSeven is and how beloved UltraSeven is

Don't ever doubt me on that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHeOtSqZZqo

Ever

my life is now richer for having watched this. :allears:
Thank you Sincerely

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Well after multiple weeks and a new thread starting it's time to return to watching Nexus, at last.
and Nagi continues being Very willing to shoot first. :munch:
Edit: isn't this basically the plot of tremors?. Monster dragging people underground and killing them?
Edit: IS THAT A SECOND ULTRA?!
Edit: and suddenly Himeya was a persona protagonist because he's getting attacked hy something calling it'self his shadow :munch:
Edit: annd apparently Nexus can change sizes. Good to know
Edit: Oh Good we're in the Shadow relm now. Sadly this is not a card game anime being dubbed by 4kids
Edit: oh boy Ep 8's title is Memory Police. Time to brace for heartbreak
Edit: annd yup :smith:
Edit: truely horrifying reality, -oh jesus :stare:
Edit: huh he's only known Riko six months. It looks like -okay that's a good reason to not have met her family yet
Edit: and then Komon's nice date was interrupted by work. but first more cute scenes with Komon and Riko. i have Such a bad feeling
Edit: WHAT DID ULTRAMAN DO TO YOU PEOPLE
Edit: don't really have much to say about ep 10 other than that i'm digging it so far, and oh boy something went Down with Riko
Edit: Oh Komon you poor naive dumbass :smith:
Edit: WHAT THE gently caress (beginning of episode 11)
Edit: Oh poo poo i think i hit the Backwards scene :allears:
Edit: Oh god, oh god. :suspense:
Edit: WHAT THE gently caress :suspense:
Edit: WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress :stonk:
Edit: Oh No :gonk:
Edit: Poor Poor Komon :smith:
Edit: -okay i'm a dumbass the gently caress did Shinya Do. (Episode 12)
Edit: NEXUS NO NOT MORE SAD TIMES, BUT NOW WITH CHILDREN :stonk: I JUST GOT THROUGH THE KOMON PAIN HOUR

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 9, 2017

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

More EX Aid reactions. Oh goody :allears:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Welcome to Ex-Aid :getin:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

coconono posted:

I think the Kamen Rider Ex Aid christmas special gave me an LSD flashback. That fight scene was intensely weird.

E: oh poo poo, that got real dark. Noooo Kiriya.

Welcome to ExAid

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

So over the last couple of days i ended up breaking down and watching OOO's over stream. so far i'm having a good time going from ep 1-26 over the course of two days.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

So i finished OOO's today. i really really liked it. it kind of dragged in the middle, but once Uva came back it got really good. and the final stretch of episodes were Really Really good. ANKHHHHH :qq: :sadwave:
we also began watching Fourze. thoughts so far (we're on ep 8). Gentaro is the best. and i miss cake boss. And fourze is a radder suit than i remembered.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

everybody in Fourze got cartoonier, but what killed Yuki was the episode where they revealed she's actually really dumb, and is in danger of failing Space Class.

-isn't..space her. Entire Thing. and isn't she shown reading a whole bunch of books on space, and going to the space museum. (next ep up is 11) How is That possible?. i believe you but but what?

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Update on Fourze. we just finished ep 16. and i have a question. when do we watch the movies. cause the special version of the opening sold us with the cool things, and Eiji and Ankh.
also Meteor just showed up and he is So goddamn cool so far. that suit. the planet based powers :swoon: and Pen's made one apperance and it's the raddest switch so far. :swoon:
Gentaro continues being great. Kengo's moment of bonding with the entire group after they finally get back was really good. and i dug the hell out of Gentaro's plan A being. to launch himself there and take Kengo the long way back :allears: of the rest of the main cast. Miu's been pretty good. Tomoko remains really good. Kengo's grown on me. Shun's focus ep was really good. and i like that he gets to pilot the giant robot. Yuuki, -someone here said you can tell which writer didn't know what to do with her. and yeah. yeah i can kind of tell. and on JK. :shrug:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Motto posted:

If meteor's there, then megamax already happened. Rule of thumb is to watch the movies (when available) when the OP starts advertising it.

DANGIT. i'd been trying to avoid watching an ep too early like i did with Dr.Pacman. but thank you. the plan is to watch tommorow anyways. -i'm also glad to hear the movie is a good time.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

So having watched Megamix. That was so good. :swoon: i'm sad about Nadeshiko,cause her stuff with Gentaro was Super cute, along with her rider form. the bit where Gentaro transformed in front of his friends with them doing the countdown AND the catch phrase was SO RAD. the OOO's epilogue was really good. and i've missed Eiji's relative sanity. also cake boss. The legendary Seven :swoon: AND TAJADOR :swoon: and fighting while your show's opening plays never gets old
Edit: Also ANKH :swoon:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 25, 2018

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Minor spoiler; Nadeshiko will return

I am so happy to read that :swoon:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Fourze status: Wow No one could write Yuuki. (I’m currently Watching ep 30). And I’m longing for the consistency of Ooo’s, and dreading watching Drive, and ultraman if this guy is the secondary writer for Drive. And has worked on a lot of Ultraman series.
and Ryuusei’s plot has gone for Way too long

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Update on Fourze: Ryuusei's had his revenge plot over for one half of a two parter and he's already a way better character. and someone finally out annoyed me on Yuuki. (episode 34 is what we're on now)

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

no go on Quiznos posted:

Drive has a bad habit of writing characters one way then changing their personalities later on. See: Gou, Kiriko (it took her a bit longer though), Medic, Brain, even Shinnosuke got hit a little bit.

-that does not fill me with confidence on watching drive. at all

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

RealFoxy posted:

Yuuki's actress joined the Japanese equivalent to Scientology irl if that makes you feel any better.

You might like Gaim as your next series, since it's very character driven. It gets really iffy towards the end, and the last episode is wrote like bad fan-fiction but it has a pretty strong supporting cast!

Yeah. I learned about that from SA. It, kind of explains a lot. -and makes her mention of a Rocket god next ep Real ackward. we hit Aquarius, aka the Yuuki is really dumb one [\spoiler]
And i am planning to do Gaim next, as what i read of Wizard’s villians did not impress me. [spoiler] dude who gets kicked into the sun is not enough. I assume i can see that scene on youtube anyways
Gaim was my Introduction to attempting to watch kamen rider in fact. it’s villians are better than Fourze’s right? Cause i’m Longing for the Greed and Dr Maki

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

The personality changes aren't really all that severe and over the course of the series, it's not really all that noticeable. IMO. Most of those characters also change from actual character development and plot occurrences too.

You had a better start than I did. I started with Wizard. It's literally Wasted Potential: The Series. It's not terrible. Just dull and that's probably more damning than anything else.

Drive is good and has a great Tertiary Rider. Ghost is bad. Build is currently good and it gives me Gaim vibes.

i am glad to know all of these things. -not that your start was wizard though. ooph. and yeaaah, dull things tend to make me bounce off. also being Really Really depressing i'll try to get to Ultraman nexus again someday :qq: . and Ghost is absolutely being skipped. i can't even get into its opening. EX AID i've seen and intend to stream because i really liked it. Build will is on a -i need to know if it sticks the landing basis, because it worked out for EX AID really well.

and on the movies are there any i should avoid for the shows i plan on watching? Or any i should see? (outside of Dr.Pacman i saw that and had a good time so that's on the seeing list for stream. and we've already watched megamax)

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

So me and my stream friend are about to begin the final episode of Fourze. Man these last few eps ramped it up. honestly Aquarius on have been Really good. Yes i liked Aquarius, though Yuuki was honestly at her Worst that ep. Erin was done pretty well, and the last fight against her was pretty rad

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Post Finale now: that was Really Really good. some rad as hell action and emotion.
Gentaro's friend making knows no bounds :kimchi: We're def skipping Wizard, and going onto Gaim.

my thoughts on Fourze as a whole would be pretty positive, minus some annoyance at Ryuusei's plot being overly long and weighing down the middle and clearly being able to tell that the writers couldn't figure out Yuuki at all.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

So we began Gaim today. so far so good. Oren just showed up, and man that actor is doing a good job selling his shtick so far. -me and my stream friend have judged that gaim is just Yugioh with cool suits. and i do not remember exactly how far i actually got in this show.

Also watched the Fourze X Wizard movie: the Fourze stuff was good, and the stuff with Fourze In it was good. NADESHIKO :swoon: :hellyeah:, TEACHER GENTARO AND THE WORLD'S MOST EXTRA CHASE :allears:, GENTARO LITERALLY STEALING HIS OWN BELT FROM HIMSELF :allears: i also liked seeing detention teacher, and kickboxing teacher again :wave:
the Wizard solo stuff was bad and tedious. -how much like Regular wizard was the movie? because i Would not watch again based on what was there. especially the bit when it was revealed who movie only girl actually was. :nallears: :cripes:
other bad things. the main movie villians. :nallears:
it was really nice seeing Eiji briefly again though :allears: and the bonus rider form cameo's :swoon: And the fact that techincally this was a fight against satan, In hell. :black101:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Motto posted:

Wizard in that movie was better than Wizard the show on the whole imo, so. Though I might have just been wowed by the bit at the start about an AU where Rinko and Shunpei are capable of doing things.

Well that's just :stonk: :magical: they aren't even useful in the actual show. :cripes:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Motto posted:

You know that bit with rinko shooting mooks? To my recollection, that literally never happens in the show.

..i actually really enjoyed that too :cripes: Why do the movies keep being the only places where the cool ladies get to shoot mooks :cripes:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Haruto in the Pac-Man movie is how Haruto should have been in his own goddamn show. His actor is actually really goddamn good at emoting, what the gently caress was the director thinking :negative:
having seen the pac-man movie. i completly agree. :negative: :cripes:
Edit: On Gaim epsidode 12 now and. I see where the SMT references come from here now
Edit: finished ep 12. i know this is a deconstruction and all but MELON ENERGY FORM IS SO RAD :swoon:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 28, 2018

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Update on Gaim, after finishing episode 26: :magical: :tviv: and Kachidoki arms is :swoon: i love it so much.

and Micchy is a Dick

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

And after nearly a week me and the person i'm streaming with return to Gaim. and Boy ep 28 :magical: :suspense: :tviv:

TAKATORA :qq: And Kouta's never gonna know that he was right, that Takatora and him Did come to an understanding :gbsmith:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

having finished ep 39 of Gaim now. and ending for the night. Kiwami arms is pretty rad. but Kachidoki arms is radder. and having played at Least Devil surivivor i'm having flashbacks to that. next episode looks to be pretty intense. looking forward to that.
i don't really have much to say on Gaim outside of Things keep happening,and i still think i like OOO's and Fourze over it. i'll have to see how EX AID holds up on a rewatch, and how drive holds up at all. also MICCHY :argh:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

kachidoki likely had too many hanging parts, so the costume couldn't possibly hold up to extended use. it's not a coincidence that kiwami is a very simple design by comparison.

Ah it's like what i read about happening in Kiva. a shame but at least i like Kiwami (outside of it's unfortunate helmet) :shrug:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 5, 2018

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Well having Just finished Gaim episode 46. and The episode that DID NOT HAPPEN. :fuckoff:
Gaim was a mixed bag. and i swear there was a stretch that was Infuriating to watch due to everyone getting foiled from just TALKING to one another :argh:. 40-46 were pretty good though.
that entire fight in the city was so goddamn cool :hellyeah: :swoon: and the epilogue in 46 was bittersweet as hell but i liked it. :shrug: *of the things from the ep that DID NOT HAPPEN i liked was Takatora and Akira having dessert at Charment. that was neat, as was Micchy and Kouta fighting together one last time* i also like that Kouta's god form has the Kiwami armor on, sans the fruit parts. :allears:
no idea if we'll watch Drive or EX AID next. Drive has a bunch of stuff that annoys me, especially further in, like Riku Sanjo who wrote Yuuki really really poorly in Fourze, but a rad opening, a rider with cool powers, the time slow down stuff, and i'd liked the first couple of episodes well enough. and goons seem to like it. :shrug: but on the other hand, i'm not really in the mood to watch a cop show that's not brooklyn nine nine.
Ex aid. -well my liveblogs from last year show that i loved it and had a rad time with it. and i say this as one of the few people who at the time enjoyed the first 9 episodes of it around when they first aired :shrug:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Drive I'd say that even goons are mixed on. I think it's a really... mixed series. Has great humor, fun cast, and some really memorable parts. But the writing is a little inconsistent. Maybe you should watch W or OOO next... it sounds like you might really like OOO. Then again, I'm just saying that because I love OOO and just rewatched it myself.

Fun fact. I started this stream marathon with OOO's and infact i Did love it.
Edit: I ended up deciding to go with EX AID. status: :allears: and i continue to want all of Emu's shirts

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 7, 2018

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

in keeping with the Kuuga stuff being mentioned in thread. me and the person i'm streaming this with began watching. ep 1 was Really good. (we're alternating it and ex aid rn). thanks for the links for subs in here too.
Edit: hours after finishing stream. we ended up watching ep 2 of Kuuga. still really good. i like Godai and Ichijo. and Ichijo trying in vain to shoot the monsters distracting them long enough to save Godai's life on at least two occassions and on EX AID the last ep just had Hyper Muteki. Hyper Muteki and Cronus are still really cool.

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 20, 2018

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

and on Toku watching. we finished EX AID Yesterday and saw one ep of Build (And two eps of Kuuga.)
we continued with build hitting ep 11. and in summary: :suspense: :tviv: :hellyeah:
I love this show so much already :swoon: please Stay good Build. Please :pray:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

NachtSieger posted:

good news! build stays good.

i'm well aware it's currently good. and i'm very happy with this. i just want it to End well too. :pray:
i really don't want to jinx it by watching early :negative:

i also like that the show hasn't forgotten Ryuuga's dead fiancee Kasumi at least 11 episodes in :shrug: . it's nice. :unsmith:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

as someone who only saw true ending and didn't know where to find another ending with proper subs. i liked true ending just fine. still mad Dan and Maxima didn't have a god off though
and on build we just finished ep 16. Build continues being absolutely wild. we also watched heisei generations final. i really liked it. and man you can tell whoever made it LOVED OOO's and for that i thank them. :allears: though please toei let Eiji have his bird back :qq: and it was super nice getting to see Eiji,Ankh,Gentaro,JK,Suspender teacher,Kouta,Takeru, and pretty much the entire ex aid cast again. :allears:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Didn’t know where to find proper subs Without torrenting. :negative:
But thank you anyways for the link

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

GuyUpNorth posted:

It's not really a secret that :filez: is basically the only method of finding newer Toku with subs. Rider especially but Shout! is doing licensed sentai with years of backlog.

it's more that the way i stream this for people requires a web page to link to in it's own browser more than the :filez: of it (i've tried tab sharing and it will not play the sound at all. it will however apparently download mp4's and play them as i discovered with Kuuga much to my complete confusion).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Ignis posted:

rabb.it? It's a bit of a workaround, but you can always upload mp4s to openload/mega/gdrive, it should give you a streamable link in return.

yep it's rabb.it which normally works pretty well. good to know uploading stuff myself is an option. (I am so sick of relying on kissasian's random sub picks for kamen rider watching too. :argh:)