Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I want Big Show and Braun to form a clean shaven 'young rock & roll express' style tag team with their cute babyfaces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Remember like 3 months ago when people were arguing with Dave about how Sami wasn't getting buried and actually WWE was booking him well

I mean I know the Internet is always full of crazy people willing to argue anything but lol

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Intruder posted:

From what I read he thinks that because all but one of the former NFL player brains that was donated for study had CTE then that's how common it is among former players. However it's a self selecting process. You're far more likely to donate the brain when you/your family member has had symptoms. But on the other hand the doctor he argued with was the very same one who helped the NFL hide the seriousness of concussions

In a way helmets make concussions more likely because you can launch yourself with mostly wild abandon. It cushions the impact, your head stops, but your brain keeps going and impacts the inside of your skull

Well that's my story

Yes, and if it's correct that basically every NFL player has CTE, it doesn't tell us much because clearly for some (a big majority) it causes little if any symptoms.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think part of my problem is because of how many parallels this has with Brock and Brock has been a massive drain on the product for years IMO, admittedly largely because he's linked inexorably to Roman in a way that sucks, is bad, prevents freshness in the main event, and does nothing for the product from either a business or an entertainment standpoint. So I'm really wary.

When they let Brock do fun stuff he rules. The Goldberg matches were good, the 4 way match was good. Just let him go nuts and throw people around in crazy fast paced brawls.

I'm not denying Brock gets lazy in matches he doesn't care about, but it's not hard to book him in a way that he isn't boring. There's nothing bad about being booked as a monster who can rarely if ever be beaten, look at Braun (other than Roman of course lol). It's just a matter of doing it halfway competently.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Excuse me, the move is actually called The Faithbreaker

• Locked thread