Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

wow how generous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

idiot moron brigade strongly represented itt

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Jamuraan posted:

You're still not scum hunting dude. Also did you read the other 10 pages of this game?
I told you who is scum :shrug:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

idiot moron brigade strongly represented itt

same

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'm not even jester

ijust want you all to vote me to get away from you idiots

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i'm not even jester

You can never leave <3

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mayor Glowku posted:

You can never leave <3

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i'm not even jester

Well, that just rude.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Kashuno (3): 2 penny bottle imp, GulagDolls, peramene
peramene (2): Kashuno, Mayor Glowku, Retro Futurist, Kashuno
Jonathan Fisk (2): 100YrsofAttitude, Mr. F!
Mayor Glowku (2): Jamuraan, Kashuno

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Flying Leatherman, Jonathan Fisk, Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 18th, 2017 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 21 hours.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
What happened to Flying Leatherman?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jamuraan posted:

What happened to Flying Leatherman?

Weekend, sleep schedule blew up really hard, long story. I'll be catching up today, don't worry

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Flying Leatherman posted:

Weekend, sleep schedule blew up really hard, long story. I'll be catching up today, don't worry

Just curious, I figured the weekend does that to people.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

peramene posted:

I believe I've caught the serial killer <3

im not gonna quote all the relevant posts but the trickle claim is bad and should be giving people pause; it looks like it is, which is probably good

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I think full claiming roles is a bad idea. I think this format heavily relies on mechanical info; having roles shutdown by NK's is scum's goal. At least 2 nights of info is probably better than weak N1 data foiled by losing that power role N2 to NK.

Flying you might want to claim here, though a lynch seems not so likely.

this is p funny to me, 2pbi did you forget about the defense phase or did you just want to try and get me to claim d1 for no reason

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am almost positive fisk is scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

this is p funny to me, 2pbi did you forget about the defense phase or did you just want to try and get me to claim d1 for no reason

HOWEVER

This post is some serious bs. Putting a claim forth as we approach deadline, even with the defense phase, isn't some outlandish strat. Not wanting normal claims, but wanting claims as deadlines come up, is totally normal. This is trying to throw shade in a silly way.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

HOWEVER

This post is some serious bs. Putting a claim forth as we approach deadline, even with the defense phase, isn't some outlandish strat. Not wanting normal claims, but wanting claims as deadlines come up, is totally normal. This is trying to throw shade in a silly way.

i disagree

i don't think it makes any sense to claim before defense in a game like this

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
e: unless you have meaningful night results i guess

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Definitely disagree. Defense phase is pretty dangerous, as if you're town scum and 3P can hop on that without any worries. I am pretty much treating defense phase as a death sentence in this game

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

Definitely disagree. Defense phase is pretty dangerous, as if you're town scum and 3P can hop on that without any worries. I am pretty much treating defense phase as a death sentence in this game

without any worries? votes are made public after the fact, so i'm not so sure about that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
we are going to have to agree to disagree on defense phase

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Mayor Glowku posted:

Is this your first post in the thread? Holy poo poo I didn't even know you were playing

Looks like you and me have each posted about 30 times or so. I was av-less before tho so you may not have associated those posts with me.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i'm not even jester

Yo, can scum just NK this guy? I am tempted to put him on ignore.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I felt it was different due to timing making a claim expedient. But also I forgot about the defense phase

I still think Kash as SK is a great lynch target though. Sorry guy, and thanks for the defense.

PS sorry for serial posting I'm on my phone.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yo, can scum just NK this guy? I am tempted to put him on ignore.

Sorry you can't handle Mafia, bro

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

I felt it was different due to timing making a claim expedient. But also I forgot about the defense phase

this is fair, thanks for the response

on a completely different note, i am eyeing bminus sideways right now

he's made a lurker callout and that's about it all game. i don't like how he avoids making hard reads on anyone as scum:

b-minus1 posted:

I don't like that MrF continues to speculate about roles on d1, but I'm not reading him as overly suspicious. Maybe just trying to figure out the game. FL, 1000years and peramene are giving me strange vibes but I'll hold off voting for now, we still have a few hours before EOD

b-minus1 posted:

I'm going to ##vote Flying Leatherman right now, but I don't feel good about this. Hopefully some other people will show up before the day ends.

b-minus1 posted:

I've admittedly never seen his scum game but we should choose someone else.

he makes some town reads early but that's it

reads as someone trying to skate esp given lack of content d2

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't think Fisk is jester cause he just plays like this. All the time. I do get the impression he's being particularly unhelpful this time around though, so scum.

I've got no issues voting off Glowku, but I get his feelings about having trouble getting invested. For every interesting post worth an analysis there are 20 more that are pointless or slap-fighting. I'm willing to believe Pera in regards to Kash, but I'm also willing to let Kash live for one more day, since he did a good deed yesterday.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
fwiw 100yrs this feels way different than the recent Taste games I've read, I'm still thinking jester there

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

this is fair, thanks for the response

he's made a lurker callout and that's about it all game. i don't like how he avoids making hard reads on anyone as scum:

he makes some town reads early but that's it

reads as someone trying to skate esp given lack of content d2

I figured someone would start to make a case against me. I don't blame you. This weekend was insane but I will be active today. I'm actually reading the thread now and making sense of everything that has happened during d2

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well he doesn't get any credit with me since I generally think he's a bit of a pain to play with.

Fisk your schtick is fine, it's just frustrating since I genuinely do have trouble making heads or tails of it. It's to the point I can't figure out if he's jester or just an all-around saboteur.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Agreed. I'm never a fan of "oh boy, I sure hate having to make this vote, but it's not my fault..." especially when deadline is so far away.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

But we can't just say, "Oh let's not play until some last-second panic". What difference does it make that he says it now rather than later?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i ask for memes and received none. all of you are scum.

#vote 100yrs

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why are we even arguing if fisk is scum or not? we have a loving vig, just goddamn shoot him tonight.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't think Fisk is jester cause he just plays like this. All the time. I do get the impression he's being particularly unhelpful this time around though, so scum.

I've got no issues voting off Glowku, but I get his feelings about having trouble getting invested. For every interesting post worth an analysis there are 20 more that are pointless or slap-fighting. I'm willing to believe Pera in regards to Kash, but I'm also willing to let Kash live for one more day, since he did a good deed yesterday.

"I'm willing to believe Kash is the SK, but i would rather go for something unconfirmed." This is scum tactics because they know that if I were the SK they could just eliminate me at night

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote 100

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

"I'm willing to believe Kash is the SK, but i would rather go for something unconfirmed." This is scum tactics because they know that if I were the SK they could just eliminate me at night

Well you seem to have town's best interests in heart, giving us a freebie. That earns enough cookie points to gently caress us up for 1 night as far as I'm concerned. I don't see why scum would waste their kill on SK when all it does is help whittle down the numbers in their favor.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
fl's old avatar was cuter

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

fl's old avatar was cuter

it's never changing again, sorry :colbert:

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

But we can't just say, "Oh let's not play until some last-second panic". What difference does it make that he says it now rather than later?

If you don't want to vote someone, don't vote them. Towards deadline I get that sometimes a halfhearted vote guaranteeing lynch can be pro-town, but prior to the end of day that post just frees him from consequences of his actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well you seem to have town's best interests in heart, giving us a freebie. That earns enough cookie points to gently caress us up for 1 night as far as I'm concerned. I don't see why scum would waste their kill on SK when all it does is help whittle down the numbers in their favor.

these two are conflicted

A) "SK has town's best interest at heart"
B) "Scum would be silly to kill the SK because it favors them to keep around"

• Locked thread