Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there no thread for this which i thought was weird since most of IZ has this game. i got #2 on my last match before work and it was the worst feel ever, I still haven't won a game lmao.

game's loving awesome though. it scratches the survival itch without being insanely boring like a lot of other player island survival games, there's always a lot of tension in the air and being constantly forced to move after the beginning 'find some guns right now' phase keeps the pacing fast. sometimes i wish cars were a little more common but i dont really have any other big complaints, it owns

there's also a new map coming that is a much smaller, dense urban area that will cut dull moments down to the absolute minimum, really excited for that poo poo and more maps in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
This game is seriously epic. It's well worth the $25 or whatever it is right now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

This game is seriously epic. It's well worth the $25 or whatever it is right now.

i got it for 30 and its the best 30 ive ever spent. its a blast with friends and its really fun to stream too

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my computer isnt good enough to run this game

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

extremebuff posted:

its a blast with friends and its really fun to stream too

What someone says when trying to sell you a bad game.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

qnqnx posted:

and from the man who brought us a thread titled quake and it was about quake champions

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx posted:

i have a lot of fun playing it solo too, its way more tense that way. i refuse to believe anyone hasnt seen this being played anyway

trying to jack off posted:

and from the man who brought us a thread titled quake and it was about quake champions

get over it!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
bobs played like 20 games in his life and thinks all of them are amazing

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

few games put me through the complete cycle of human emotions as rapidly as PUBG does, its truly artful. a real purestrain gaming experience.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

lmfao

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm reminded of how he was absolutely obsessed with gungeon and then someone showed him nt and all of a sudden that was now the best game ever, and so on and so forth.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bill Barber posted:

I'm reminded of how he was absolutely obsessed with gungeon and then someone showed him nt and all of a sudden that was now the best game ever, and so on and so forth.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750365&userid=165473

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

smh

elf help book posted:

Bill Barber posted:

Aahahaha.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Me and Bob got top 3 I think my first time playing... Was pretty epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It runs surprisingly well too.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

drat that threads making me wanna replay Xenoblade

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that game was a long con damnit

Wormskull posted:

It runs surprisingly well too.

yeah it controls very tightly and looks sharp, it doesnt look like a garbage arma mod lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh right I remember harboring resentment at Bob for making me get that game for christmas.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

If only I had his childish glee

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Oh right I remember harboring resentment at Bob for making me get that game for christmas.

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lmao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Wormskull posted:

lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Bob is right though this time, PUBG is really fun. I love dota 2 so you know my opinion is right.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I killed a scared chinese man in a field of tall grass with my silenced UMP and then took his M16.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I killed a scared chinese man in a field of tall grass with my silenced UMP and then took his M16.

Good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

you got like 5 kills and almost won on your first game that was pretty awesome

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Drink posted:

Bob is right though this time, PUBG is really fun. I love dota 2 so you know my opinion is right.

:thunk:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My computer probably can't run it either so I'll wait for the Xbox version assuming that has a decent enough player base. It looks really fun and I've heard nothing but good things.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

2/10 too obvious.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I love landing next to people and chasing them around punching the back of their head while they try and find their first gun to shoot me with

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Someone told me that Ocean crates were safe so I chased one down in a boat. It actually dropped outside the map boundary and kept teleporting into bounds then back out. I thought maybe if I put the boat exactly where it popped back onto the map I could get it, instead it did a bunch of physics damage and blew up the boat.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

It's loving amazing! The same map every game, ingenious! Plus, with the loot crates that I can buy and sell on steam marketplace... Hell, AND IT'S EARLY ACCESS? Yeah... this sounds loving great. Hopefully they add 4 abilities including an ultimate soon, as well as tournaments i can pay to watch. This game doesn't sound like a flash in the pan, and I'm expecting it to get GOTY.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Burack babi gokuuuuuu

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

IdealFlaws posted:

I love landing next to people and chasing them around punching the back of their head while they try and find their first gun to shoot me with

It's so funny every time it plays out. This weekend my duos buddy snapped into a some sort of mental state as soon as we landed near each other and punched away almost all of my health, still hearing me on mic hollering DUDE STOP DUDE STOP STOP DUDE, before regaining his faculties. Everyone gets so psyched out playing the game, and it's so goddamn funny and fun to be a part of

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got to #5 by killing someone who had a VSS And then killing 6 more people with that but then as soon as I pulled out a AK I missed all the shots on someone who my red dot was on there chest. :sigh:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Are you not able to aim for like 3 seconds after your hit or something. The guy missed like 4 times before I finally figured out where he was and then one bullet hit me and the vision went blurry and my shots didn't land on him even though I was pointing at him.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Wormskull posted:

Are you not able to aim for like 3 seconds after your hit or something. The guy missed like 4 times before I finally figured out where he was and then one bullet hit me and the vision went blurry and my shots didn't land on him even though I was pointing at him.

Sounds epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is the AK like in CS or whatever where if you don't hit the first one the rest will be hosed up. Is shooting during Blurry Vision a bad idea in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also did it put me in servers with noobs because I'm new to the game. Most of the people seem to have no awareness or uhh. Patience or whatever. I walked up directly to the left of someone who was standing behind a tree trunk. Was he looking at the tree trunk.

• Locked thread