Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm the forever Nightingale player, because there's no way in hell I'm not taking my glorious lobsterbird out every chance I get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Still in and trying to learn not to suck with Buster.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm the forever Nightingale player, because there's no way in hell I'm not taking my glorious lobsterbird out every chance I get.

You were pretty good! I kept trying to bring you down - it was tough.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You were fun as hell to 1v1, I need to play as that giant thing more

motoh posted:

I'm the all zeta suits stan, name matches here.

Were you the Mk II at any point because I was scared of Emma Sheen in my matches

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Dangerous Person posted:

Were you the Mk II at any point because I was scared of Emma Sheen in my matches

Yep!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm done for the night too, good matches.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Thank you much for the games, folks!

Had a blast and I think I'm starting to figure out how Buster operates. Was good to confirm I'm actually not terrible with Exia and Hyaku Shiki too.

EDIT: also if anyone wants to add me my PSN is the same as my username here.

Dulkor fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 23, 2017

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Any interest in getting a goon room going again for an hour or two tomorrow afternoon? Probably around 3ish Pacific.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

Dulkor posted:

Any interest in getting a goon room going again for an hour or two tomorrow afternoon? Probably around 3ish Pacific.

Works for me

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm down.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Room is up, Casual Play named It's a goondam!

Also fair warning that I'm practicing using my fightstick today so apologies in advance if I do anything odd the first few matches.

Dulkor fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 29, 2017

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dulkor posted:

Room is up, Casual Play named It's a goondam!

Also fair warning that I'm practicing using my fightstick today so apologies in advance if I do anything odd the first few matches.

I can't find it, is it not worldwide?

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Droyer posted:

I can't find it, is it not worldwide?

My bad. Forgot to set that. Will reset momentarily

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Room reset for worldwide!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dulkor posted:

My bad. Forgot to set that. Will reset momentarily

Thank you. Also fair warning: I suck balls

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

That was fun but it's getting late and I still haven't had dinner yet. TY Dulkor

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Closing the room for now!

Thanks for coming folks. Was a lot of fun and I'd love to keep a weekly room going so long as people are interested.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Some days I hit everything

Some days I have an alvaaron literally on tap to put me back in the dirt anytime I try pushing a button.

Good games, all!

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Yeah I'm not sure who that Alvaaron was but he stomped me a few times before I remembered to use Buster's mine launcher. It only took three losses to remember that option because am smrt.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I ordered this game. Getting it friday.
Can I jump online asap or do i need to do some single player 1st?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

You can jump in to casual and lobbies, just not ranked.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Going to be busy this weekend so I won't be able to open a room on Sunday this week. Hope folks get some games in and I should be able to open a lobby again next weekend.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Is there some kinda trick for getting into ranked? Every time I try I get an info box that says "checking the line" and then another one that goes away far too quickly to read.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Hey my friends and I are making a room tonight at 7 pst if y’all wanna fight robots.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Post the room name when it's up, I'm in.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Post the room name when it's up, I'm in.

Will do

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

This is truly the GOTY

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
This game is fun and good. Too easy to just lose track of time

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Sefal posted:

This game is fun and good. Too easy to just lose track of time

Seriously. It’s addicting too. I don’t usually hunt for trophies but I’ve been having fun doing that.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Running a few minutes late, room up soon

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Room name: TeeGee

Get tf in here

Edit: Also send a friend request to me if you want so it’s easier to find the room ( BarackOmaba )

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

Let's do hateful things to each other.

Ta for the games~ Enjoy the rest of the night.

motoh fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 11, 2017

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

New DLC

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/gundam-versus-dlc-mobile-suits-gundam-age-2-mudrock-launch-december-5-japan

Age 2 & Mudrock on Dec. 5 and Atlas & Zeydra November 21 (For Japan)

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Hell yeah! I think this is the only game in history that I’m willing to dump so much money on.

Also, this Friday I’ll be setting up a room at ~7pm PST again if anyone wants to join. It’ll be the same info as before.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Demicol posted:

New DLC

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/gundam-versus-dlc-mobile-suits-gundam-age-2-mudrock-launch-december-5-japan

Age 2 & Mudrock on Dec. 5 and Atlas & Zeydra November 21 (For Japan)

I kinda wish it was the Gundam Legilis instead, but I'm not going to complain about them putting Vagan MS in the game. It's a shame AGE sucks, but I love the Vagan MS designs.

Edit: Also not complaining about them putting Zeonic Front suits in the game. Apparently, Schmitzer's Zaku I is making it into the game after Mudrock. It also looks like they're putting the Raider Gundam from SEED in the game.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 16, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LuiCypher posted:

I kinda wish it was the Gundam Legilis instead, but I'm not going to complain about them putting Vagan MS in the game. It's a shame AGE sucks, but I love the Vagan MS designs.

Edit: Also not complaining about them putting Zeonic Front suits in the game. Apparently, Schmitzer's Zaku I is making it into the game after Mudrock. It also looks like they're putting the Raider Gundam from SEED in the game.

They seem to be going through the generations one by one. The Zedas does seem to be an obvious G1 Vagan suit, though. And yeah, the Midnight Fenrir Zaku and Raider are confirmed - with screenshots, no less.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

They seem to be going through the generations one by one. The Zedas does seem to be an obvious G1 Vagan suit, though. And yeah, the Midnight Fenrir Zaku and Raider are confirmed - with screenshots, no less.

Oh nice, the zaku will be 300 cost, I really like grunt suits at higher than 200.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone want to play this weekend? I'm sad I missed out on the last goon room because I accidentally passed out.

https://twitter.com/yuguro1/status/930734823261405184

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How do you get the most out of the The O? It seems remarkably short on merits for a 500 cost suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Darth Walrus posted:

How do you get the most out of the The O? It seems remarkably short on merits for a 500 cost suit.

The O's strengths:
  • Top class mobility, the thing is loving fast even compared to other 500s and is nearly impossible to disengage from without knocking it down first
  • The combination of strong boomerangs, pressure bubble, and high speed make it excel at vortexing opponents once it achieves a knockdown
  • Simple, powerful melee connects if you utilize the BC grab a lot, which you should

The O's weaknesses:
  • Neutral game would be worst in class among 500s if Epyon didn't exist; reliant on a barely-average beam rifle for any ranged pressure, with no other real options
  • Powerful melee connects are stationary and cut-vulnerable, while safe melee options are low damage
  • Struggles to accomplish anything under heavy double lock pressure due to poor ranged tools and vulnerable melee

The O is effectively a linebacker bully whose optimal gameplan consists of knocking someone down and then vortexing them as they try to get up over and over. It excels in 1v1 situations because its toolkit is focused on choking off the opponents' movement options; horizontal movement is punished by boomerangs and vertical or aggressive movement is punished by pressure. It needs a strong partner who can create those 1v1 scenarios for you; The O fares poorly in extended gunfights due to a lack of ranged options and ammo, and its melee can't really achieve a huge amount of value when you're double locked due to almost all of its strong combo options involving the stationary BC grab. It's not a suit that really functions well without a teammate you can trust to some degree, in my opinion.

When playing the suit, my standard approach in the early parts of the match is to push in aggressively at the opponents and put myself in their faces. I'm generally not accomplishing a lot at this stage, but the threat of The O moving in aggressively and lurking in attack range is very distracting and can often buy your teammate an opportunity. The moment one of the opponents eats a knockdown from you or your partner, the time has come to try to push in on the other opponent and split their formation; the ideal result is that you connect on the still-standing opponent while their teammate is getting up, causing their teammate to panic and try to save them, leading to your own teammate having free reign to shoot them in the back and continue the cycle. You want to try to keep them panicked, disoriented, and unable to maintain a cohesive front against you as much as possible to take advantage of your overwhelming 1v1 close quarters superiority. If the enemy team stays calm and maintains formation your life is going to be hard.

• Locked thread