Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waxluthor
May 28, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Oh I could move mine too, I forgot to look at the LOL. The LSL could go earlier, it's just a long drat draft.

I set mine to 1pm PDT (4pm EDT) for now. I think it works well, mine shouldn't last more than 90 minutes. They can do mine first, take a dinner break and then do LSL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I might not be home from work by 4 Eastern on that Sunday is the only issue I have with doing that. If not I can just rank a poo poo-ton of guys in LOL on one of my days off or straight autodraft.

e: Also I do not think LSL should be first, 7PM is a perfect time for it.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
Will 4:30pm EDT help? seems like most of you are okay with anytime that afternoon.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I'll be back in HHL (All About That Mase) but not playing LSL this year (Le-Tang Clan).

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

waxluthor posted:

Will 4:30pm EDT help? seems like most of you are okay with anytime that afternoon.

That will definitely work better for me if it's OK with everyone else; my schedule is usually 5:30AM until the work is done, and hopefully by then I won't be working 10-11 hours a day. At any rate I'll probably pre-rank some guys just in case.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
Changed to 1:30pm PDT (4:30pm EDT), any later it may overlap or back-to-back with the LSL draft. Hope most of you can make it!

Jamwad please update the op when you get the chance? Also the invite link was the copy of the shorten version and it doesn't work. Please and thanks!

Full link:
https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/26755/invitation?key=b24027dfe480c94c&ikey=b458ed6a74274627

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Updated. I did it on phone so lemme know if it's still messed up and I can fix it when I get home on my computer.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ps Oct 2 isn't great for me does the 3rd (a Tuesday) work for HHL? If Monday is best for everyone that's fine too though, I'll figure it out

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Ps Oct 2 isn't great for me does the 3rd (a Tuesday) work for HHL? If Monday is best for everyone that's fine too though, I'll figure it out

I can't really do Tuesdays. Have beer league those nights. Most other days should be fine for me though

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am starting to debate between keeping either Domi or Granlund. Granlund is $2, and Domi is $11. Am I right to be suspect of Granlund's huge year?

The only other big consideration is that this would be the last year I can keep Domi, whereas I picked Granlund off of waivers last year, so I have another few years with him.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Still have 4 spots in the LSL.

I'll post a list of ineligible keepers this weekend for the HHL. Jordan I'll let you know if there's a HHL spot, there usually is.

Anyone else wanting to join the HHL, please let me know, as I may need to move quickly to reassign teams in the event someone drops out late.

e: Monday is a bit better for me, but up to yall

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 20, 2017

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I'm back in as Anton Strawman for this year's HHL. I'd be unlikely to make a Tuesday draft, but Monday should be no problem.

I actually have a few decent keepers this year after a bit of a poo poo show last season:

Mitchell Marner (first time keeper) $1 -> $2
Conor Sheary (first time keeper) $2 -> $3
Ryan McDonagh (second time keeper) $10 -> $12
Ryan Johansen (first time keeper) $61 -> $74

We're allowed to keep players for up to 3 years, right?

E: to remove Zibanejad

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 22, 2017

Dauher
Jul 22, 2007
The man from not near.
Hey y'all my ORAL friends are all too busy to do our league this year. Can a brother get a spot in one of these leagues? Not fussy on what the rules are so any one is fine.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

Dauher posted:

Hey y'all my ORAL friends are all too busy to do our league this year. Can a brother get a spot in one of these leagues? Not fussy on what the rules are so any one is fine.

2 spots left in LOLHL, invite: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/26755/invitation?key=b24027dfe480c94c&ikey=b458ed6a74274627

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hmmmmm, I'll take a spot.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
Well nobody joined yet... still 2 spots left. Just click the link and you're in.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

toe knee hand posted:

I'll be back in HHL (All About That Mase) but not playing LSL this year (Le-Tang Clan).

Hi, I needed to come up with a team name to join a last minute league and shamelessly used yours. As a penance feel free to use this

Dauher
Jul 22, 2007
The man from not near.
Thanks, I joined up at that link.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I am starting to debate between keeping either Domi or Granlund. Granlund is $2, and Domi is $11. Am I right to be suspect of Granlund's huge year?

The only other big consideration is that this would be the last year I can keep Domi, whereas I picked Granlund off of waivers last year, so I have another few years with him.

Still looking for an answer.

Speaking of being suspect of a player's huge year, am I the only one who is bearish on Kucherov? The Hockey News has him in the top-5 in scoring. Razzball's hockey section has him as the third ranked player in the league. I don't really even have a reason to be bearish, other than a gut feeling. He has always maintained a high S%, and he took way more shots last year, which allowed him to score 40. He's still young, and he's playing on a strong team. Is this jump from a 30-goal/65-point guy to a 40-goal/85-point one legit? He scored way more on the PP last year, and it seems like he's close to becoming one of the few 20-minute a game forwards. I wouldn't be as worried taking him later in the first round, but I am slightly scared of taking him in the top-5.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Four spots left in the LSL: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/38184/invitation?key=2e24f4a41c7c263c&ikey=6763828cca1c078f -- just let me know if you've joined.

Twin Cinema posted:

Speaking of being suspect of a player's huge year, am I the only one who is bearish on Kucherov? The Hockey News has him in the top-5 in scoring. Razzball's hockey section has him as the third ranked player in the league. I don't really even have a reason to be bearish, other than a gut feeling. He has always maintained a high S%, and he took way more shots last year, which allowed him to score 40. He's still young, and he's playing on a strong team. Is this jump from a 30-goal/65-point guy to a 40-goal/85-point one legit? He scored way more on the PP last year, and it seems like he's close to becoming one of the few 20-minute a game forwards. I wouldn't be as worried taking him later in the first round, but I am slightly scared of taking him in the top-5.

I think Domi has a lot of upside this year with Keller, who looks really good.

I dunno about Kucherov in the top 5, does he lose some shots on the PP with Stammer back you think? Maybe his assists go up?

fancy stats posted:

We're allowed to keep players for up to 3 years, right?

They can be out of the draft for two seasons (so 3 years on a roster).

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 21, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

Granlund vs Domi: I'd go with Granlund, personally. He's cheaper, plays on a better team, and you can keep him longer. I'm not sure he'll put up close to 70 points again but I think he can be relied on to get 50-55 at least. The thing with Granlund is he's steadily improved and his role within the Wild has increased year by year. This is the sort of player they expected him to be, they've just taken their time getting him there. He's a high skill, top 6 player, in a Bruce Boudreau system.

Domi to me is more of a wild card. He and Duclair look good but my understanding is they were mostly sheltered behind veteran players and got easier competition. Arizona is going to be rookie-heavy this year and guys like Domi and Duclair are now going to be the guys getting the harder minutes. Not sure what kind of effect that might have on his production.

Kucherov: I think you're right to be a bit skeptical but I'd have no problem taking him in the 3rd-7th overall range. I'd say he's easily a top 10 skater in the NHL. 40 goals and 85 points in 74 games is legit, even if it's a big jump from 30/65. Let's say he regresses by 10 points to 35G/40A over the full 82. That's still good enough for 10th overall in scoring last season, comparable to Tarasenko/Burns/Panarin. Sure it's a mild disappointment but hardly a letdown. I wonder a little bit what a healthy Stamkos does regarding his ice time/PP time, if anything at all, but overall I mostly agree with how other people are ranking him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Okay, you guys have convinced me about Kucherov. I am not sure if I'll take him third, but he's definitely in my top-5 now.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Top 5 skater seems aggressive to me for Kucherov, but he's probably not far off of that. Your league settings are obviously going to be a big part of how you rank him.

Looking at the stats a bit more closely... his on ice shooting % was a bit high (9.7%) and he increased his % of secondary assists vs the previous year... on the other hand his A1:A2 ratio is still worse than the league average for forwards, so that's not necessarily anything unsustainable. His IPP was really high but that could just be because he drives play.

Biggest concern for me is his goal production, which was heavily dependent on the PP. 20% shooting on the PP is high, but not excessively so for guys with his skillset. The actual concern there is Stamkos. Stamkos is a volume shooter and he takes up a lot of space on the Tampa powerplay. If the PP runs through Stamkos, Kucherov is going to lose out on a lot of opportunity to get goals.

I wouldn't be shocked to see something more like 30-50 from Kucherov rather than the 40-45 he put up last year. Similar numbers, but fewer goals. In a formats where goals have more scoring weight (most formats, in other words) that is going to hurt his value.

I'd probably lean towards Kucherov being a top 10 forward, top 15 skater in leagues with IR.

On that IR note... don't sleep on Malkin. In both points driven and roto leagues Malkin + 10-15 games from a hot waiver wire pickup has been top 5 forward numbers the last two years.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

Top 5 skater seems aggressive to me for Kucherov, but he's probably not far off of that. Your league settings are obviously going to be a big part of how you rank him.

Looking at the stats a bit more closely... his on ice shooting % was a bit high (9.7%) and he increased his % of secondary assists vs the previous year... on the other hand his A1:A2 ratio is still worse than the league average for forwards, so that's not necessarily anything unsustainable. His IPP was really high but that could just be because he drives play.

Biggest concern for me is his goal production, which was heavily dependent on the PP. 20% shooting on the PP is high, but not excessively so for guys with his skillset. The actual concern there is Stamkos. Stamkos is a volume shooter and he takes up a lot of space on the Tampa powerplay. If the PP runs through Stamkos, Kucherov is going to lose out on a lot of opportunity to get goals.

I wouldn't be shocked to see something more like 30-50 from Kucherov rather than the 40-45 he put up last year. Similar numbers, but fewer goals. In a formats where goals have more scoring weight (most formats, in other words) that is going to hurt his value.

I'd probably lean towards Kucherov being a top 10 forward, top 15 skater in leagues with IR.

On that IR note... don't sleep on Malkin. In both points driven and roto leagues Malkin + 10-15 games from a hot waiver wire pickup has been top 5 forward numbers the last two years.

Malkin gets hurt so often that he's a scary pick but he's pretty much a certainty to put up anywhere from 70-90 points if he plays most of the season and there's just not a lot of other players you can say that about.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

T-Bone posted:

They can be out of the draft for two seasons (so 3 years on a roster).

Ah, in that case, I'm pretty sure Zibanejad is ineligible, I'll be keeping Johansen ($61->$74) instead.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

Malkin gets hurt so often that he's a scary pick but he's pretty much a certainty to put up anywhere from 70-90 points if he plays most of the season and there's just not a lot of other players you can say that about.

He doesn't miss games here and there though, he misses stretches. I'm actually ok with that, because it means you can grab another 10 games from someone hot. If you're astute and your league has IR having one or two high end bandaid boys like Malkin or Crosby isn't going to hurt you that much, and at least with Malkin he's undervalued as a result.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It depends on when you're advocating taking Malkin. Late-first/high-second is the spot you should take him, because he can't be depended a full season. A dude who averages 60-65 games, unless he's playing at the level of Gretzky/Lemieux should not be taken any higher.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Twin Cinema posted:

It depends on when you're advocating taking Malkin. Late-first/high-second is the spot you should take him, because he can't be depended a full season. A dude who averages 60-65 games, unless he's playing at the level of Gretzky/Lemieux should not be taken any higher.

I think it comes down to your league's IR and GP settings.

Look at last season in a points only format where you've got an 82 games / slot max and the ability to supplement with either extra bench spots or IR. You're going to want to max out your GP obviously, so you're going to get 82 games from Malkin's spot. So you get his 72 points in 62 games (good for 16th OV), plus at worst another 10 points from a 40 pt guy, which bring his spot to 82 points (good for ~7th), and potentially even more than that.

If you're in a pure GP situation you can look at more guys than just Malkin this way, but if you're depending on IR somebody like Malkin who misses decent IR-able stretches is going to be even more relevant.

Where do I draft him? Maybe I drop him to the start of the second round if that's how other guys view him in my pool, but I think taking an 80 games 80 point guy over him is potentially a mistake. Production per game is a fantasy relevant metric.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I'd be worried with that strategy because I think hitting on a player having that kind of hot streak is more difficult than you make it seem.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
i already confirmed in the yahoo sports board thing, but yeah I'm still in LSL as Quid Provorov Quo

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am going to join 3 pools this year where you pick 1 player from a group of 5 (or 6) and hope they score more points than the other players. Oddly, in my friend's work pool, they have a section of "Superstars" that include Crosby, Giroux, Malkin, Seguin, Stamkos, and Ovechkin. The next list is "Top Wingers" and includes Tavares, Benn, Kane, McDavid, Perry, and Pasternak. I don't understand how McDavid isn't a superstar and why he's considered a winger.

I mean, I am not really complaining because it gives me the option of choosing BOTH Crosby and McDavid.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
That's a dumb pool hth

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. There's another category that included Chara, Ryan Murphy, and Ryan Murray. Another one you can pick between Karlsson and Vlasic.

If I don't win, I will feel personally ashamed.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Arabian Jesus posted:

Hi, I needed to come up with a team name to join a last minute league and shamelessly used yours. As a penance feel free to use this

Haha, no worries. And nice logo! I never bothered to make one so you've done more for the name than I did. :)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Still four spots in the LSL.

goon fantasy dying :(

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
to be fair maybe that means someone gets to take a goalie in the third round this year

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
16 teams is still a pretty good size though, at least.

Any word on the keeper lists yet?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ineligible
Mark Stone
Vladimir Tarasenko
Mika Zibanejad
Boone Jenner
Morgan Rielly
Mike Hoffman
Martin Jones
Alex Galchenyuk
Sean Monahan
Johnny Gaudreau
Filip Forsberg
Antoine Roussel
Brendan Gallagher
Artemi Panarin
Aaron Ekblad
Evgeny Kuznetsov
Dougie Hamilton
Matt Martin

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Oh and here's the link for the LSL if anyone is still looking to join

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/38184/invitation?key=2e24f4a41c7c263c&ikey=6763828cca1c078f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Thanks t-bone.

Keeping:
David Pastrnak $4 > $5 (first time keeper)
Zach Werenski $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Nikita Zaitsev $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Pavel Buchnevich $1 > $2 (first time keeper)

• Locked thread