Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
At this point I'm still not sure how there can be any sort of mending of this situation. Looks like just war of the roses. though, like their past seasons, I had no idea where they were going mid getting there. Entertaining to watch all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Jimmy taking this long to realize how poo poo has hit fan so badly and admitting it seems like too long into the season. But yeah, not sure how they figure out any method to put the Jimmy and Gretchen relationship back together again.

And we always knew Vernon was the best person on the show. Did the trash juice not give it away?

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I'm just not sure how it advanced the story along more other than breaking Gretchen some more, which, let's be real, she was already a broken character. Interesting take and character study episode, but I guess with what they have us currently hooked in on, was hoping for something on that front.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
So are they doing some sort of "Well, it's Gretchen's choice to go with Jimmy and not just that poo poo went south with Boon" sort of situation? I don't know anymore.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I have no idea where mustache guy came from. While last week's episode was great in its own way in character development, It feels like we watched that instead of watching how the other characters got to this episode. There was little to no build up to Jimmy's potential fling at the expo, which made that scene just sort of throw away. Linds' current status, while having the most of the backstory build up, just seems like a resetting of the button from where we saw her at the start of the season when she wasn't just dumb Lindsay and on her own. How or why did they de-evolve her?

Even more confusing is that Gretchen's really only development from last week's time invested in to her or even mention of that whole episode was just passing off her friendship bracelet to Lindsay

I'm also feeling like the writing is really good but the lack of them dealing with the actual conflict they set up from last week's season finale through all 8 episodes makes this the worst season so far. It was only at the last moments of the episode did it feel good again, but I don't have a clue what they're doing in doubling down on this whole Boone relationship build up.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
They're really delaying any of this sort of interaction between Jimmy and Gretchen. I'd gladly take them at war if it means they interact. This seems way too prolonged for me to give a poo poo about them either together or not.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I just can't believe that here we are at the season finale and I honestly don't feel like we've progressed much in any of the characters from last season's finale.

There was hints, but then regression all the way on all parts. Linds was sort of functional at the start out of no where and now.. back to being dumb again. Gretchen.. I don't know why they kept this Boone story line going for so long. Felt like it should have been done in 2-3 episodes max. Jimmy hasn't gone through much of anything.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I mean, it's not like they didn't warn us that It'll leave us anyway.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
yeah, I enjoyed those two episodes a lot. Honestly, I'm just frustrated that those two episodes should have been episode 5 and 6 of this season. Instead we got a whole lot of pointless filler that had only the smallest examples of what made this show amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
was he an actual adult? They kept on switching it up with Boone. One minute he had his poo poo together, the next he would be head locking his ex's new husband. Someone with their poo poo together would not be with Gretchen. It seems like they completely avoided the topic of banging at Jimmy's place so.. like, that as a bit odd. So he had no real moral high ground on any thing half the time and the other half the writers didn't know what to do with him.

I honestly could have been happy with half the amount of him in the season.

• Locked thread