Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

DC Murderverse posted:

I dug the first 27 minutes of the episode but did we really need to see Gretchen get herself off to Jimmy loving around on her?

Also, the last scene of Edgar's plot this week was depressing as all hell. This was a very tonally awkward episode.

Jimmy's not loving around on her though. They're broken up. She thinks they might get back together. Jimmy is out trying to get laid because Gretchen brought her boyfriend and kid into the house. Juvenile, sure, but I don't think Jimmy went into the encounter trying to get "caught" by Gretchen. As for Gretchen masturbating, she's obviously disgusted with herself saying "what is wrong with me" before she jams her hands down her pants. Did we need to see that? No, probably not. Writers might be just trying to add some levity to a scene/episode that could have very well ended on a close-up shot of Gretchen in tears.

But yeah, Edgar's plot was depressing as hell. AV Club reviewer had an interesting take on it that didn't jump out to me. Edgar doesn't want people he just met to know he's a combat vet so they can form a natural relationship before they know that about him as he explained to his battle buddy. The delivery guy took that agency away from him and effectively "outed" him without his permission. Obviously delivery dude was loving pissed about having to come back with the chimmichurri, but Edgar could be reclaiming his own power through a giant dick move. I could see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread