Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Btw I did the sling trial this week and it loving sucks. Don't do sling. Unless you love constant buffering and stream drops.

I used Sling for over a year and never had any problems watching it on Roku. Good quality, no buffering even after watching it for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I wonder if they just don't allocate enough resources for trial accounts? My internet definitely isn't the issue

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

youtube hasn't taken down poo poo in 3 games so far. crazy

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
where is the nfl2go website? When i google it I just get a bunch of Reddit sites

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Typically I use Gamepass but I had some serious issues with it yesterday. To clarify, my subscription auto-renewed a month ago and I even received a confirmation email of such. However, after I turn on my VPN and log in it shows that my account has no subscription. It then gives me options to purchase a subscription with the respective currency of my VPN (I often go with Norway or Switzerland).

Any advice? This would be s pretty pricey bullet to bite since I've already paid for the auto renew (which I also haven't been able to cancel btw).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SHOAH NUFF posted:

where is the nfl2go website? When i google it I just get a bunch of Reddit sites

Add .com.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Pony up for NFL Game Pass.

Really not worth it for the 2 games I would ever watch on it (based on past performance), but maybe.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I wonder if they just don't allocate enough resources for trial accounts? My internet definitely isn't the issue

Were you using an Xbox one? I did that for a season and the client kept dying like that. Was fine on everything else.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Nope. 200mpbs connection over wireless AC: on computer, smartphone, and chromecast.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Game Pass loving sucks

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Eh, I like the condensed games.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Alright, so I requested an invite and got it. Now I need to find a way to donate 35 dollars in bitcoin to these people, I'm guessing Coinbase is the best, safest way to do that

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Alright, so I requested an invite and got it. Now I need to find a way to donate 35 dollars in bitcoin to these people, I'm guessing Coinbase is the best, safest way to do that

That's what worked for me. YMMV.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
I've never used BTC. I don't want to give a scan of my ID to coinbase, and deal with a wallet or whatever. Is it possible to have someone else send the required BTC to the address # they gave? If this will work and someone wants to help, I'll send the fee + $10 extra on paypal for your trouble. PM me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I finally installed acestream and man the reddit streams of that have all been quite solid so far.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

I finally installed acestream and man the reddit streams of that have all been quite solid so far.

Welcome to the proper way of streaming. It really does make for a much better experience. Much better quality, no ads, no drama.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Sometimes they get nicked, but on the whole they're pretty reliable

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

John Brown posted:

Typically I use Gamepass but I had some serious issues with it yesterday. To clarify, my subscription auto-renewed a month ago and I even received a confirmation email of such. However, after I turn on my VPN and log in it shows that my account has no subscription. It then gives me options to purchase a subscription with the respective currency of my VPN (I often go with Norway or Switzerland).

Any advice? This would be s pretty pricey bullet to bite since I've already paid for the auto renew (which I also haven't been able to cancel btw).

Sounds like no one else is having this problem.

Have any of you successfully cancelled the Gamepass auto-renewal?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I still just use FirstRow. Just slap uBlock and maybe NoScript on your browser, and always click Link 2, never Link 1.

After a few gamedays, you get really good at figuring out which tiny, hidden X actually closes the ad overlays.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

John Brown posted:

Sounds like no one else is having this problem.

Have any of you successfully cancelled the Gamepass auto-renewal?

I did. I had to email them back in June/July though.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I still just use FirstRow. Just slap uBlock and maybe NoScript on your browser, and always click Link 2, never Link 1.

After a few gamedays, you get really good at figuring out which tiny, hidden X actually closes the ad overlays.

use the eyedropper tool in ublock!

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Firstrow is such poo poo! just get aceplayer and go to r/nflstreams. Or don't, just go there and find a better link. Seriously you will never go back to firstrow.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Butter Hole posted:

Firstrow is such poo poo! just get aceplayer and go to r/nflstreams. Or don't, just go there and find a better link. Seriously you will never go back to firstrow.

Yeah. I too have been spoiled by Ace/VLC streams. The only way to watch!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kalli posted:

Yeah it's pretty great. I don't know why I didn't try it sooner.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Install SodaPlayer for all your acestream links. It's simple as gently caress and works best.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Install SodaPlayer for all your acestream links. It's simple as gently caress and works best.

Best like performance wise? Better than AcePlayer? I do get buffering problems at times in ace, but my internet blows.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also use the sky sports streams from the UK for acestream.

About a third of the commercials get replaced with a random 2 minute chunk of some random NFL Network special.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

About a third of the commercials get replaced with a random 2 minute chunk of some random NFL Network special.

I saw that last night, I liked it too. Although at first I thought my stream switched to something else hah

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

weird Asian candy posted:

Best like performance wise? Better than AcePlayer? I do get buffering problems at times in ace, but my internet blows.

I dont have hard facts and data, AcePlayer just always felt off to me, where Soda Player feels smooth. It also has a built in proxy if you are into that sort of thing.

Kalli posted:

Yeah this is fantastic. They always seem to pull really good parts of A Football Life to show.

And when they do show commercials, you get to giggle that they call their money: pounds.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Whats the quality on these streams

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

720p to 1080i usually

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I watched a reddit stream of last night's game on my phone and and Airplayed it to my Apple TV and it was amazing quality

edit: the quality of the stream, not the game

nah fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 15, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Hmmm ok. Thanks y'all.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Hmmm ok. Thanks y'all.

Yeah, it's super clear usually. It really is the best way to stream from what I have tried and I cut the cord years ago.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Finger Prince posted:

Canadians finally have a legit streaming option for Gamepass!
DAZN bought the rights and sells monthly passes for $20 and yearly for $150. Not cheap, but considerably cheaper than what the NFL used to charge, plus it's all games. No blackouts for Thursday/Sunday/Monday nights. I think it has red zone too, plus all the assorted other garbage on NFL network.
Plus they have and are adding other sports, if you enjoy other sports.
They're still kind of flaky though, the PS4 app decided not to work Thursday night so I had to watch on my phone.

I tried the free trial of DAZN yesterday because I couldn't get the Rams game on TV. My experience wasn't as bad as other people have reported, but the quality was pretty poo poo compared to Sunday Ticket on cable and it started doing this weird thing were it would buffer then play the same 15 seconds over three times in a row. I ended up like 3 minutes behind the game chat thread by the end. I honestly think I might just try going with AceStreams for the rest of the season.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

John Brown posted:

I had to play around with which country I signed in from with my VPN. Australia has been working so far but it seemed like most Western European countries would not work for whatever reason. Unrelated, but I got an e-mail from Game Pass Europe a few days ago saying my subscription has expired and I have no idea why or how. Been out of the state for the last week so I haven't been able to test it out, will be very pissed off if it's legit

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

oddly enough everything is still working. i use australia for my vpn and just sign out right after the video starts playing & everything works perfectly. does nfl2go have condensed games?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

doctorthefonz posted:

oddly enough everything is still working. i use australia for my vpn and just sign out right after the video starts playing & everything works perfectly. does nfl2go have condensed games?

Yes, it does.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I wish Amazon would suck it up and do a cast button instead of rely on the Chrome browser window trick

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

I wish Amazon would suck it up and do a cast button instead of rely on the Chrome browser window trick

It's not Amazon, its google, they didn't want to support Amazon on the chromecast so Amazon stopped selling chromecasts. Get a fire stick.

• Locked thread