Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It looks great

What game play changes did they make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can equip and unequip any item that increases your HP for infinite health.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
didnt know that lol.

they made it so you can send equipment/items to storage from the menu which is a great QoL change

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

So you can’t accidentally lose the brushwood armour then lol

Have they changed how the arch stones work or anything?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

You can do free-rolling and not just the cardinal directions or whatever which looks pretty big from the streams ive seen

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

big ups to bluepoint for subtly altering some of the problematic/toxic character designs in demons souls and making the guy in weird pajamas into a yellow menace charicture who is going to get white women addicted to jazz music and opium

nosering
Oct 12, 2012
archstones work exactly the same way, in fact the game is pretty much 1:1 and you can ignore the extremely fail art direction in lieu of the qol changes that, i must agree, are very good. it really does look like doom skyrim but dark souls, which really doesn't do it any favours.

also in the world tendency menu there's an entry for the broken archstone that's greyed out, im sure that's guaranteed dlc right

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

nosering posted:

archstones work exactly the same way, in fact the game is pretty much 1:1 and you can ignore the extremely fail art direction in lieu of the qol changes that, i must agree, are very good. it really does look like doom skyrim but dark souls, which really doesn't do it any favours.

also in the world tendency menu there's an entry for the broken archstone that's greyed out, im sure that's guaranteed dlc right

i dont think they will be releasing any dlc

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Doom skyrim but dark souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Interesting pitch...got any DLC?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i just bought a big fuckoff OLED so this is going to look amazeballs :q:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

A lot of work for the giant arch stone was already done (you can get into the unfinished version with the original ps3 disc) and it wouldn’t totally shock me if they partnered with JAPAN studio or someone else to do something with ut

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Afaik what remained of the demon's souls broken Archstone content was repurposed and used for brume tower in ds2

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The Klowner posted:

Afaik what remained of the demon's souls broken Archstone content was repurposed and used for brume tower in ds2

The castle portion was used as the basis for Painted World in Dark Souls and I believe there was another portion that was used to make Brume Tower

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Arrhythmia posted:

Lets not mislead people. Zenimax-microsoft-bdththesda masterpieces Doom and Skyrim by toodd the godd Howard and bill gates are simply.amazeballs. this is however it another boring circle strrafe hold awesome shield button game albeit with pleasingly nontoxic western art direction

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Lets not mislead people. Zenimax-microsoft-bdththesda masterpieces Doom and Skyrim by toodd the godd Howard and bill gates are simply.amazeballs. this is however it another boring circle strrafe hold awesome shield button game albeit with pleasingly nontoxic western art direction

the aristocrats!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

first big bug after ~20 hours of play, game completely froze and when i restarted (console didnt freeze just the game) it started me about 1 minute before where it froze

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
should i grind for pure bladestone in demon souls or should go through life never knowing if i have what i takes to be the best samurai in boletaria?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

MacPac posted:

should i grind for pure bladestone in demon souls or should go through life never knowing if i have what i takes to be the best samurai in boletaria?

if you like killing the same red samurai over and over and jumping off a cliff waiting for that 4% drop then yes

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqeEl8_RgwY

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have four rings total in my current DAS run, F&P, Havels, Rusted Iron, Abyss Covenant. Was wearing it and Havel's exclusively after Q and realised I had to take it off to enter the Abyss :negative:

Man it tules starting a new build when you know what you're doing. Went with pure str and got man-eater mildred knife and been running through the game. Killed most bosses first try except died once to Capra, Queelaga, and Iron Golem because I was fighting him on the thin part intentionally tot try make him fall off. Couple of deaths to OS but won the first time I got to just S and took no damage. Victory lap ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

classic bob

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been playing cinders mod for ds3. it owns

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoH9h6x59c

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's cool DS2 adds new enemies and ideas in NG+. But in classic DS2 fashion they just added tonnes of hard new enemies to the worst areas of the game already lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

It's cool DS2 adds new enemies and ideas in NG+. But in classic DS2 fashion they just added tonnes of hard new enemies to the worst areas of the game already lol

DS2 gets a lot of poo poo but it is by far my most played souls game of all time. It was amazing when it came out, the PVP was the best in the entire series and for a game the head of the company openly admits was a failed project that had to be scrapped 8 months from release and completely rebuilt its still better than a lot of AAA zillion dollar releases. Bloodborne is my favorite game of all time but, in my mind, what Miyazaki and his team pulled off with that game in that time frame has to be one of the most herculean achievements in game development and they dont get any credit for it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think the backlash it got is a shame because it had a bunch of neat ideas like powerstancing and ascetics. I can't comment on it too much because the only version I can play is SOTFS which apparently has way more enemies which is probably my biggest issue with it. Also the dodge roll stat was a terrible idea. I just think a lot of the issues with it aren't rush things (speculation ofc) but just not a good execution of a cool idea.

Like Duke's Dear Freja appearing halfway through Brightcove for a sneak attack on NG+ is so cool and so sick and I love it so much. The opposite of that is Sinner though where the run up to her has added two titanite demon alikes beside the Flexile Sentry in the lovely water part. And then in her fight added two pyro npcs that spawn halfway through and sprint away from you when you aim for them well she picks you off.

I also thought the Estus shards was a much better idea than kindling and allowed them to make every bonfire warpable due to that. But then they bring back in the diminishing health on death which has always sucked in a a series where they expect you to die plenty and was done perfectly in Dark Souls already.

Anyway my major complaint is that STOFS supplanted the base game but from what I hear SOTFS is more like a romhack of the base game than a good entry to DS2

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there are some very clever and cool encounters in sotfs that ds2 didn't have but there are also some areas that become much more obnoxious in the overhaul. the ideal version of ds2 has a mix of enemy placement from each version for each area

also because of the sekiro and dark souls posting I'm going back to ds3 to finish off the last of the achievements. it's basically just grinding covenant rewards from enemies and going through ng+ to get the rest of the rings. TIL that you can also grind covenant rewards by summoning a friend and killing each other over and over, wish I knew about that years ago but it's too late now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Klowner posted:

there are some very clever and cool encounters in sotfs that ds2 didn't have but there are also some areas that become much more obnoxious in the overhaul. the ideal version of ds2 has a mix of enemy placement from each version for each area

also because of the sekiro and dark souls posting I'm going back to ds3 to finish off the last of the achievements. it's basically just grinding covenant rewards from enemies and going through ng+ to get the rest of the rings. TIL that you can also grind covenant rewards by summoning a friend and killing each other over and over, wish I knew about that years ago but it's too late now

Did some very stupid rear end dragon duels with my friend in our most recent co-op run, though I don't care about the cheevos I just wanted the dragonstone

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’ll probably get back to 3 next month if you end up wanting to grind some out easily for stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How's the switch version of dark lulz 1. It would be cool to play it while making GBS threads.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's a great port, just mentally replace the letter b with the letter a

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Klowner posted:

it's a great port, just mentally replace the letter b with the letter a

Aloodaorne?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

How's the switch version of dark lulz 1. It would be cool to play it while making GBS threads.

the port's fine EXCEPT b is confirm and a is cancel. theres an option to change this in the settings but its greyed out and unusable

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fungah! posted:

the port's fine EXCEPT b is confirm and a is cancel. theres an option to change this in the settings but its greyed out and unusable

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also i had to set dodge to b because i didnt mentally map dodge to circle, i mapped it to the cancel button so i kept hitting b instead of a to dodge

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Lol. Isn't there system level remapping you can do for buttons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol. Isn't there system level remapping you can do for buttons?

yeah but it does it for all games so you've got to change it every time you play somehing else