Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Majula is the best hub, the blue sky area with the Heide knights is beautiful, shrine of Amana is at least unique, dragon aeirie is one of my favorite zones ever. , that giant city map with Dukes Dear Freyja had some really awful spots but it's very unique overall. the run up to drangleic and parts of the castle itself are awesome too.

all of the green foresty areas are pretty bad, except for some spooky areas of Copse. The gutter is lovely but the grave of saints was kind of cool.

the famous Elevator Thing dominates the discourse a lot but I don't think it matters that much. you could read it as an intentional acknowledgement of how much distance is abstracted in this game, or you can read it as a mistake, but either way it didn't affect my enjoyment of Earthen Peak (bad) or the interior (good.)

compare this to 3 which is just castle, swamp, cathedral and then felt like 90% blue tinged interior dungeons after that. i don't remember anything really interesting with location in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

whoa. i can DUALL wield 300 variants of a lovely spear now and the CO-OP experience is almost as good as the classic actually-terrible-game-by-sickos-say-its-good-in-coop borderlands. awesome.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
All souls games are bad. The difference between 2 and 3 is meaningless to me.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

3 was okayish at least it had the decency to be over in like 15 hours unlike 2 which just drags on and on and on much like life why wont it end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

All souls games are bad. The difference between 2 and 3 is meaningless to me.

Now this is true power.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Being stabbed in the stomach what can I say it’s at least unique

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

souls games are the only games I've finished in a long time. idk why. I used to love the mgs series but still never finished 5. haven't finished read dead, god of war, rear end creeds, a half dozen mario games, but the souls games I get through every time

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Majula rocks and imo dark souls 2 is good lol. Has plenty of frustrating parts and it doesn’t have any peaks imo but it’s still good to me

Though I am more chill about it after NG+ where you can effortlessly sprint through the gutter or iron keep in a few miniutee

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Majula sucks. It's a big brown and green empty space with like two buildings. Who likes it???

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Majula sucks. It's a big brown and green empty space with like two buildings. Who likes it???

the majula theme is some of my fav dark souls music tho

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

the majula theme is some of my fav dark souls music tho

the majula theme is cool but much like most of the good stuff in 2 3 uses it better

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think it's nice it's a chill little place with nice views and you slowly fill it up with people you meet out in the world in a more fun way than fire link imo

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

i need to replay 3 again but i remember everything being blue and samey. 2 had some of the best locations, to me, although 1 had a better map overall. in 3 I had no real sense of where I was once I got a ways from Lordran. it took me about a year on and off to get through it so maybe I just don't remember.

i enjoyed 3 initially but it just seems like a slog now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's a cool cliff vista that leads like 6 different places, very nice hub imo

I like DS2 a lot but I haven't played it non co-op since it first came out. There's way more interesting weapons and rings than the other games

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
demon of song is one of the cooler looking souls bosses and it stands out even more because most of 2's bosses are boring trash, which is probably my biggest knock against it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

whatis posted:

demon of song is one of the cooler looking souls bosses and it stands out even more because most of 2's bosses are boring trash, which is probably my biggest knock against it

yeah but it's also boring trash. it has three attacks and they're all swinging arms in big arcs while its face is wide open to beat on. sanme with that fat guy just before earthen peak, he looks cool but the fight's so fuckin easy that it doesn't matter

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

demon of song sucks rear end lol. come on. it was a huge disappointment, like many of the bosses in that game. don't even get me started on the blue smelter demon. and that circling gauntlet before those mini bosses? fantastic poo poo. goty.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The best part of DS2 is driving to GameStop to get 42 cents in store credit for trading it in

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

demon of song is one of the coolest looking bosses in the whole series. you go through the shrine while hearing this stupid song and then it's a horrible face hand frog demon. the actual fight is very brief and sucks rear end, I don't think he's ever killed me

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

that makes him worse OP not better lol

Got my plat on DS2 tonight. Being able to use ascetics to annihilate the rotten 8 times in a row and skip 2/3s of the game is sweet and not even in a dunking on ds2 way

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Demon of song was a pepe frog ref and radicalized me to the altrigjt because 1.the badness of the boss and temple of Amana Showded me all game journos are liars which is why they gave ds2 9/10 scores deapite it being objectively worse than a zx spectrum game. 2. And showed me that all women are perfidous liars because coked out Jessica alba anounnced the game at the spike vga awards 2011 and said she also beat mario(lies)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Demon of song was a pepe frog ref and radicalized me to the altrigjt because 1.the badness of the boss and temple of Amana Showded me all game journos are liars which is why they gave ds2 9/10 scores deapite it being objectively worse than a zx spectrum game. 2. And showed me that all women are perfidous liars because coked out Jessica alba anounnced the game at the spike vga awards 2011 and said she also beat mario(lies)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Miyazaki ftw

quote:

The multiplayer mechanics of the Souls series were inspired by his own personal experience of driving up on a snowy road as cars ahead began slipping back and were pushed up hill by other people in the area. As Miyazaki was unable to give his appreciation to them before leaving the area, he wondered whether the last person in the line had made it to their destination, thinking that he would probably never meet them again. This gave birth to the series' interconnected multiplayer systems, with it attempting to emulate that same sense of silent cooperation in the face of adversity

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the only point I remember really liking DS2 was when I’d spend a couple hours setting up dumb traps and lures in the rat covenant so I could shoot ppl off bridges with a greatbow like my hero DS1 patches invader guy

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finishing up a run with my achievement hunter character. Anri's sword does a pretty great amount of damage with 99 luck, most of the dlc bosses I have left went down in 1 or 2 tries. ringed city final boss is up next then on to the next run through for the rings trophy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

god drat bloodborne is good

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/ignaciomagno_/status/1364995830294458369?s=20

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don’t think his spell could have gone worse

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

does elden ring even exist

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh ye of little faith. all this extra incubation time means it's just going to be that much better when it comes out. I believe in miyazaki-san and his team

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

does elden ring even exist

Same release date as metroid prime 4 and bayonetta3 and pikmin 4 gamer

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
big sony announcement, elden ring being scraped and redone with a new team (without george martin)

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or2klRVPaM0

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
elden ring is real https://twitter.com/aestheticgamer1/status/1366394725440233474?s=21 https://twitter.com/ercountup/status/1366396474985168900?s=21

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
lol getting throwback feels of that initial bloodborne leaked gif of the hunter walking through the door with his gun and doing the saw switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
In case anyone needed any confirmation it's real