Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lady Radia posted:

just tried to read some of the games thread for sekiro to understand more of the lore for some of the endings i know i wont get rn

but hoooly poo poo lol it's just nerds whining that their mage builds from dark souls 2 dont carry over

i 'm having trouble imagining a 183 page thread about builds

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

drilling and training for some serious gatekeeping next month 💪

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Prey slaughtered font* GOALPOSTS MOVED

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

will elden ring be a sort of "schrondinger's game" that exists in a state of quantum uncertainty since it will allegedly be released but will have no before i play wiki or before i play reddit build threads, so how can one actually play it??? makes you think gamers

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sekiro owns because the wiki is tiny comp[ared to souls because there aren't endless build and cheese Strats or stupid lore speculation lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the best thing sekiro did was just put checkpoints everywhere and bonfires 5 seconds away from every boss because gently caress walking back through a maze of elevators

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

extremebuff posted:

the best thing sekiro did was just put checkpoints everywhere and bonfires 5 seconds away from every boss because gently caress walking back through a maze of elevators
Yeah

[games thread voice] actually the walkback gives you time to reflect on what you did wrong during the fight

gently caress off

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

will elden ring be a sort of "schrondinger's game" that exists in a state of quantum uncertainty since it will allegedly be released but will have no before i play wiki or before i play reddit build threads, so how can one actually play it??? makes you think gamers

lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

demon of hatred is KICKING MY BUTT

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
that's his job.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
demon of hatred ftw. feels like climbing up a sheer cliff face at first but soon enough youre hooting and hollering on top of the mountain feeling like a god

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

demon of hatred is KICKING MY BUTT

You will kick his butt. Then, on ng+, you'll kick his rear end.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
personal strategy for demon of hatred, orphan of kos, etc = get absolutely destroyed over and over and get kinda pissy and whiny about it, pace around the room and think abiut how its actually loving impossible, its actually loving BULLSHIT. and for some reason this unlocks the ability to win. ymmv

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

personal strategy for demon of hatred, orphan of kos, etc = get absolutely destroyed over and over and get kinda pissy and whiny about it, pace around the room and think abiut how its actually loving impossible, its actually loving BULLSHIT. and for some reason this unlocks the ability to win. ymmv

i think every tough boss in every souls game made me rage quit that night and then the next time I sat down it would be an effortless win lol.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

this is in the fextralife wiki as well.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

i think every tough boss in every souls game made me rage quit that night and then the next time I sat down it would be an effortless win lol.

You forgot complaining about it on the internet as an essential step but yeah some rest for your mind is what you need

Disclaimer: actually haven't beaten the demon yet lol

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

beating the story last boss was so cathartic i couldn't get it up to grind out doh.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

beating the story last boss was so cathartic i couldn't get it up to grind out doh.

haha cool but what the hell does this mean

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I wanted to grind DoH before trying the last boss in case it gave me something sick, but I ended up not finishing the game instead :negative:

Started a new playthrough recently to get my general skills back up, I'll do it!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wesley Willis - I whupped demon of hatred’s rear end

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

demon of hatred ftw. feels like climbing up a sheer cliff face at first but soon enough youre hooting and hollering on top of the mountain feeling like a god

I got the tude now posted:

Feeling like a god as you conquer each form before the feeling begins anew until you are finally rushing him down for that final deathblow as Rules of Nature roars in your ears

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Me hauling after DoH when he's on his last legs and tries leaping away from me

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Me hauling after DoH when he's on his last legs and tries leaping away from me

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

getting to the third phase reliably now, but fire arena is pain adn im not good at hauling rear end to get out of it. dang. dang!! demon of hatred... I REALLY DISLIKE YOU right no

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fire ring is probably his most annoying thing to deal with, I never got the hang of it. More than any other boss when it came to doing them all in boss rush mode he was the one I took the fewest tries to have doen pay compared to the two possible end bosses and some others. Owl took me a while to be able to get consistently both versions. And after beating him quickly enough first run on NG+ glock saint Isshin was a fucker .

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The best strategy against the demon og hayred is to not fight it since its one of the worsts bosses in history

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

it is one of the best and maybe the best from soft boss also

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
demon of hatred is the only boss i didnt beat without kuros charm and the only reason i havent finished the boss rushes

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

HolePisser1982 posted:

yup

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

mysterious loyall X posted:

The best strategy against the demon og hayred is to not fight it since its one of the worsts bosses in history

wrong, I am getting that patented FromSoft feeling of accomplishment as I get better at hitting his stupid face

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

scary ghost dog posted:

demon of hatred is the only boss i didnt beat without kuros charm and the only reason i havent finished the boss rushes

You should do the Shura gauntlet because it unlocks the coolest costume. DOH third phase isn't bad if you use Yashariku sugar and Malcontent since it stuns him

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

does anyone know how the heck I can deal with the Fireballs without using the spicy umbrella? Feels like each of my attempts to dodge get snuffed out

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lady Radia posted:

does anyone know how the heck I can deal with the Fireballs without using the spicy umbrella? Feels like each of my attempts to dodge get snuffed out

When he shakes his head? Sprint to the side and circle him if you’re in close. Always sprinting

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Rock over lothric; rock on anor londo
Wheaties: the estus of champions

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Quarterroys posted:

Rock over lothric; rock on anor londo
Wheaties: the estus of champions

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

extremebuff posted:

Sekiro is definitely the best Fromsoft game, for one more month