Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol If youre not using ghost hits/dead angles to buttfuck these turtle knights. Resident Sleeper MonkaS Haha kappa. Can you bring up tyour equip screen again?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Tom Cruise laughing jumping from my DX Racer to the Red Bull minifridge when I peeped your Bone Archer strats

lmfao

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

can someone please xplain to me wat monka means

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bob has told me before to stream it but he didn't mention any of that lmao.

I messed up a bunch of times on the way to Taurus demon and just decided gently caress it I'll practice the pattern and lmao dear penthouse I never thought it would happen to me

https://twitter.com/emmyoksa/status/1138395940845494273

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
take off all your armour and fight it again .. thats the only advice i will give u. that fast roll is precious

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Tom Cruise laughing jumping from my DX Racer to the Red Bull minifridge when I peeped your Bone Archer strats

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

I messed up a bunch of times on the way to Taurus demon and just decided gently caress it I'll practice the pattern and lmao dear penthouse I never thought it would happen to me

Lol awesome

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hell yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Nice... I've never gotten that to happen in all the times I've played DS

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

sick.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
lol. ive never gotten him to do that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
then again i usually just batter him with an electric wooden club until he dies in 5 seconds

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

There's so much good poo poo in Dark Souls. I look forward to seeing how you deal with what's next. Overcoming the Taurus Demon and that initial area for the first time is a fond gaming memory of mine. Then there's the whole experience of just getting to grips with the game, up until the Fortress. And then, conquering that tower after so much strife, arising from it a transformed gamer.

God. I love videogames.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

I.N.R.I posted:

then again i usually just batter him with an electric wooden club until he dies in 5 seconds

i love running a weapon up and murdering taurus lol

i got him in one drop attack one time but i cant remember what i used. maybe leveled bkh??

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I never did that to Taurus but accidentally beating a similar boss in Sekiro the same sort of way was funny

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Dark Souls is a life changing game.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

can someone please xplain to me wat monka means

it's an emote that people use to mean being nervous, scared, anxious about something you think is going to happen

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

it's an emote that people use to mean being nervous, scared, anxious about something you think is going to happen

lol thank you i finally understand why the northernlion crew kept calling things/situations “minkiss”

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you haven't seen it then it's a pepe frog that shakes and looks scared.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is resistance worth increasing? I keep getting poisoned by these big rat lads under the bridge and i'm screwed once it happens. I might also kindle this bonfire because the one time the rats didn't poison me I seen a big monster looking thing hanging out with the skeltons in the start of Undead Parish. I met the sun knight which was nice though.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Is resistance worth increasing? I keep getting poisoned by these big rat lads under the bridge and i'm screwed once it happens. I might also kindle this bonfire because the one time the rats didn't poison me I seen a big monster looking thing hanging out with the skeltons in the start of Undead Parish. I met the sun knight which was nice though.

Resistance doesn't do anything in this game, it should never be levelled. Equip the gear with the highest poison resistance and have some Purple Moss handy. The merchant in the aqueduct when you head from Firelink to Undead Burg sells it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Mods pls rename me Big Rat Lad

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The absolute fear of when you can choose two paths and hoping you're selecting the one that will lead to the next bonfire and not the one that leads to a skeleton party.

Bolverkur posted:

Resistance doesn't do anything in this game, it should never be levelled. Equip the gear with the highest poison resistance and have some Purple Moss handy. The merchant in the aqueduct when you head from Firelink to Undead Burg sells it.

Neat I ended up just improving my vit, str, and end stats again. I got used to how to beat the rats relatively safely. I have only found one merchant so far in undead burgh but I didn't see any purple moss I think.

Took me a while to understand the pig part but eventually figured out how to safely draw each enemy and deal with the crossbow folks. Tried to ignore them once and their pal way in the back followed me into the tunnel and killed me. Opened the gate for the pig on the otherside and found a bonfire eventually, so stressful but so fun. Think I might have heard a blacksmith which is what lead me to the bonfire.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the noise and ambient effects in ds1 are epic. i think theres a youtube where some guy isolated most of the background noise from each area and its super loving creepy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Thanks

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Is resistance worth increasing?

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0os3fbOSbB6

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

the noise and ambient effects in ds1 are epic. i think theres a youtube where some guy isolated most of the background noise from each area and its super loving creepy

This, and i’ve never done it but bloodborne supposedly is crazy through headphones so i might play it again soon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Oh Long Johnson posted:

This, and i’ve never done it but bloodborne supposedly is crazy through headphones so i might play it again soon

high quality sound through headphones is incredible for bb

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I died a bunch to a knight with a big shield and mace just up from the bonfire with the blacksmith. Kept trying to dodge roll past him and being pasted when I messed up timing because I'm trying not to be boring and cautious behind the shield always. After a few deaths realised he was easy to bait and I just had to step in and out quickly and beat his rear end with no damage. So satisfying.

Then I got ambushed buy a wizard and like 30 of his pals. Next time around i accidentally got in an elevator by mistake and ended up back at Firelink shrine which is super handy. I have to go and murder the wizard but also I want to work back through the start of the game because I found a basement key and mystery key and want to see if I can find where they go. Also met a knight with an onion head who seems nice.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Hmmm?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hmmm?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol keep up the good work OP

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

EmmyOk posted:

I died a bunch to a knight with a big shield and mace just up from the bonfire with the blacksmith. Kept trying to dodge roll past him and being pasted when I messed up timing because I'm trying not to be boring and cautious behind the shield always. After a few deaths realised he was easy to bait and I just had to step in and out quickly and beat his rear end with no damage. So satisfying.

Then I got ambushed buy a wizard and like 30 of his pals. Next time around i accidentally got in an elevator by mistake and ended up back at Firelink shrine which is super handy. I have to go and murder the wizard but also I want to work back through the start of the game because I found a basement key and mystery key and want to see if I can find where they go. Also met a knight with an onion head who seems nice.

well you've learned not to use the shield as a crutch faster than i did lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That feel when every single blood stain is a guy with a gigantic shield trying to show off.