Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

chugging all of your heals before a fight is the souls equivalent of ripping off your shirt for a major boss in yakuza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
chugging all your estus and getting stanced up for a dope 1v1 then his summon runs up behind you and backstabs with smoughs hammer well what is it

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/berserksouls/status/1388880207365525509?s=20

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

a good spirited duel where youre taking momentary breaks to use the clap emote or drop Very Good! stones is the best poo poo ever, but invading someone whos like clearly pissing themselves scared and then using the weird voice rocks and gestures to help them through the level gives it a run for its money

waiting for them to get to the bonfire as a mad phantom knowing they won't be able to light it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think my favourite encounter was being summoned by a host with a helper and emoting a bunch until a dark invader showed up then just all figuring out that he and the host would duel while I duelled the helper and spamming emotes and hello carvings ftw

Or standing by and letting the host duel an invader then applauding and letting him heal before you two duel

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

glad to see demon ruins is worse than ever

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

EmmyOk posted:

waiting for them to get to the bonfire as a mad phantom knowing they won't be able to light it

When the game first dropped I would help people as a mad phantom in the undead settlement unlock all the shortcuts and beat all the enemies and then the last thing I’d do is take them up to free the npc in the cage and after they did that I would kick them to their death

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I think my favourite encounter was being summoned by a host with a helper and emoting a bunch until a dark invader showed up then just all figuring out that he and the host would duel while I duelled the helper and spamming emotes and hello carvings ftw

Or standing by and letting the host duel an invader then applauding and letting him heal before you two duel

nicest guy you ever meet

a Loving Dog posted:

When the game first dropped I would help people as a mad phantom in the undead settlement unlock all the shortcuts and beat all the enemies and then the last thing I’d do is take them up to free the npc in the cage and after they did that I would kick them to their death

twisted loving psychopath

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog posted:

Lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

nicest guy you ever meet

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

nicest guy you ever meet

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my favorite invading story was in demons souls, i invaded the same guy in 4-2 like three times because no one else was around, then he invaded me and cleared the level for me like 90% of the way to the boss. sadly i fell in a slug pit right before the boss door and got fuckin murked as he stood above me and did the sorrow gesture over and over

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got invaded in the dark souls 3 ringed city poison swamp and we were both taking cover from the angels shooting laser beams, the angels don't give a poo poo about what team youre on lol. kept getting into little scuffles under cover until one of us got pushed out and then the fight would move to the next cover

he leads me to one of the big humanity demons to try and get an edge and, it turns out they're also on team_free and it immediately crushed him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

God I forgot about the miserable angel turrets, what the gently caress was that about

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

these life shrinking enemies are so bad lol, they can infect you with it with no metre so you just have to leave until you can heal and there's a room with 7 of them just hanging out lol. Insanely dull.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i invaded into a gank squad in profaned capital and managed to get away, then hid next to the hand demon for like ten minutes while i tried to figure out wtf to do. eventually the host got poisoned by the swamp so i watched his health bar move around the level until he got directly under me and fuckin obliterated him with a sneak attack plunging black knight gs attack out of nowhere as his summons ran around like morons

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

the basilisk ambush when you fight that mimic. demon ruins and this place has been a miserable back to back

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

the basilisk ambush when you fight that mimic. demon ruins and this place has been a miserable back to back

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

these life shrinking enemies are so bad lol, they can infect you with it with no metre so you just have to leave until you can heal and there's a room with 7 of them just hanging out lol. Insanely dull.

the health shrinking is terrifying but theyre really slow and frail, you can run up and kill them before they do anything

in the room with a ton of them theres a really fun way to deal with them if you look around lol.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
going to invade some noobs in demons souls remake right now. i love how damaging it is to kill a host in this game.....they always freak out when they realize they’ll lose their body form and they usually dont even know about world tendency lol.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

the health shrinking is terrifying but theyre really slow and frail, you can run up and kill them before they do anything

in the room with a ton of them theres a really fun way to deal with them if you look around lol.

lol I just realised why that one random dude is in jail :twisted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

lol I just realised why that one random dude is in jail :twisted:

its epic. also, mimics are always on team mimic and will fight anything, really fun to mess with

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

There's one point in 3 where you can make a ds1 style mimic and a ds2 style mimic fight each other I think

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always make the mimic and the demon in the ruins fight each other. Sometimes the skeletons join in and out becomes an all out brawl, it owns

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Apparently if you look at those mods where they set enemies against each other to see who wins Aldrich cleans up because his DPS is just absurdly high

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Got to yhorm tonight and lol why was tha there. Took me a few tries to figure out how to unleash the max power.

Wound up with Emma then and wandered out the front door and realised I was back in the starting area and there were like 5 summon signs at the door lol. Wandered back in cos figured I’d missed something and almost had a heart attack when the cutscene for dancer started playing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Wound up with Emma then and wandered out the front door and realised I was back in the starting area and there were like 5 summon signs at the door lol. Wandered back in cos figured I’d missed something and almost had a heart attack when the cutscene for dancer started playing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

flashbacks of wormskull fighting dancer super underleveled for 13 hours straight because he absolutely refused to explore any other area

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremebuff posted:

flashbacks of wormskull fighting dancer super underleveled for 13 hours straight because he absolutely refused to explore any other area

lmao ty I was trying to remember which poster it was

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

EmmyOk posted:

Got to yhorm tonight and lol why was tha there.
Lore interpretation
He wanted to die

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The real question is why are there two

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
something something sixth archstone

Profaned Capital is one of the coolest areas of DS3 and I wish it was way bigger. The Laddersmith Gilligan bit was neat

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It was a cool area for sure but all the enemies were bad I thought. The stone lads were cool but then just like 8 fire mages standing in a group and it was easy to punch them up. Then the spider boys in the swamp as well are weak and easy too. The hand demon was cool but not sure if my weapons were bad for him but he took ages to beat down so I couldn’t bother taking on three of them

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
dancer is my favorite boss in ds3

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Did dancer there, she's neat but a solid midtier boss I feel, her and AW tied behind pontiff atm for me but I hear a lot of great bosses left. Died to her super spin between phases twice then won the third go.

Also lmfao at the deep powerful beheading ceremony to lower a fire escape

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think Dancer is slightly overrated because her animations are so sick. She's a very fun fight don't get me wrong

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pontiff been head and shoulders above the rest so far, I'd put her an AW just behind though but they weren't as hard so didn't get under my skin the same way. Pontiff took me like 30 tries originally lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dancer is an S tier boss for me, especially since you can fight her whenever you want and do a gigantic sequence break if youre good. everything beyond her also owns and is my favorite part of the game