Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

modern day napoleon developing an entire martial art around presenting your rear end to the enemy, dashing rear end-first through them, and backstabbing them. and building a vast empire with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Those back steps are so cool I might have to try them.

Working though ashes atm and not loving it, it’s just a big field with enemies dotted randomly all round it so far. Found a church that seems like a dead end and now a tower with some knights. Really tough enemies but very cool ones. Just run past all the wolves though, very dull and confusing geography

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i like fighting the wolves sometimes because theyve got cool AI patterns but mostly i just run past

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

i like fighting the wolves sometimes because theyve got cool AI patterns but mostly i just run past

They’re cool because they’re like a working version of dark souls dogs that aren’t a chore to fight but there’s tonnes of them in a big open area

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

They’re cool because they’re like a working version of dark souls dogs that aren’t a chore to fight but there’s tonnes of them in a big open area

yeah pretty much. it's also super easy to trick their AI into doing the circle at a distance thing and then fall off a cliff so most of the time i just do that, but its really cool that they clearly spent a lot of time making them fight like a wolfpack

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I've been yelling about how Bloodborne needs to be on PC for years now and then today suddenly I'm informed that PSNow exists and Bloodborne is on it and this has been true for years.

FINALLY

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the wolves are my favorite enemy in the ashes dlc. really smart ai but they're actually manageable to fight in groups

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ashes is absolutely abysmal. Crow village was fun with cool enemy types but the huge open areas that are super hard to navigate before and after it are unbelievably dull and long. I kill all the enemies and there is nothing to find so once I died once in each area I found 0 reason not just just sprint past the twenty identical encounters with the hollows or the red-awning wolves who are super dull too. The knights are cool but they've only placed them in lovely areas where they pair with each other or wolves. I didn't like demon ruins either but this is definitely the nadir of the game so far, a total wet fart that I just want get through asap cos I heard the boss is good.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
it's a sick boss. some of the best screams in gaming, BB tier easily

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah ashes is really short and has good moments and a great final boss but it sucks overall. ringed city is amazing start to finish imo

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

extremebuff posted:

one time I ran into a sign in farron keep by a wall that said 'try backstep' and I did facing the sign and I got stuck in the geometry with no way to escape

lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Come... Sekiro

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ashes is badass and has tons of cool weapons. Farewell

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The areas are all really lame imo but decor for crow village which was cool. And the first boss being just some guy with a lovely Sid halfway through come on now

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're gonna love the main boss of ashes. Lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fried is okay. Her final form is hard but the other two rounds I beat first try and now it already feels like a slog tbh even four goes in

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The fly men are the grossest thing ever and made me wanna throw up

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They are so cross I hated that room lol

Friede down and loved her final phase took like ten tries to beat her three phases all told. But feel they should have separated the first two out as they became a slog and the second phase could be annoying because friede might be super passive and heal her dad early or just be chasing you a tonne

Is the drag heap the start of the next?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

COol. Over all I rate Fried A+ but her final phase is such jump up to the other two it's bit silly. What a final phase though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

COol. Over all I rate Fried A+ but her final phase is such jump up to the other two it's bit silly. What a final phase though.

i love that they give you a big treasure once you beat phase 2 just to make you poo poo your pants when it's not over

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Holy poo poo killing Ludwig is maybe the most satisfying souls boss kiill since O&S

gently caress yes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

i love that they give you a big treasure once you beat phase 2 just to make you poo poo your pants when it's not over

Pmfao ya that was p funny, I had the GA reveal spoiled for me in Sekiro so it was a nice treat

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quarterroys posted:

Holy poo poo killing Ludwig is maybe the most satisfying souls boss kiill since O&S

gently caress yes

This

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Final thought on friede would be to delete phase 2 and use the ho to buff phase 1 and 3 and that’s an all timer. Though she’s already A grade

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Final thought on friede would be to delete phase 2 and use the ho to buff phase 1 and 3 and that’s an all timer. Though she’s already A grade

phase 2 can be a total mess. if theyre both aggressive all you can do is run and wait for one to back off, but youll probably eat poo poo lol.

or it can be a joke, big one can be stunned and visceraled really easily for like 80% and then fried is a chump on her own

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

I've been yelling about how Bloodborne needs to be on PC for years now and then today suddenly I'm informed that PSNow exists and Bloodborne is on it and this has been true for years.

FINALLY

I played it this way and found it overall upsetting, the frame rate is all over the place and the screen gets all muddy and fragmented when the stream decides to poo poo itself. From what I understand Bloodborne has a few issues in those departments already so it isn't ideal. Also no DLC

Better than not playing it at all but it just made me really want a "real" port

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

phase 2 can be a total mess. if theyre both aggressive all you can do is run and wait for one to back off, but youll probably eat poo poo lol.

or it can be a joke, big one can be stunned and visceraled really easily for like 80% and then fried is a chump on her own

Yeah exactly, I think I only died to phase 2 on my first run and a random run halfway through. But it was always my least favourite due to how much their aggression varies. Sometimes Ariandel just stays ina corner and she tries to heal him at like 80% and he immediately staggers. Other times they both won’t stop chasing you and she never heals him and the stagger doesn’t come

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
did you find the other boss in ashes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

did you find the other boss in ashes

Ya lol. I ended up having to google because I’m a dummy and thought I needed some item for the girl doing the painting and had totally missed the lever in the fly room but also saw the boss o misse. Cannot believe it was just some lad and then a wolf. Possibly their lowest effort yet

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Quarterroys posted:

gently caress yes

hes the third best boss in the dlc, buckle up

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Ya lol. I ended up having to google because I’m a dummy and thought I needed some item for the girl doing the painting and had totally missed the lever in the fly room but also saw the boss o misse. Cannot believe it was just some lad and then a wolf. Possibly their lowest effort yet

the weapon you get from him is my favorite in the game

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just starting ringed city and love it already because the twisted city and old lady remind me of Labyrinth lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This area is wildly different for a souls area, falling everywhere stuff happening in the environment, insane

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol a swamp where you're constantly being attacked by a sky high enemy that can also do homing curse areas on you and I got invaded. My mistake this is another insanely bad area lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

insanely badass you mean

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

insanely badass you mean

The first part ruled for sure but a swamp with a flying enemy spamming attacks is bad imo lol. Just got to the ringed city itself. Demon prince fight was okay, solid mid tier fight but I'm glad the first phase was easy because I dislike double bosses. Almost beat it first try but just ran out of healing and got it second time. Pretty lucky though because the prince didn't use his really annoying attacks from my first run where he summons orbs to fire on you

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

oh a mother area where they idea is to run through the area as fast as possible ignoring things lol, the dlc imo is signicifcantly worse than the vanilla game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think its very important that the last dark souls content has a poison swamp in it. also did you see earthen peak at the top of the trash heap at the end of the universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

EmmyOk posted:

oh a mother area where they idea is to run through the area as fast as possible ignoring things lol, the dlc imo is signicifcantly worse than the vanilla game.

youre dead wrong on the ringed city but to each their own