Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's class tbh, I love spending time in this world. Spent a while clearing out stone fang and past the spider is a total maze full of endless goodies. Found the boos fog door dropping down a big whole but got ambushed by lava worms. Eventually found another route to it and won my first pop at him thank god because the route was annoying. I thought he'd be a tough task he just would do the same big swing at me every time.

e: they renamed the red hot demons soul the searing demons soul which is lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

that shark dude in the Fishing Hamlet well does not gently caress around and then I discovered his friend on the ceiling

that is some diabolical poo poo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Maneartes sucked so much. I had heard they were BS but had assumed they were just hard as most duo bosses are and they maybe didn't have a good ai to take turns but no the first lad for ages would just gently caress off flying doing god knows what shite. then he'd come back and land, and I'd take a footstep forward and he'd gently caress back off again. Got lucky on my second run that the first lad stuck still for a minute as the second arrived and nearly killed him, then I ran off to hid behind the barbecue and he ended up landing behind me and was able to kill him and so it was 1 v 1 for most of it. Second guy was a pain in the arse because every attack he did would come close to knocking me off the edge of the map and he also was just standing on the edge of the map on his side so I couldn't roll around him. Just tanked hits and used like 10 hefty grasses. What a hateful shitfest it was.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Maneartes sucked so much. I had heard they were BS but had assumed they were just hard as most duo bosses are and they maybe didn't have a good ai to take turns but no the first lad for ages would just gently caress off flying doing god knows what shite. then he'd come back and land, and I'd take a footstep forward and he'd gently caress back off again. Got lucky on my second run that the first lad stuck still for a minute as the second arrived and nearly killed him, then I ran off to hid behind the barbecue and he ended up landing behind me and was able to kill him and so it was 1 v 1 for most of it. Second guy was a pain in the arse because every attack he did would come close to knocking me off the edge of the map and he also was just standing on the edge of the map on his side so I couldn't roll around him. Just tanked hits and used like 10 hefty grasses. What a hateful shitfest it was.

one of the worst bosses in any video game lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

DS3 is calling me back... trying to decide on a fun build. Think I've done dex/pyro and big strength fella. Are faith builds any good or are they the miserable chore they are in DS2 (esp DLCs)

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
magic in general is a lot more forgiving to spec into in ds3 imo. it's not utterly broken like in Des/ds but not garbage like ds2. It kind of depends what playstyle you mean by faith based build i guess, because there are many different kinds of mirscles and it's pretty easy to get a decent variety of spells + useful rings early on.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think I might go faith/str and focus on fist weapons with faith buffs and equipment that increases damage on consecutive hits

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 16, 2021

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
punchy paladin sounds awesome lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i recommend everyone play cinders if you have 100s of hours into ds3 like me. it moves enough stuff around to feel fresh, i'm dying a lot again like a first run through which is cool

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Waiting to do the monk invasions till later as they still count as character black tendency and trying to do white first. Put my blue marker outside maneaters to be nice and instantly summoned to be the black phantom for the monk lol. Host died before getting to the fog door so I got the head wrap and according to the wiki it only affects character tendency if you kill them yourself not if they die in the level lol

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

DS3 is calling me back... trying to decide on a fun build. Think I've done dex/pyro and big strength fella. Are faith builds any good or are they the miserable chore they are in DS2 (esp DLCs)

The most fun faith build IMO revolves around the Sunlight Talisman, found in Farron Keep. It's L2 will cast miracles with full DS1 style poise at the cost of marginally more FP. Combine this with the close range AOE faith spells like Lightning Stake and Lightning Storm and you will destory PVE and PVP alike. It feels really good to have a group of mobs or invaders surrounding you and then one shotting them with this.

You can also combine the Sunlight Straight Sword's skill Oath of Sunlight with Lightning Blade and get over 600 AR per swing with the straight sword moveset if you want to annihilate things with melee.

Basically Solaire's armaments are both OP, as they should be

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

i recommend everyone play cinders if you have 100s of hours into ds3 like me. it moves enough stuff around to feel fresh, i'm dying a lot again like a first run through which is cool

Oh yeah I might try this. Sucks that you cant go online though

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think I might go faith/str and focus on fist weapons with faith buffs and equipment that increases damage on consecutive hits

I did a claws with lightning/sunlight blade build which was fine. In hindsight it might be cool to do an enchantment pyro where you buff a fist weapon with appropriate damage based on the area

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

no boss has killed me more than twice but the pure black world tendency black phantoms have one shot me a bunch lol, very lovely fights imo. just a regular enemy that can one hit kill you with any basic attack and absurdly tacky hp and stun wise

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

no boss has killed me more than twice but the pure black world tendency black phantoms have one shot me a bunch lol, very lovely fights imo. just a regular enemy that can one hit kill you with any basic attack and absurdly tacky hp and stun wise

i remember the hidden npc fights all being super hard and you basically have to cheese them. especially because youll take 10 minutes chopping them down and then they just eat a full moongrass and you cant do anything about it lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

i remember the hidden npc fights all being super hard and you basically have to cheese them. especially because youll take 10 minutes chopping them down and then they just eat a full moongrass and you cant do anything about it lol

Luckily that didn't happen. Only did 2 so far which was Scirvir and he cast regeneration right at the start of the fight unless you interrupt him and then you just have to wait for him to deplete his MP for his one hit kill fireballs. Though his dagger was a two hit kill so used the shield and meat cleaver to slowly whittle him down lol.

Penetraotr ended up being the boss that killed me most other than dragon lord and tied with spider. For a fight non one remembers he was the most challenging boss imo

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The dragon god fight was incredibly disappointing

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah it's lame lol, he killed me three times before I figured it out. Thought at first the gaps you hide in were safe from punches rather than just vision. But even after figuring out I was supposed to sneak he's so big and standing over you it's hard to tell at what point he is and isn't actually looking at you imo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

a Loving Dog posted:

The "Curse of Attraction" is cool but extra red eyes knights everywhere is really harsh. I'm getting my rear end kicked.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Having the guy help you fight penetrator may be easy mode but it felt cool to finally get some benefit for trying to be a nice guy throughout the whole game

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

The "Curse of Attraction" is cool but extra red eyes knights everywhere is really harsh. I'm getting my rear end kicked.

Yeah I am getting creamed lol. Also you can go online but if you do it on your main steam account you can get banned from regular ds3 online and get placed in the cheaters pool or whatever, so it’s recommended you make a new account and family share

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When I'm doing the monk fights and the host doesn't bow back

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

EmmyOk posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

rofl hell yes

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

hahahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

hahaha

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

EmmyOk posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Only the final two areas of 5 left, and did False king gallant early on SL 64 where I've stuck for a while because the game just stopped having dangerous enemies after it let me get a halberd to +7 in world 2. Haven't even done a good build because I spent stuff on miracles and magic to buy the boss ones for collecting.

I tried to do Old King Doran but he has 2700 hp and every attack does 27 damage to him and he can almost one shot me in human form and halfway through I backed off to heal and he healed to full HP :negative:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

played thru the first couple of zones today and not sure this is the way to go... caestus doesn't seem to stagger enemies reliably enough and the damage output is bad. Need to see if it comes online when I get a few miracles and maybe infuse

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

played thru the first couple of zones today and not sure this is the way to go... caestus doesn't seem to stagger enemies reliably enough and the damage output is bad. Need to see if it comes online when I get a few miracles and maybe infuse

big problem is probably that caestus is quality scaling, maybe try using a heavy gem and see if that does anything? theyve got lousy stagger though. check out demon fists in catacombs, maybe, they've got partial faith scaling built in

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I think a lot of builds in 3 have the problem where they’re really bad until like halfway through the game and you have to commit to the idea while it isn’t super fun

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
could always respec in the cathedral of the deep but that’s cheating

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

B U I L D S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

big problem is probably that caestus is quality scaling, maybe try using a heavy gem and see if that does anything? theyve got lousy stagger though. check out demon fists in catacombs, maybe, they've got partial faith scaling built in

Yeah I'm gonna get the demon fists, that was the plan anyway