Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

>PC gaming

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I completed DS2 before knowing it's hated by everyone and thought it was good, so it's good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i thought the ds2 dlc was very good

In Training posted:

The frozen area is one of my all time souls favs

OH yeah totally. I played DeSo, DaSo, and DaSo II back to back within like a month of time a few summers ago and get the areas muddled in my head, so I didn't know that was DS2. It's a drat good game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

despite being lacking in some areas, DS2 had one of my favorite character builds i'd ever done: powerstanced rapiers with the leo ring, where he would barrel through combat trying to get as much counter damage as possible off of attacking enemies

Using a bigass hammer to smash everything in 2-3 hits was very satisfying. I feel like it was way easier to actually spec your character in that game since the stats were clearly identified and labeled. Fast roll heavy armor FTW

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I really liked having a hubworld with numbered levels. Demon's Souls is basically a twisted Mega Man game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

One time me & fairport trapped an invader at the bottom of an elevator shaft, throwing Hello items down at him for like 10 minutes until he jumped off a ledge

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TFW you finally defeat Phalanx

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Maiden Astrea is the most feelsy boss in the series

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dork Souls

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've played all these games and retained none of the Lore, so whenever anyone talks about it it's like that wormskull post in my mind

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

you know you guys don't have to commit seppuku just because bbg got banned again right

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh Long Johnson posted:

RIP scraping spear and acid cloud build

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

IMO after BB it's really hard to go back to Souls games, and shields are only part of the reason why

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

kentaro miura is writing froms new dark fantasy whatever game so maybe itll have a good story idk

yea but Renshiro Uchiha Daibatsushizenomo is directing so, natch, heh.. let's just say things will get weird

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The lighting in your sex offender registry picture is really good too

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Demon's Souls FTW

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tower of Latria is the scariest level I've ever played in a game, it's so dense with spooks and incredibly easy to get lost in

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The narrow crumbling staircases in Latria that winded up into the sky that often had some crappy edible item at the top of them ftw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yeah changing world tendency to white was a pain

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Thinking about the time Brad was playing Demon Souls and talking about something he saw on South Park and he couldn't help cracking up and Drew came in on the mic and said "All your souls, are belong to you, Brad."

That's literally episode 1, the first minute of Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

He also got all his poo poo broken by an acid cloud/scraping spear invader and got hella pissed off

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

I would take the monkey's paw wish of doing stream shout outs n stuff in exchange for playing video games for a living in a heartbeat and tbh you're a fool if you wouldn't

Blindly putting your entire livelihood in the hands of a soulless megacorporation who at any time could cut your take home cash in half and would gladly firebomb 10,000 somalis if it meant a yearly net gain of 0.02% for the win my bitch. Shoutouts to Bunkbed Crew and BedheadBilly thanks for the 3 dollars

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

you can keep going, to escape the fat guys.

Life wisdom.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh shut the gently caress up lyle you old queen

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bob perfectly encapsulates the worst part of streaming. Like the time I had some random guy flooding my chat with unwarranted Final Fantasy X tips

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

let the man sell his chunks in peace

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

thats literally just the bit from the ringed city with all of the phantom archers in the bg

what the hell that's not real?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There's really nothing to tell if you're already familiar with the series. Remember to make use of your weapon swap combos

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The big guys near the beginning of the game are good to practice your parrying on if you're bad at that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Wow, the last 5 pages of this thread really make this game look absolutely Awesomesauce, and not gay at all.

You down for a Stardew Valley runless, screenless, 5 foraging/fishing MAX, packless cavedive relay race?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

pc gaming

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i played Dark Souls 1, 2, and Demon Souls on my PS3 by putting the discs in and playing them

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

That would be too on the nose. But then again. That’s fitting in it’s own way I suppose.

Have you seen American Dad? I can imagine American Dad saying that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bloodborne ftw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm gonna play it again and coop with ps plus newbehs

I kinda wanna do that too

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

been playing BB again

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i just keep running around the most populated areas helping noobs out in BB, it's really fun

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mom, or some say Mother, grant us 5 Guys

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You have entered the world of TrumpBeavis.

Let's loving do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bloodborne owns