Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Made a new BB character, and making progress fast! I love how you never lose the touch really, even after a long while of not playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Skylark posted:

Just did new londo ruins / four kings on the bus, switch ftw. New londo ruins always scared me alot but at this point i feel like its kind of chill.. i love ghosts after all, and if you take your time and focus on exploring, theres cool vibes to take in. Its honestly one of the most mellow introspective areas in the game if you play it a certain way....

Oh Long Johnson posted:

The part where you lower the water and realize the floor is a pile of writhing undead that were trapped underneath is really good

I wasn't sure how to think about it, but that moment was awesome and made it one of my favorite areas

Probably smells disgusting

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Please keep fighting on, I want you to get to the dlc.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

I always take a ton of time on Tseldora area because I always take the pig to the mushrooms, even though I've pretty much never used the Pickaxe afterwards.

I just want him to eat I guess

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Just give them advice, jeez... Disrespectful, shameful gamers

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm ashamed to admit I never got around to the DS2 or DS3 dlc except for ashes of ariandel. They just came out after I had already beat each game 4 or 5 times and I'm a little burnt. Maybe in a year I'll get to them.

Dude, the DS2 dlc is incredible, try to play them soon if you can

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Hell yeah! I figured I need to just focus one of them down but could never quite pull it off. Got the blacksmith to make my longsword from 0 to +3 from the titanite shards some boys dropped and just tore into the guy! I think his tail fell off and I got an axe lol. That's a neat detail, the next guy gave me a helmet which didn't make as much sense but cool!

Freed a man in a cell also while exploring but a note called him a miscreant

Nice! I could never get that drat Helmet to drop

Lautrec is awesome and also an rear end in a top hat

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Man, I'm so pissed off. I couldn't beat Friede no matter how hard I tried, always barely getting to the third form and immediately getting destroyed.
No matter what I did, she'd kick my stupid rear end, no matter what tactics or weapons.

Then I just leveled up Blood Manikin Claws and spammed L1 combo over and over and she couldn't even fight back, I just bullied her in a corner. I wasnt happy when I beat her, I just felt like an rear end in a top hat

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Thank you Skylark, haven't laughed this hard in a while

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Switching to two handed the second I enter a boss room

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Went back to the Asylum on a friend's advice for some ring and an optional enemy which I figured was our old pal who rescued us turned hollow.

Did you go back to jail cell you started in? There should be something there

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I was deciding if I needed to use a homeward bone when he followed me down lol. Fun area. Started using the Zweihander and it just pancakes everything lol

Sen's Fortress rules. Unlike the other areas, it's built to be beaten in one direction pretty much, so it's tightly designed and geared a certain way, it's nice.

Chaos Zweihander +5

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

i accidentally went into a painting and i cant go home

Haha, that's what the doll from the Asylum was for

But yeah, there's no reason to kill the boss there if you don't want to. It's up to your Chosen Undead

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

The real problem is the red wing guys tbh I just can't reliably beat them with the Zweihander because it's so slow

Here's my secret for those guys to reliably kill them while taking no damage: make them fall off cliffs. Yeah, the winged guys forget they can fly if they're in any other animation

Always be cheap with enemies, Dark Souls always rewards you for it

Oh, gotta ask, in sen's Fortress boss, did you summon Tarkus?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

No I found the summon sign area and a player message saying try humanity. And for some reason I thought "oh some NPC must appear when I'm human, I'll do that once I beat the boss :downs:". I found his armour beside the Ariamis painting though!

Too late, but he's a funny npc. Most npc phantoms you can summon aren't great, mostly there to distract the boss. But for some reason Tarkus is a badass. Strong, good AI, there's videos out there where he completely solos the boss on his own without any help. He often rushes the golem and launches him off the cliff in seconds

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Hell yeah, great space management and timing!

No matter how much Souls I play, I always get too greedy with hits and am quickly owned

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

It pisses me off that Ornstein, Artorias, and Smough's armor is like in all the games...

But Ciaran's was only in 1. That set rules, and would be great with cloth physics.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Once I found out Gwyn could be parried I didn’t want to beat him any other way lol so it took a bit longer than expected. ty ty all friends for helping me with the hard parts :hai:

Hopefully the thread knows Das2 as comprehensively. Or just Bob perhaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6fDaa0NpfM

DS2 really is cool, it's actually one of my favs surprisingly. Mainly for the reason others have said, it's really really fast to start a build in a particularly direction, so you can start playing around. And you get so many levels + a mechanic to reallocate your stats

Also the DLC is really really good

There is no bad Souls imo, they're just different

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

They should have called it Dark Soulless.

Rude

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

I always feel weird when I think about how Dark Souls 2 is probably my favorite of the whole series(not counting Bloodborne).

Also Ivory King rules because he's the only character who's backstory doesn't make him into a stupid rear end in a top hat, he's just cool the whole time

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

whatis posted:

im sure some people already know this, but if you kill alonne without taking a hit, his death animation is him committing seppuku in shame

This was so drat cool. I wish they would do more special deaths like that

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

click on this if u want to be transformed into the angriest person in the world https://www.resetera.com/threads/making-souls-games-more-accessible-without-an-easy-mode.285539/

Why did I click this

I was already having a lovely day, and I read the entire first page

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Loving the fishing hamlet area so far, just got to the second lantern there at the lighthouse. Poor oul Simon. Probably the best area so far in vibe and the two big fellas we're good fights. Didn't like the little mage fellas though solely because you had to rush them down to handle poo poo but it's a lame wrinkle to make them not be lock onable. The DLC in general has been a big step up from the base game, which I really liked this time around.

Did you end up getting the sword from Ludwig? And did you tell him the truth or lie?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

I hate being old and broke, I STILL haven't bought Sekiro yet

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

a.p. dent posted:

finished DS2 last night. thought it kicked rear end. very different from DS1, but still a satisfying and memorable experience. i skipped a lot of NPC side quests / story items in both of them, i plan on going deeper into all that on a second playthrough

DS3 next. i might actually finish the trilogy before elden ring comes out, which i wasn't expecting

Nice!!! Good job! I'm really glad you see you're enjoying each game on their own merits.

What kind of build/weapon did you end up using for DS2?
It's genuinely my favorite of the series, thanks to being able to start on multiple paths and quickly make a wildly different build right from the start with no build up, makes replays awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Since DukeVision isn't real yet, was gonna play DS3 again as a Duke Nukem challenge run. Was thinking of running with like Arbelest crossbow as a gun with Caestus for melee (wish Bonefist was still in... ) Maybe pyromancies as Pipe Bombs/Rockets? Horse hoof ring for Mighty Foot?

I wish hand to hand wasn't so slow in DS3, feels like punches came out way quicker in DS2 even though that game was way slower in every other way

Miserable Maid fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 19, 2022