Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Dark Souls changed my life and if I were about to be obliterated by a hurricane I'd like it to be what I was doing when I died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
2 has the most build variety plus it's pretty easy to respec so you can make tweaks down the line. Also Bonfire Ascetics let you bump up the difficulty in certain areas and refight bosses.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

Every Souls game should have had a refight bosses option

the pain whenever you get the urge to fight Maria and Orphan again..

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i couldn't finish dark souls 3 becasue it was super boring

yeah I think 2 gets around it bc it's more open and you can skip around the bad parts if you know what you're doing but in 3 you have to follow the super linear path

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

your fps becomes worse as your insight increases

lol

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
PVP is the most fun when you do something weird and creative like use chameleon in a really obvious spot and parry the person when they strong attack or pretend to be an enemy or knock them off ledges, etc

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Scraping Spear and the acid cloud spell in Demon's Souls

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
2-1 really kicks your rear end and it's super funny for them to throw the miner guys with their resistances at new players. Good memories of DeS ~

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

if youve done the hamlet then you should be able to do demons souls with one hand tied behind your back by now, try going back to it. the boss hp bars are so tiny in it

Maneaters always kick my rear end but I can beat Orphan in like 2 or 3 tries :sweatdrop:

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

I think im gonna play this again too. looking at the wiki and figuring out what wweapon i want to use

Planning a build is my favorite part sometimes

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Pyro+Dex

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
thinkin about playing some dark souls

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
always skip the depths and come back later, imo

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

I stole your build idea and got up to o&s with a +3 chaos blade and 40 dex in a single sitting :feelsgood:

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Thinking back to the first time I played and spent several hours in undead burg dying to capra

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
He threw me off the bridge immediately the first time I fought him on this run

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

some quick advice: dont sweat which character class you pick, youll be able to spec into any sort of ability you want later. also, don't get discouraged when you inevitably lose your souls! dying is part of the game, just take it in stride. if you feel like you're in over your head you might just be in the wrong area, if youre stuck on some skeletons or ghosts try following the aqueduct

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Beat o&s on the first try and am feeling some intense Gamer Pride

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Al the bosses in dark souls 2 have a billion hp

This reminded me of the giant soul mechanic for vendrick :whitewater:

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Mine is how solaire is gwyn's eldest son wiped from history because it's much better than the nameless king stuff

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

all the item descriptions and stuff point to this but they had to gently caress it up so my headcanon is that nameless king is solaire

A warrior of sunlight with the same lightning powers as gwyn and an obsession with finding a lost sun in a game about losing your mind, identity, and purpose then going insane was so good...but it turns out none of it was intentional :(

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

i started playing dark souls 3 but it mostly makes me want to turn it off and play bloodborne or really anything else.

I start up a new game every few weeks and get excited for like an hour about doing a fun build but am over it by the time I get to the road of sacrifices

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's a good rear end game. I don't have a ps4 for Bloodborne though so I missed that one

Hell, you should get a ps4 for bloodborne

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Ringed city is cool but I wish the story wrapped up a little better seeing as how it's supposed to be the conclusion to the series and deals with really important plot stuff

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
flippy ring is my favorite item in the series

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Is there a good collection of crazy chalice codes that have been found somewhere

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think ds's decline in quality later in the game is generally overstated but I hope whoever designed the crystal caves was driven to seppuku

As bad as lost izalith gets talked about the part in the crystal caves is absolutely worse with the invisible walkways, curse clams, and seathe fight all happening in such a small span. It's just an easier and faster run to get through the physical area so it kind of gets overlooked.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
RIP scraping spear and acid cloud build

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I just wish magic was good again or at least usable. I got up through consumed king's garden and it was miserable and the build just never started working.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

extremebuff posted:

ive said it before but everything about BB is on another level, its easy to see it casting an enormous shadow on future soulslikes for a very long time

I think the plot and storytelling is what I noticed the most, it seems so much worse in 3 than any of the other games and following right after bloodborne didn't help it.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I care about souls plots.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Rydell(?) screaming in his cell throughout the level but you have no idea where it's coming from was very unsettling

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Lmao

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

whatis posted:

the guy that was the first to do successful no-hit runs of all the darksouls games has been trying to do a no-hit trilogy run of all three games back-to-back-to-back for the past 4 months or so. in the last week he's made it to the 50% point of the run about three times. he's completely insane

Souls challenge runs ftw

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
ds2 dlc was insanely good on the whole but also had a few of the worst optional areas in the series, it was weird

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Full time videogame streaming as a career seems like a terrible monkey paw wish you’d make

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I’ve got a vacation so I’m gonna plat ds1 and then maybe the others if I feel like it

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Smashing bad guys with the dragon greataxe

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Kongming posted:

The dragon butts already ignore you now, what else can they do? That's half the entire area.

A second Ceaseless Discharge fight drains the blinding orange lava even lower revealing the real level below, a cool ruined stone city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Also Demon’s Souls remaster for PS4 next please