Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Dark Souls 3 is so freaking good. I'm playing through it for the 3rd time and doing more covenant stuff, the Blue Sentinels covenant is much more active than it was when I first played the game and its really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Oh yeah, anyone who takes the goofy rear end pvp in these games dead seriously and tries to do optimal stuff should be annihilated with long range missiles and battleship cannons

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Helping people out as a purple phantom in the Undead Settlement when DS3 launched owned. I helped a guy find the secret cliff underside bonfire and he did a bunch of thankful emotes before running off a cliff to give me a vertebra shackle.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

souls games ftw

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

profaned capitol is a lot like aldia's manor: a cool location that's basically nothing but a few encounters and a boss. wish it was bigger, and they did the full "ruined, hosed up city" thing over an entire area. like that little church above the toxic lake with bob's burrito monsters, where you're jumping between collapsed buildings, finding secrets and fighting small set-piece battles.

ithiryll doesn't really count, since it's more or less in fine shape despite being abandoned for however long.

its definitely the one area in the game that shows signs of needing to be cut for time, which is a shame since it has some really cool stuff in it. part of me wishes that they had spent some of the dev time used for the dlc to patch in new content for cut down locations like the capitol and smoldering lake, but the ringed city is so good that i cant really complain

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i wish that i still had a PS4, because the hacked chalices that have every version of every weapon sound awesome. going through with the STR/BLT weapon seems like it'd be a fun run.

The chalices only have base game weapons in them so you'd still have to get through a bunch of dlc to get brador's weapon. A shame since it looks extremely fun but most people don't get it until very late in their runs

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i love micolash

i just got to him on my current play through and intentionally dragging out the fight so you can hear his lines more ftw

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

the health rot was never too fast, it just adds up when you hit the occasional bit that kills you a bunch. fortunately the effigies arent that bad to get

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Grandmother of Five posted:

Champion Gundyr fight ruled :hellyeah:

blindly stumbling into finding that zone and seeing gundyr there is one of my fondest dark souls memories

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Oh Long Johnson posted:

the hypogean gaol surprise is one of the best moments in the best game ever made

getting enough insight to suddenly start being able to see the amygdala sitting on oedon chapel was a big one for me

Fiend Matador fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 5, 2021

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Fungah! posted:

stop posting untagged spoilers for the new guy you idiots

My bad... got too excited thinking about Bloodborne

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Pathetic typical gamer hoarder unwilling to part woth 300 halberds pays the price by being unable to lift terrible set of armor is pumped full of sony owned first party american studios and--FAKE latin chanting everywhere. Many such cases!

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

okay uh look here. first of all their not just guys their mfing ninjas. and there's 15 of them bum rushing you from across the stage at once not just 5. believe you me you won't regret subbing to the fextralife patreon fume knight tier or "my wallet is runnin on fumes" as us fextraheads like to call it for the exclusive tips n tricks to take on this amazing challenge.

lol