Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bellbro pvp was dope as hell. ssome of the mechanics were really good (powerstancing was the poo poo) but i hated th level design and 80% of the enemies in the game are dudes in armor. its worth doing one run just for the dlc though, brume tower in particular is fuckin great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also every enemy has the same 1-2----3 combo with optional 4th hit and it pissed me off

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

worst prt is you couldnt even drop it in a bottomless box to get to a lower weapon level, that was fuckin retarded

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

invading was really cool whn it worked out though, tricking first-timers into triggering traps in carthus is pure italian chef

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

when you think you beat the boss but then there's a second form

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tell hm to get ni no kuni too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its a studio ghibli rpg made by level-5 and its one of the best rpgs ever made

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my install corrupted just bfore i got to the dlc, maybe i'll reinstall tonight too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

it's cooler to use the moonlight butterfly spear, velka's rapier, and moonlight greatsword and forgoe spells entirely

thats what i'm doin this run. maybe do an enchanted warpick instead of the spear

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

decided to gt ending a in nier automata instead of reinstalling. gomen

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

oh boy...it probably wont even matter at that point anyway. heres me getting tilted by the iron golem https://clips.twitch.tv/ObservantGiftedDonutWutFace

and heres me falling prey to the tilt https://clips.twitch.tv/StylishHappyPotatoStoneLightning

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtT2xYZbWBs

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

some quick advice: dont sweat which character class you pick, youll be able to spec into any sort of ability you want later. also, don't get discouraged when you inevitably lose your souls! dying is part of the game, just take it in stride. if you feel like you're in over your head you might just be in the wrong area, if youre stuck on some skeletons or ghosts try following the aqueduct

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i invaded a bunch in 4-2 and got th same guy like three times in a row because he was the only guy around. he fuckin kicked my rear end all three times, then he invaded me and ran me throughh most of the level until i hosed up just before the door to old hero and fell into a slug pit nd died and he stood over me doing Sorrow over and over

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

souls games ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i fuckin love NK. one of the best fights in the series. wish you didnt have to fight his dragon every time though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

the dragon part is 30 seconds if you know what youre doing, its actually easy, tbqh

yeah, thats the problem with it. its filler that i have to do every time i want to fight NK

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Amazon, the company that lets people publish kindle books that are just stats dumped by a bot into OpenOffice from google searches, rejected my book on the grounds that it was quote, "Way too gay and you are a loving retard", but thankfully, through Steam's greenlight program, you can all enjoy my visions in the latest really ugly pixel game with a time travel mechanic and pedophilia.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i did melee str my first time through nd it was fine aside from a couple lovely parts (armor spider and one other you havent gotten to yet). when you beat it you should play through again as a wizard because its fuckin hilarious how bad you shred the game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the long corridor full of 10000 identical guys that led to a palette swap of the smelter demon was one of the worst levels ive ever played through

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

this is the result created from the weakness inside of your heart

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Blindly putting your entire livelihood in the hands of a soulless megacorporation who at any time could cut your take home cash in half and would gladly firebomb 10,000 somalis if it meant a yearly net gain of 0.02% for the win my bitch. Shoutouts to Bunkbed Crew and BedheadBilly thanks for the 3 dollars

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

poison-infused claws were how i got through ds2 on fist weapon before the bone fist, they apply poison and bleed pretty quick. couldnt have beaten the smelter demon without it, he was taking like 10 damage a hit otherwise

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

luck only affects buildup so yeah its worthless lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

huh, apparently storyteller's staff actually makes poison decent. its weapon art is a poison cloud and the poison scales hard with enemy hp. it does minimum 3x more than poison and scales up to 4x. probably still not enough to kill something but thats some decent damage

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cool. is there a menu setting that takes out agility, fixes the level design, changes enemy design so theyre not just guys in armor that attack like 1-2-3 or 1-2-3----4 with lots of tracking on the last hit, adds more interesting and varied environments, adds more interesting weapons, takes out hollowing, makes bosses more creative and fun to fight, adds interesting side areas that arent dlc or covenant battlegrounds, gets rid of healing items and makes estus fast, or makes the game not insanely long and tedious?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lol

the environments do get really cool after the first 1/3rd of the game and sotfs adds a ton of variety to the encounters, but yeah they never fixed agility, or weapons breaking twice as fast at 60fps, and they didnt touch any of the 50 boring bosses that are all the same fight

ill never forget making to drangleic castle, the place you spend 2/3 of the game trying to get to, getting to the top and gettin ready for an epic boss encounter, and then the boss is two fuckin dragonriders

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

when i was playing the game for the first time the moment that broke me was reaching the song demon, this enormous rotten frog creature with like a skeleton and giant zombie hands that pour out of it that look awesome, and i was ready for a really hosed up fight. it had 2 attacks. horizontal slam, vertical slam, both with extremely long recovery animations so you were free to hit it.

my personal favorite ws the gluttony demon guy in uh harvest valley i think? who looked super cool and has the unequip items grab (cool idea) only he can pretty much only attack from the front and has like 10 hp so you kill him instantly without seeing it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my favorite moment in the 3 dlc so far was a) the last dark souls content ever had another poison swamp in it and b) that earthen peak is at the top of the trash heap at the end of the universe where it fuckin belonged

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

unnecessary remake IMO.

dark souls on the go is gonna be epic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

30 fps? not interested.

lol gently caress off

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Lol if you think youre experiencing the real dark souls 2 if youre playing it at 30fps with 1 n64 green texture covering the shaded ruins when you could be playing it at 60fps and theres one n64 green texture slapped on the shaded ruins in 1080p. Makes having nightly raids on my house by.chinese bitcoin miners teying to steal my 90 dollar 960 worth it baby

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the enigma of k9mg igara faye

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Mom, or some say Mother, grant us 5 Guys

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hey Weird Al, it's your cousin Marvin. Marvin Yankovic. You know that gaming-themed MacArthur Park parody you're looking for? Well listen to this

lmfao