Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only bad part of DS2 is the durability and that almost every enemy wears armor so theyre really weak to crush so using a mace puts the whole game on easy mode. Powerstancing owns and the weapons variety is great too. A hypothetical new souls game which has both powerstancing and weapon arts would be incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate in these games when you use the duel areas and it's always some guy with a parry weapon or a buckler and a +10 katana

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wolnir and the giant and the deacons and the nutsack tree are all incredibly boring to me. Gimmick bosses suck

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Sister Friede has been one of my favorite bosses in DS3. The arena, the cutscenes, everything. Now onto Ringed City.

Yeah I found Friede really fun.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Finicums Wake posted:

drat, i thought the bell gargoyles were eough, but now the dark basin hydra is making GBS threads on me. yowwcha!! *adjusts my glasses* so it goes........ :twisted:

:how:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ive been doing a dex build with the bandit's knife as my only weapon and its been kind of painful. Any enemy or boss that is slow and you can get a lot of R1 hits on usually takes a ton of bleed damage and dies very fast, but anything mobile, especially like dogs and Abyss Watchers that do that backstep thing a lot after a combo were extremely annoying to fight

Anyway I think I'm going to give up and use the follower's sabre since I never used any of the DLC weapons for PVE before. I stuffed a bunch of twinkling titanite onto Valorheart but it seems like using any old buckler and a straight sword except you can't parry and you have a shittier version of the guard break weapon art.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dongicus posted:

Fart Trolls 2: Smeller of the First poo poo

I like DS2 now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious loyall X posted:

Lol if you think youre experiencing the real dark souls 2 if youre playing it at 30fps with 1 n64 green texture covering the shaded ruins when you could be playing it at 60fps and theres one n64 green texture slapped on the shaded ruins in 1080p. Makes having nightly raids on my house by.chinese bitcoin miners teying to steal my 90 dollar 960 worth it baby

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Once and a while im tempted to play ds2, and then i remember how that games lovely parts are longer than all of ds3

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah forest of fallen giants is incredibly ugly. But then Majula and Heide's and the palace look incredible

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Changing the Heide knights into regular enemies is probably my least favorite part of SOTFS. I want that early heide sword without farming mobs.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HELLBITCH posted:

The first rule is to roll at and to the side of whatever is trying to hit you not away from it. You loving idiot. You loving coward

Turn your monitor on

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The only thing that would make dark souls 1 better would be the geniuses behind Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin taking a second pass at the enemy layout and weapon design.

I like that they made durability less annoying. Making faith builds and especially lightning damage almost weaker than not buffing at all was very loving lame though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bell tower was always really fun. I was sad that DS3's auto invasion covenants were in big spread out areas instead of the small arenas of the bell towers

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
P2p multiplayer gaming is really aids. It's so much cheaper than the developers paying for servers forever so it'll never go away even though it means you always have terrible latency. The video of that one guy playing DS3 over a LAN was incredible

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apropos to nothing posted:

the level design, world and npcs in DS2 are pretty bad but really what holds it back is they leaned into the slow hold up a shield style of combat that people used when they first start a souls game and not the flip around naked while 2 handing a greatsword style that you use once youve beaten the game that DS3 and BB leaned into

Yeah uhh its good that the encouraged the most boring possible way to play

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Putting your token down specifically to ballista your host was always fun. So was baiting the pursuer into breaking them and watching the host panic

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah isnt that the torch thing

Ds2 has a lot of lovely parts but it was cool how there was a billion items in the game and a lot of cool armor. The only part I really hated was the cracked orb thing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
His sword is probably my favorite move set in the series

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The smelter demon was more fun to fight than the old iron king

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

old iron king is considerate, and leaves his damage box on the arena for 3 to 4 seconds after his massively telegraphed attack.

Thats why hes incredibly boring

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ds2 is the worst souls game but that doesnt mean its bad overall

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Also some sort of weird cosmic horror event happened near church, but thanks to our resident game guru Bob I was completely prepared for it.

im so sorry someone spoiled the game thats been out for 4 years or w.e.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah almost every enemy in ds2 has lovely strike resist. Until they patched lightning resist into a bunch of enemies and also nerfed infusion and lightning miracle damage, a str/fth lightning mace user was ridiculous and could kill almost every boss in seconds

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The biggest crime of SOTFS is making you grind for the swag knight sword that used to be a guaranteed drop from the first heide knight

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I killed dancer of the boreal valley at level 12.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

i agree with whoever that it’s cool being able to go dip into ariandel when youre like 3 bosses into the game

i love trying to do friede as early as possible (which isnt very early for me, because i suck) since the scythe is so cool

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you have fun it's not a mistake

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I keep telling myself I'm gonna get to the DLC and I get stuck at the exact same part lol. I dont like bright cove tseldora either, which is also very ugly and boring

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/sbEbsqfmqC0

Autistic man beats dark souls 2 without using weapons or offensive spells

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't like the unpetryifing thing but other than that i like more parts of ds2 than I do ds3. Then again that's because ds2 is just 3x longer and most of that longer part is cut levels from gothic II featuring incredibly uninspired enemies

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked the weapon art idea but otherwise it's just more of the same, and most of that same isn't significantly different from ideas explored in the first two games

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gundyr 2, dancer, twin princes, pontiff and friede are my favorite bosses in the game, probably the series too. The freide boss fight is just so awesome. it's kind of cheap that you can back stab her but I guess it's a good tradeoff considering she doesnt have many openings to hit her otherwise

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm ashamed to admit I never got around to the DS2 or DS3 dlc except for ashes of ariandel. They just came out after I had already beat each game 4 or 5 times and I'm a little burnt. Maybe in a year I'll get to them.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's my favorite souls title although like every souls game I've played theres a lot of little stuff that bugs me and keeps me from feeling that it's perfect

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the first few bosses in these games are always lame. ds2 especially

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just started playing bloodborne because I got a PS4 in a raffle and the quarterly manager meeting. It's so good. The threaded cane is extremely fun to use. Cleric Beast basically stood still and let me kill it. But Father Gascgoine felt like the first real boss, to make sure I'm paying attention to timing and stuff. Very fun fight.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's boring to admit but the plain longsword was my favorite weapon in ds3. In ds2 I liked the heide knight sword's moveset a bunch. Shame it wasnt in ds3, and they turned it from a static drop to a random one in sotfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ppl say ashes is bad or whatever but so far Sister Friede is my favorite boss in the series. And her scythe is a fun weapon to use.