Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

theres no souls game thats not worth playing, you entitled brain tumored DK mode-looking pieces of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Respect gaming. Give thanks to Miyazaki. Semper games.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Japanese Demon's Souls servers are shutting down in February, no word on the rest of the world

goddamn

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

nice video lmfao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

perfect timing to continue my playthrough

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

get it on sale. or play Nioh instead

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

loving's Field IV.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

it's been a while since I played Bloodborne properly and I've been playing Dark Souls 3 in the meantime. tough to switch between the two mindsets you gotta be in. but god drat Bloodborne is insanely epic & awesome

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Skylark posted:

Remaster HOIPE

tghats me

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

its really easy to make an awful monster but going for something specific is hard

git gud lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i shan't be getting hacked and will get this on the glorious PS4 for jolly co-operation

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

love a good Soulsian smell

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

some pig

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i love them all but DS3 and bloodborne are tied for 1st for this gamer. demon souls is really cool and different but hard to go back to cause of the stuff inri mentioned and inventory limit/world tendency, my dream is a remaster that irons those quirks out.

dark souls 1 has a lot of levels and bosses that are just a chore but its still above base DS2

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

malibu anime posted:

level 8 int indeed lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

There's so much good poo poo in Dark Souls. I look forward to seeing how you deal with what's next. Overcoming the Taurus Demon and that initial area for the first time is a fond gaming memory of mine. Then there's the whole experience of just getting to grips with the game, up until the Fortress. And then, conquering that tower after so much strife, arising from it a transformed gamer.

God. I love videogames.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Is resistance worth increasing? I keep getting poisoned by these big rat lads under the bridge and i'm screwed once it happens. I might also kindle this bonfire because the one time the rats didn't poison me I seen a big monster looking thing hanging out with the skeltons in the start of Undead Parish. I met the sun knight which was nice though.

Resistance doesn't do anything in this game, it should never be levelled. Equip the gear with the highest poison resistance and have some Purple Moss handy. The merchant in the aqueduct when you head from Firelink to Undead Burg sells it.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

If I'm low level in the Catacombs I just suicide rush the necromancers by sprinting wildly around. It might be dishonorable but this Hollow has no honor when it comes to practitioners of the Dark Arts.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Weedle posted:

can i post in here? i finally played dark souls. it's really really really really good. i spent years thinking it was a harder game than it really is, so i didn't expect to like it very much but i'm incredibly glad i took a chance on it. it is a nearly perfect action rpg i think. instead of playing other games i'm just playing this over and over again, on new game plus or with different character classes. i love how different each playthrough can feel even though you encounter the exact same obstacles in the exact same places every time. i'm going all-out with the master key on my latest character and i ran around new londo, darkroot, blighttown and valley of the drakes collecting my favorite goodies before fighting any post-asylum bosses. i haven't leveled up much because i forget how hard some of these enemies hit when you're visiting their areas "early" and i keep getting killed. not to mention it feels so good to play, just rolling around getting into that block-and-counter rhythm. really great game

also played dark souls 2 but i'm not feeling it so much. my guy is in the undead crypt while i try to muster up the will to keep playing it instead of just going back to ds1. i hear the dlc is better but i'm pretty sure i only have the "key" to one of the worlds or whatever. it didn't make a great first impression on me but that was partially my own fault for being so bloody-mindedly determined to get the ring of binding and slooooooowly hacking my way through the tower of flame before going anywhere else. if i had started with the forest it probably would have gone better, but i just don't like hanging around drangleic as much as lordran

thank you for asking permission

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

beautiful

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

dark souls 2, in all its forms, is absolutely the worst game of the series. it's still a good game and i enjoyed it a lot. it just pales in comparison to the other ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

demon of song sucks rear end lol. come on. it was a huge disappointment, like many of the bosses in that game. don't even get me started on the blue smelter demon. and that circling gauntlet before those mini bosses? fantastic poo poo. goty.