Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

mysterious loyall X posted:

The real dark souls is dodging this guy's epic flames about streaming videogamea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I.N.R.I posted:

ds3 was made by the ds2 team. duno why i need to keep saying it but it should be obvious to anyone whos played htem both

they learned a lot from what ds2 did wrong at least

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Im gonna do a playthrough of them all again after sekiro, ftw

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Im doing lifehunt scythe this time in honor of my first ever dark souls run

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

EmmyOk posted:

Playing through the start of the Undead Burgh place, it reminds me a bit of the Bloodborne city. Someone pushed a flaming barrel down some stairs which knocked me off the stairs but I hit a tiny ledge on the way down so i didn't die lol. Had to use a homeward bone though as I actually couldn't get back to anywhere else from my random ledge. On the bright side when I was getting up from being knocked down a skeleton sailed past me into the abyss I'd just missed. this owns

you could've dropped down further to get out iirc!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Wormskull posted:

I laughed like this https://vocaroo.com/i/s1BOTfvhPGjw at that even though I've seen it a million times. But more genuinely of course.

lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

doing a bloodborne run through after sekiro. i am 100% better at parrying, but i am dying a lot and more than a few have been from trying to block and switching my weapon lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

EmmyOk posted:

I still have botw muscle memory when playing ds lol

yeah lol i had the reverse when playing botw actually, sekiro did a good job of teaching me to relearn muscle memory stuff though

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

now that i think of it i don't think i ever beat ds3 DLC final boss...shameful

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

yeah that post is really bad and i want to wedgie the nerd who wrote it

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

The game is going to have Lore and Helmets

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

:pray:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i just want the trophies to complete my fromsoft collection of digital videogame trophies.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

Enjoy the pure bladestone grind

i grinded out the blue sentinel ears in DS3 because the matchmaking wouldn't work for just that covenant, i'm no stranger to the grind

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

catacombs is definitely one of the most difficult areas on the first playthrough. i think it made me actually stop playing for a few months my first time. divine weapons really help if you can make them (not sure which blacksmith but i assume andre) because they kill skeletons even if the necromancer is alive.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

EmmyOk posted:

I am not sure I have met that smith, I have only met the one near where you fight the bell gargoyle. I might go back to him and see if he sells titanite shards because maybe I could at least upgrade my mace then. I tried a different area previously called New Londo but there was a ghost there and I couldn't hurt it so I ran away. Despite how painful the catacombs are I have made progress and killed three necromancers so I might just keep grinding at it tomorrow.

yeah i think thats the one what can make divine weapons.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

EmmyOk posted:

Is the catacombs the way to blighttown? This is where I am trying to go to

no, you get to blighttown through the depths, you can find the entrance to there past the capra demon (also can unlock a good shortcut back to firelink)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

EmmyOk posted:

Is that the new Londo place? I killed some praying ghoul type creatures in there but then met some ghosts that didn't take physical damage and a lot of bloodstains about. Is there a third option? I will go investigating around the place until I find somewhere new where I have win endless battles of attrition against skeletons

nope that's new londo ruins, you shouldn't be going there for awhile or until your weapon is upgraded more than it probably is right now. if you haven't yet fought the capra demon, go back to where you met solaire near the bridge and try to open a closed door

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i wish i could play this for the first time again.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Dlc is probably best part of dark souls 3. The bosses at least

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I had so much fun with the church covenant too...just wrecking noobs + 2 phantoms with my great mace

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Boredtal Hell

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

congrats gamer. dark souls your first time is a great experience. i think most people have the same feeling about 2 as you do. i think it's a good game, but not a good dark souls game if that makes sense. highly recommend playing 3 now, and if you have access to a ps3 or ps4 definitely go for demon's souls and bloodborne.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

tbh souls games really could use a pause button, and saves before bosses. and a map. just let people play the dang game! if you get frustrated with a game, it's a sign of poor design

Shut the gently caress up, bitch.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

id imagine a price drop soon with ps5 comin out, maybe even in time for christmas

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I think it looks great, but I’m easily impressed. Character creator is slightly a letdown but oh well

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

didnt know that lol.

they made it so you can send equipment/items to storage from the menu which is a great QoL change

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i just bought a big fuckoff OLED so this is going to look amazeballs :q:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

first big bug after ~20 hours of play, game completely froze and when i restarted (console didnt freeze just the game) it started me about 1 minute before where it froze

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Majula sucks. It's a big brown and green empty space with like two buildings. Who likes it???

the majula theme is some of my fav dark souls music tho

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol getting throwback feels of that initial bloodborne leaked gif of the hunter walking through the door with his gun and doing the saw switch

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Sweating nervously* Haha

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

last one i played with was the pizza cutter. to go back and experience it all for the first time again would be such a dream

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Quarterroys posted:

so does insight affect basically anything that has that bright red aura? I thought I remember those church guys in front of the grand cathedral holding crosses with some kind of red cloud around them, but now its gone...

I think once you hit a certain threshold it starts spawning the red enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I just installed cinders, excited to play