Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

DSFix covers 3/4 of my in-game screen in black for some reason and I cant find a solution. Turned it off and it works but wow does it look awful

Turn off AA in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

It's pretty amazing. If you're playing with framerate uncapped you should bind a key on your keyboard somewhere to turn the cap on again though and use it whenever you get on a ladder. If you climb down a ladder at 60fps usually when you get off you'll just fly through the dirt and die

I think it's only certain ladders, I know the one to Undead Parish under the bridge with the rats has that problem because it happened to me lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

only one of them is good :smugbird: that's right, it's lords of the fallen

Turds Have Been Fallin' (from my butt)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

actually you have to fight the capra demon to get the ember to get to +10 or whatever, altho maybe you can just kill ingwald and get the very large ember to go straight to +15 and skip the large ember? never tried that

I don't think Andre will take Very Large unless you give him Large first

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Salt... or some say Saltm...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DS2 is fine, it's the worst Souls game but it's still good and worth playing at least once imo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's apparently the best for PVP but I was never into that for Souls games so I dunno.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

when you think you beat the boss but then there's a second form

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Gimmick bosses ftw

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dork Souls

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've never beaten Demon's actually

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You've killed Solaire? He wasn't one of our targets...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice. I'm definitely down to go back

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

i never got cursed by the basilisks because i have average reaction speed and eyes

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

some quick advice: dont sweat which character class you pick, youll be able to spec into any sort of ability you want later. also, don't get discouraged when you inevitably lose your souls! dying is part of the game, just take it in stride. if you feel like you're in over your head you might just be in the wrong area, if youre stuck on some skeletons or ghosts try following the aqueduct

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've played all these games and retained none of the Lore, so whenever anyone talks about it it's like that wormskull post in my mind

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played some of the first DLC but never beat it. Goodnight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The basic gameplay is good but it didn't hold my attention for long

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

minutes into the game my inventory was heavily cluttered with a billion armor pieces and weapons that every enemy drops

That's when you knew they made your perfect game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Panty Saluter

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Japanese Demon's Souls servers are shutting down in February, no word on the rest of the world

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Looks like it's official worldwide

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/935176622088400896

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I guess I better finish demon souls then

I've actually never beaten it lol. I really should get around to it before the servers go down

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just thought of this one: Reamin’ Holes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

souls games ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

wish i recorded the time i got invaded in dark souls 2 by a guy with a colored name and i expected to be 1shot by a cheat but instead he had a bunch of insane custom moves like a huge tekken dive kick that shot out a moonlight beam that was 5x larger than normal, or he'd clap his hands and summon 100 homing fireballs

No racism allowed. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

idg why some people are underwhelmed by dark souls 3, its so good

Yeah it’s really good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

"The souls games aren't for us anymore... [gritting teeth insanely hard seeing another git gud meme] they're for hardcore types who don't care about the lore"

Lol. Was it Bonfireside Chat or whatever it’s called

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NK was the only boss in the base game I never beat actually

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Beat the Abyss Watchers and am in the Catacombs of Carthus. Feels like the training wheels are off. Probably silly of me to start the Souls series with III but it's really fun so far.

Nice. Abyss Watchers were definitely a tough spot for me and it felt really satisfying to beat them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Amazon, the company that lets people publish kindle books that are just stats dumped by a bot into OpenOffice from google searches, rejected my book on the grounds that it was quote, "Way too gay and you are a loving retard", but thankfully, through Steam's greenlight program, you can all enjoy my visions in the latest really ugly pixel game with a time travel mechanic and pedophilia.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The latest rumors are a Dark Souls remastered port for PS4/XB1/Switch being announced on the 15th

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

The latest rumors are Stranger Things: The Telltale Series to be announced at the Video Game Awards live tonight

Too much win for this world

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still haven't beaten Demon's Souls

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've played a whole bunch of Demon's Souls, I followed its development and bought it when I first got a PS3, I just never actually beat it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

when is the from software presentation? I'm ready for some great news!

Apparently the Bandai presentation already happened and it was nothing, the guy who originally started the rumors was spreading bullshit

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had a dream I was playing DS2 the other night. Some dreams don't come true though