Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Finicums Wake posted:

update: summoning the npcs is helpful lol

They distract the boss which is helpful but I think summoning them increases the boss’s hitpoints if memory serves so be careful. This is the sum total of my dark souls knowledge. Good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Pathetic gamer confession: I never beat this game because I got stuck at Sen’s Fortress

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sen's is brutal the first time, my one-year-old niece died twice there.

Gah. You absolute savage.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

that happened to me there on my first playthrough, but after like a year of not touching it and being annoyed that everyone was still talking about the game, i made a fresh character and had a great time going back through

I've been strongly thinking about reinstalling and having another go at it

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Going to take another crack at Dark Souls. I have chosen cleric and will not be using any shields. Excelsior

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Shield-free runs work a lot better than people think. They make some regular enemies trickier, but shields are largely useless against bosses anyway.

It seems like it's going to make the game harder but I watched a youtube video that made a convincing argument that it's more fun, and better.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It seems like it's going to make the game harder but I watched a youtube video that made a convincing argument that it's more fun, and better.

Update I am getting owned over and over by the first skeleton guys you run into lol.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

goferchan posted:

Lol don't fight the skeletons at the beginning go the other way

Oh yeah lol. I haven’t played this in like a year

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Force is a useful miracle. I used it to deal with that mob of zombies in the undead parish who always overwhelm and beat me up and then I stomped on the bell gargoyles with solaire. Signed, the stupid dark souls baby

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I’m never going to be any good at this game lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

yes you will, keep trying!

Going to fight the capra demon in a minute. He hosed me up like 15 times when I played this a year ago

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I’ve been grinding even though that’s probably not how you’re supposed to play this game

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Big Smoke voice:

Lmfao

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I can't beat up the stray demon

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
It would be sort of funny to stream dark souls so everyone can see how bad I am at the game. 53 hours logged and I just learned how to parry

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

I killed the 2 black knights at the undead asylum tonight with parry/riposte and now I feel like Neo

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I still haven't figured out how to parry.

It's satisfying try it out.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I wish someone would buy me a bigger TV so I could play Bloodborne.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Panty Saluter posted:

just turn up the gamma and sit closer

It's a very small TV and I don't want to sit on the floor and hurt my rear end.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I have thought about getting an extension cord and moving the TV to the coffee table and sitting hunched on the couch squinting at the TV and playing Bloodborne still might do that

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I got a big enough tv to play Bloodborne on so I’ve been doing that. It’s loving awesome

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I woke up at 9 o'clock this morning and played Bloodborne all day :c00l::coffee:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

I shout yass branch slay

Lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Killed the blood starved beast last night. No better feeling in gaming

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

They work alright in pcsx2 and if u must play ons real hardware u can probably just pull a modded ps2 out of a washing machine in a Mexican laundry mat

Lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I picked up remastered and the silver knights on the buttresses in anor londo are pissing me off!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Gwyn is so fast and aggressive and I never got good at parrying because I didn't want to use shields at all. I can't take this...

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
D'you think a zweihander +7 with charcoal resin would do more damage on a riposte than the demon's spear +5 i've been maining since anor londo, cuz I'm still getting good dmg out of the spear even though he supposedly has super lightning resist

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
It's his grab move that keeps loving me

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Wormskull posted:

LMFAO. Wait your serious?

Be nice to me please.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lol.

I just assume whenever I get hit by a grab attack in a game it's my fault, they're always so slow

When it’s you it’s your fault. When it happens to me it’s the games fault

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

tyler posted:

Unfortunately, there is no way to test this.

I just thought I’d post while taking a break. There’s no need to be rude.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I forgot about the DLC so I’m doing that instead of being a noob dipshit on Gwyn. People aren’t lying when they say Artorias is a good boss fight, that was incredibly fun

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you can beat Artorias you can walk all over Gwyn

I believe in myself..

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Kalameet is a nasty ho

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Lol I beat Manus and then went and easily stomped on Gwyn. Can’t decide if I want to play DS3 or Sekiro next.

:ninja: edit had to pick DS3. Need to see what based Miyazaki and the crew at From learned from Bloodborne before I tackle Sekiro

A CRUNK BIRD fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 25, 2019

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

its funny to think that ds2 and bloodborne were developed at the same time lol

I’m deliberately leaving DS2 for later because Miyazaki was busy at the time with the best game I’ve ever played, Bloodborne

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

ds3 was made by the ds2 team. duno why i need to keep saying it but it should be obvious to anyone whos played htem both

I haven’t played either of them yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
After having beaten Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 I seem to be bouncing off DS3. Don't really have an urge to throw myself into it like I did the other two...something about it is just off to me I think