Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Liquid Drink posted:

RE4 is really underrated

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Liquid Drink posted:

RE4 is really underrated

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

RE4 is really underrated

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

This is why I'm waiting for the HD pack to be entirely complete.

ill totally start another pro run and stream it for this

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I still have not ever played any resident evil game.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I still have not ever played any resident evil game.
4 gets kind of a bad rap, but if you can look past some of the harsher 9/10 reviews it's a pretty good game.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Liquid Drink posted:

RE4 is really underrated

Watch your step.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

mycophobia posted:

I wanna play REmake but it's too scary

it's good op

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

I wanna play REmake but it's too scary

I've had it on PS4 for ages but I never beat it bc I'm terrible at it. I'll probably give it another shot in October the spooky month

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reHD is god tier

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
It's top 3 Game Cube games off the top of me head.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It still looks incredible too

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the pc and PS4 versions have higher res backgrounds

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

It still looks incredible too
Yeah, playing it on Steam for the first time right now and the art direction and atmosphere is really striking- the up-res on stuff looks great.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

rediscover posted:

It's top 3 Game Cube games off the top of me head.

I wished a lot of PS2 exclusive games came to GC just so they wouldn't look like interlaced garbage.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

ultimateforce posted:

I wished a lot of PS2 exclusive games came to GC just so they wouldn't look like interlaced garbage.

mods?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The GameCube is graphically superior to the PS2. Resident Evil 4 is one of the best examples of this

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

can we talk about the evil within in this thread? aka the game re5/6 should have been?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

The GameCube is graphically superior to the PS2. Resident Evil 4 is one of the best examples of this

RE4 ps2 version looks like a hot turd

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

rediscover posted:

RE4 ps2 version looks like a hot turd

I like Separate Ways but I'm very bummed that they didn't re-render its cutscenes for all of the subsequent releases of RE4 because they look real bad. But you get that really cool shotgun and a crossbow so it's all good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't re4 PS2 the version with the cool gangster suit for Leon.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

ive never been able to beat the fish boss. im really not good at this game and i cant aim for poo poo with thumbsticks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

ive never been able to beat the fish boss. im really not good at this game and i cant aim for poo poo with thumbsticks

Get the Wii or Steam version then.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Larry Parrish posted:

Isn't re4 PS2 the version with the cool gangster suit for Leon.

You think the PC port includes PS2 exclusives? It would be kinda nice...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Every version after the PS2 version has them.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Forgot I made a RE thread but I'm way into RE2 right now. I've done Leon A and Claire B as well as 2 Claire A runs (really wanted that A rank). This game is insanely good

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I don’t think they have the balls to do it in 2017 but the RE 2 remake should have prerendered backgrounds like REmake and Zero. Just imagine the police station rendered in such detail with cool rear end angles and lighting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bet it will be fixed angles. They can't mess with a classic

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Really hoping they're waiting to blow everyone away by not showing anything until it's ready for release but I am a little concerned that we haven't seen so much as a screenshot from REmake 2 yet

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

it'll be in third person I bet like re 4 and 5. but with a bigger emphasis on survival like re 7. can't wait to have Mr x chase you all over the got drat place

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

man nurse posted:

I don’t think they have the balls to do it in 2017 but the RE 2 remake should have prerendered backgrounds like REmake and Zero. Just imagine the police station rendered in such detail with cool rear end angles and lighting.
Ideally this shouldn't even be a concern, but I hope they do too. It's kind of amazing how good REmake is without even really altering the original's core gameplay, it'd be cool to play 2 in that style and have it look even more polished.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

it'll be in third person I bet like re 4 and 5. but with a bigger emphasis on survival like re 7. can't wait to have Mr x chase you all over the got drat place
It'll probably be this, though...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I hope its like RE2 but prettier and with a few new game mechanics

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

I hope its like RE2 but prettier and with a few new game mechanics

yeah I really really hope it's gonna be this too

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

gently caress yes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

gently caress yes

gently caress nooooooo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

imagining claire redfield doming zombies with crossbow bolts in 1080p ftw

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

wait i read that wrong, i dont want third person it should still be fixed angles but it would be cool if he appeared randomly to chase you instead of just being scripted

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't that what the nemesis was in 3

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

i dont remember exactly but i think he could only appear in certain places at certain times, so it might appear random if you didnt know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

whichever format they go with I bet Capcom won't gently caress it up since the remaster and re7 did so well

• Locked thread