Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love that Capcom was seriously like 'yeah, totally, you can port a PS1 game to Gameboy'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im not going to finish Gaiden. Its a weird game but having to kill enemies for random drops is definitely why I play Resident Evil. I'm torn now between playing RE0 next or taking a break and trying out Silent Hill 3.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I think I posted a long time ago but it's kinda charming how dumb everyone in these games acts

*walks into what is clearly a giant fuckin mansion*

Barry: What is this place????

*hears what is obviously a gunshot*

Barry: What was that???

you could make a list of things that Barry actually knows in RE1 and it would be maybe one or two bullet points lol

I bet Wesker didn't even really have his family hostage, he just said it and Barry totally went with it

his buddy Robert Kendo at the gun shop isnt much better, my friend reminded me of the conversation you have at the beginning, what the gently caress are you talkin about Robert, how did you get caught off guard by zombies flooding the city and the chaotic mess that followed

*guy begs for help against window of gun shop before being eaten alive*
*kendo waves* "I'm keepin a close eye on things!"

how long do you think he was just standing in his empty gun shop, super happy about so many people clearing out his stock, and by the end he's just staring into space before realizing, oh poo poo "the entire city is infested with zombies!" :rip:

the series owns, I need to do a playthrough of them in order again and soak in all the goofy poo poo again, but I don't know about RE0 I still can't force myself to beat it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

edit: i decided to beat it after all

i finished the game on my last possible shot. running from zombies in this game pissed me off! on to RE0.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Im not going to finish Gaiden. Its a weird game but having to kill enemies for random drops is definitely why I play Resident Evil. I'm torn now between playing RE0 next or taking a break and trying out Silent Hill 3.

play this next
https://www.reddit.com/r/3DO/comments/616nso/doctor_hauzer_english_fan_translation/

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
I like RE6

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm prolly gonna start Zero today

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Resi 3 is owning me, on my third attempt to beat this drat thing now and just keep blowing through my items. Out of ink ribbons and can't find any anywhere, then falling into the sewers and being ate by snake things :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm about an hour into Zero and the dual character thing is a cool twist on the RE design. Juggling items between two people can be tough, and makes decisions about when you pick resources up and with who always kind of in the front of your mind, compared to other games where you can stuff your item box to the gills with ammo and healing items

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a sludge monster grabbed rebecca in the toilet and i threw some molotovs at it and got 4 trophies at once

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

:same:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The scene in RE0 where billy murders 23 innocent Africans is real brutal

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah, the whole game is like that, dude.

Edit: poo poo, thought that said 5. My bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the bat in the Church is the worst RE boss in the series that I've played. Try to manually aim at a flying creature that also surrounds itself with tiny bats. Gah! At least it's dead

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I think the bat in the Church is the worst RE boss in the series that I've played. Try to manually aim at a flying creature that also surrounds itself with tiny bats. Gah! At least it's dead

definitely the worst RE boss ever on hard mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Billy fell off a cliff holding all my healing items so this next stretch may get hairy...

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Billy fell off a cliff holding all my healing items so this next stretch may get hairy...

The Donkey Kong high score scandal must have really hit him hard.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tight lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what a cool unlock:

Sad because that's pretty much the last great classic style RE game. But that means tonight it's time to give another run through to the God Game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgiafKZwRc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first time I played this game I don't think I ever realized how ridiculously powerful the Kick is

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I'm going to play the god game again too after reading a thread about it being bad and overrated a few weeks ago. it's time for the default pistol run

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I am too much of a pussy to play survival horror games but the backgrounds in re:zero looks loving gorgeous and make me want to try it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

I am too much of a pussy to play survival horror games but the backgrounds in re:zero looks loving gorgeous and make me want to try it.

There are some truly remarkable locations in Zero. The train in particular, even though its the opening area, was probably my favorite

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I think I'm going to play the god game again too after reading a thread about it being bad and overrated a few weeks ago. it's time for the default pistol run

I should really try to do some challenge runs but even after several playthroughs i get spooked and just want to tear through things with a full inventory of weapons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only ever played through once so I'm just gonna try to use different weapons this time. Last time I mainly used the TMP and Riot Shotgun, and I don't think I ever found/bought a magnum.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat the handgun that pierces crowds is pretty sick, everything about this game feels so loving good, and every time I come to another room I pretty much instantly remember it despite playing the game through once 2+ years ago

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Now I've just hacked a wii my friends and so I'm wondering if Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles are worth a poo poo. I had a friend I used to work with who enjoyed them a lot but he was a strange guy who smelled bad and was obsessed with RE.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually just played through the first two episodes of Umbrella Chronicles today, lol. I had a blast playing coop in them with a friend when they came out (they were the only RE games i had played until RE4 recently), theyre perfectly fine light gun games.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
i just done played them while my wife is out painting clay figurines (?) and i bought two wii zappers for us because i can see this being a good investment

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Fun fact we've known each other since we were thirteen and one of our first outings was playing HOTD3 in an arcade although it will never be the same without the neon green shotguns that you could pump

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i must compose posted:

Fun fact we've known each other since we were thirteen and one of our first outings was playing HOTD3 in an arcade although it will never be the same without the neon green shotguns that you could pump

That's awesome

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

truly one of my happiest moments being in chicago on an 8th grade field trip playing a fuckton of cool arcade cabinets with my future wife at some arcade whose name escapes me now. i would kill to go back there it was like two stories

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I remember the first time my wife used the “painting clay figurines excuse”. Good luck gamer

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know what is worse; she could be painting warhammer figurines or having an affair

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have reached the castle and i already wanna replay the first two chapters. maybe ill finally tackle professional mode, even though it seems extremely ruthless from the times ive attempted it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I have reached the castle and i already wanna replay the first two chapters. maybe ill finally tackle professional mode, even though it seems extremely ruthless from the times ive attempted it

you saw me playing it, theres no loving around lol. its the true way to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Ashley crank protection part is still the most stressful room in the game

• Locked thread