Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Liquid Drink posted:

how did you get stuck on the sliding box puzzle, its literally in every game since the dawn of time lol

And they're bad in all of them except for this one since the solution is simple enough to memorize

Anyway this game is fantastic and now I think I'll go replay it again. Beat the HD PC version for the first time a few months ago but still need to unlock the Handcannon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Evil Eagle posted:

Planning out a no weapon upgrades pro run in my head right now...

I thought about doing a no purchased weapons run at one point but got spooked by the idea of not having a rifle for the Regenerators. I don't think you can get the Magnum to 50 damage before you encounter the first one and I don't know that I'm skilled enough to dodge them when needed.

I did do a first weapons run once though (so original Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle, Magnum) and that was fun if not super-difficult. No weapon upgrades sounds tough!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah the bolt action rifle exclusive is just plain ridiculous. 30.0 freaking damage. Red9s isn't bad at all either but I find that it's outpaced by the blacktail as far as DPS goes. I still love both guns anyway, every pistol is great and useful.

For my no upgrades run I'm going with the blacktail and semi auto rifle. Red9 and blacktail both start at 1.6 damage, and the blacktail just handles better. Leon also readies it much faster than he does the Red9. I prefer the bolt action rifle because of the insane exclusive and small inventory size, but it starts at 4.0 damage and the semi auto starts at 7.0 so its not even a contest.

I actually haven't used the semi-auto rifle in a long time, despite never buying a rifle until I get to the castle. The bolt-action rifle just has too many style points going for it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Owns. But why two magnums?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Evil Eagle posted:

Well, they're the two best unupgraded weapons in the game. It kind of feels like cheating using both magnums but I'm not spending my money on anything else. I could buy 20 rocket launchers but that's no fun

So it's just so that you only need to re-load half as often?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

mycophobia posted:

I wanna play REmake but it's too scary

it's good op

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

rediscover posted:

RE4 ps2 version looks like a hot turd

I like Separate Ways but I'm very bummed that they didn't re-render its cutscenes for all of the subsequent releases of RE4 because they look real bad. But you get that really cool shotgun and a crossbow so it's all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

REmake is so good

It's very good but I haven't played it in a long time. Might need to change that soon...

• Locked thread