Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Why only Pick and not any of the other four posters who collectively make up the entirety of GBS threads?

Why do you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Pick posted:

Here's my "tactical pen" because someday, when that coworker I uncomfortably creep on is in danger, I'll swoop in and save her with this "tactical pen" and then she'll basically have to have sex with me. Always good to be prepared imho.

i have to admit i laughed when i saw the Buckmark Browning logo on a tactical PEN, gotta stab that deer in the heart with a pen it's at least more noble than HD gamefinding cams and tactical recumbent crossbow sniping

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I had to look up what the thing in the op was and found the most insufferable Youtuber I have ever seen in my life. Like, in all my years I have never seen anything like this holy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9fznQq0Lrc

im not the type to bitch out of videos but i had to stop after nineteen seconds. the man is a human 90s toy commercial

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He's fat and gross and I hope he dies

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Also: capitalism itself is the failure

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

He's fat and gross and I hope he dies

Missed your rugged optimism these last couple days :GBS:

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Who What Now posted:

Why only Pick and not any of the other four posters who collectively make up the entirety of GBS threads?

i also go "yes.... yes......." whenever her and that flaming skull guy are in proximity

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

i also go "yes.... yes......." whenever her and that flaming skull guy are in proximity

You're a sicko!

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Jim Barris posted:

They converted the HOV lane on I-95 into a 'premium' lane for rich people. They sold the HOV that our taxes paid for to a private corporation for a pittance and now that company charges us money to drive on it. It kind of pisses me off.

either i can drive in a big semicircle for four hours to see my doctor or i can continue buying my rfid hov/toll pass that reduces the cost by a whopping dollar to five bucks per visit. the bridge will be paid off in 15 more years, which is also the time i will break even from buying passes!!!

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

Like with 90% of the OPs who get an obsessive following who constantly poo poo on their threads, it's because the op is a girl or trans

*checks notes*

Because this forum is full of "weirdos"

usually the people in question are mentally ill and everyone is tired of them spreading it around

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

veni veni veni posted:

I had to look up what the thing in the op was and found the most insufferable Youtuber I have ever seen in my life. Like, in all my years I have never seen anything like this holy poo poo.

How old is this grotesque shill supposed to be?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Zzulu posted:

How old is this grotesque shill supposed to be?
Ten, going on to forty.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spinster posted:

Missed your rugged optimism these last couple days :GBS:

Ty, it is nice to be appreciated

Death to America

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

Nooner posted:

I cant wait until my new custom made XXXL dragon shaped dildo comes in the mail I paid for it by drawing lots of commissions of my fursona and other peoples fursonas yiffing that is how capitalism works

If only this wasn't reality. Communism and Central Planning would never allow this

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Nooner posted:

I cant wait until my new custom made XXXL dragon shaped dildo comes in the mail I paid for it by drawing lots of commissions of my fursona and other peoples fursonas yiffing that is how capitalism works

call me ;-* :ccb:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
what the hell is a nerd block

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

"ARCADE BLOCK"

on a goddamn NES lmao

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That Robot posted:

what the hell is a nerd block

Bankrupt, lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Blue Train posted:

Bankrupt, lol

hey-oo lol

Cool Hand Luke
Apr 12, 2011
this guy has a mighty hump going on

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

basic hitler posted:

"ARCADE BLOCK"

on a goddamn NES lmao

What would even be in a real arcade box. Random happ switches and circuit boards of old arcade machines?
This month is the best! i got a coin slot, 2 white buttons and a desoldered Lethal enforcers EEPROM.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

NihilismNow posted:

What would even be in a real arcade box. Random happ switches and circuit boards of old arcade machines?
This month is the best! i got a coin slot, 2 white buttons and a desoldered Lethal enforcers EEPROM.

they just send you a box of generic tokens roughly equivalent to the price you paid for a box of poo poo

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
at least my collection of pointless poo poo is carefully curated and personally selected (i.e. drunk ebay purchases at 2 am)

would you perhaps like some parts for a car i don't own? a glass ashtray from a panam 747? criterion collection dvds i've never watched? it's all here!

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

veni veni veni posted:

pisssssssss

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I think capitalism could not be soul crushing but the way its configured now, in the US, it is terrible. i do t understand how companies just want to gently caress me over constantly and make me want to die (more than usual). The inability for most people to have basic goods, health care, social security etc is the failure of capitalism.

Somehow this and the equifax thread has made me depressed

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I think capitalism could not be soul crushing but the way its configured now, in the US, it is terrible. i do t understand how companies just want to gently caress me over constantly and make me want to die (more than usual). The inability for most people to have basic goods, health care, social security etc is the failure of capitalism.

Somehow this and the equifax thread has made me depressed

Don't worry, thanks to the magic of capitalism you can watch advertisements for and then ask your doctor about and pay for some pills that will help you with that!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

berth ell pup posted:

criterion collection dvds i've never watched?

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I thought that this would be a fun thread about mocking the capitalism that is destroying our world, but no, it's just a garbage thread because pick thinks that making poo poo threads will make her cool.

Thanks for wasting everyone's time, pick. Again.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Nah, I'm kidding. Pick's fine. Thread still blows though.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.reddit.com/r/TropicalWeather/comments/6ypnlw/wifes_employer_is_demanding_everyone_come_into_an/

quote:

Wifes employer is demanding everyone come into an evac zone for work tomorrow

Not only is she expected to be there tomorrow in a zone a area for work, but they haven't decided if they will be closed on monday yet or not. the owners live in upstate NY and to them this is just a bit of rain, supervisor doesnt want to rock any boats as he wants to retire from this job and swears the evac is for residential areas only. I have been trying to find out any bit of legal advice i can regarding the situation, as this isnt right by any means but we cant afford to lose the job.

Pam bondi state attorney's office says to talk to Tampa Department of Labor and the State Department of employment.

Tampa DOL says that isn't something they deal with and to talk to OSHA or the State DOL.

I am posting this as I imagine We wont be the only ones facing a dickhead employer trying to make employees commit a misdemeanor by entering an evac zone. I'll try my best to keep this post updated.

any advice would be most welcome.

Edit: finally have an answer regarding it all. Evacuation starts tomorrow at 6AM, but you are not legally required to be gone until sunday at 8 AM so her boss can absolutely expect employees to come in tomorrow as access isnt sealed off.

lmao

"Kill yourself for our profit."

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Skeleton King posted:

I thought that this would be a fun thread about mocking the capitalism that is destroying our world, but no, it's just a garbage thread because pick thinks that making poo poo threads will make her cool.

Thanks for wasting everyone's time, pick. Again.

Don't worry I'm seizing it

This is the OK state capitol building:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

I know this looks like a low-effort thread but I only made it this far before I got depressed

Please go post in E/N if you're going to get depressed.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/renters-told-theyre-not-allowed-to-board-up-windows

quote:

SUBURBAN WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Renters in Colony Park are frustrated and concerned after management told them they aren't letting anyone to board up windows in preparation for Hurricane Irma.

lmao

quote:

"Understand that while we empathize with your need to protect your personal property, boarding up your residence is NOT something you are allowed to do," the letter states.

“Previous years we’ve had property managers that have allowed the maintenance men to open up the doors and the tenants would go in and get the shutters that are underneath the steps over here and they supplied the bolts," she said.

However, when she asked about doing the same this year, a manager told her they're not allowing it.

"When I asked her today, she said, 'Corporate said no, no shutters.'

What dipshit at the corporate office thought "well, there's a hurricane coming but they better not put nails into the walls that could damage our property." Like what the hurricane won't, idiot?

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 9, 2017

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
corporate siad now, you have to demolish your poperty and buy it back from us if you want to live here ever again.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
The party, after seizing power, will build goodwill by outlawing lootboxes

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Peep this company pretending to call your from your doctor's office to tell you that you have cancer and here's a prescription for our ultra expensive cancer drug:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/06/politics/insys-cancer-drug-company-faked-cancer-patients-to-sell-drug/index.html

quote:

In December, federal prosecutors in Boston criminally charged six former Insys executives, including its former CEO, with fraud and racketeering charges related to Subsys. Prosecutors described a "nationwide conspiracy to bribe medical practitioners to unnecessarily prescribe a fentanyl-based pain medication and defraud health care insurers."

"As alleged, top executives of Insys Therapeutics, Inc. paid kickbacks and committed fraud to sell a highly potent and addictive opioid that can lead to abuse and life threatening respiratory depression," said Harold H. Shaw, special agent in charge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Boston field office, in a statement in December.

Hahahahahahahahahaha the kid on the corner gets 20-life for selling some rocks meanwhile these dudes will get nothing significant at all I'm sure.

What opioid crisis???

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://consumerist.com/2017/09/05/betsy-devos-refuses-to-work-with-consumer-protection-agency-on-student-loans/

quote:

The Department of Education will no longer work with the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to root out bad players in the student loan servicing arena. That’s according to Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, who recently notified the CFPB that her department is ending years of formal cooperation combating student loan fraud. In the notice [PDF] sent late last week to CFPB Director Richard Cordray, DeVos accuses the Bureau of not living up to its end of agreements established in 2011 and 2013, by doing too much to hold loan servicers accountable.

The Secretary claims the Bureau overstepped its authority by taking enforcement actions against student loan servicers and collectors, rather than simply passing those matters on to the Education Dept. to handle.

hahahaha hohohohohho heahahahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOkQJm_UGM4

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 9, 2017

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i consider the people dying from heroin and street opioids to be the real crisis tbh. a lot of this weird poo poo has come up because obama decided he needed to make rx opioids hard to get, pushed a bunch of 'high risk' or bs pain clinic patients off of doctor care and onto the streets, where someone presumably thought they wouldn't go seeking heroin for some reason.

maybe make it illegal to prescribe sedative hypnotics with end stage cancer treatment and ER trauma opioids for bad backs, and let doctors write what they want without crawling up their rear end for writing the wrong scripts maybe??? that's what was killing a gently caress ton of pill poppers.

nobody was dropping dead until pills became harder to get, now everyone is starting to shoot up because they cant get this stuff.

the controlled substances act is completely responsible for this entire crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
K well again those people were literally pretending to be the doctor's office so they could scam people so.

Anyway here's another thing:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/05/hookworm-lowndes-county-alabama-water-waste-treatment-poverty

quote:

Exclusive: in America, the world’s richest country, hookworm, a parasitic disease found in areas of extreme poverty, is rampant, the first study of its kind in modern times shows

Scientists in Houston, Texas, have lifted the lid on one of America’s darkest and deepest secrets: that hidden beneath fabulous wealth, the US tolerates poverty-related illness at levels comparable to the world’s poorest countries. More than one in three people sampled in a poor area of Alabama tested positive for traces of hookworm, a gastrointestinal parasite that was thought to have been eradicated from the US decades ago.

The study, the first of its kind in modern times, was carried out by the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine in conjunction with Alabama Center for Rural Enterprise (ACRE), a non-profit group seeking to address the root causes of poverty. In a survey of people living in Lowndes County, an area with a long history of racial discrimination and inequality, it found that 34% tested positive for genetic traces of Necator americanus.

haha what deep dark secret.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/05/uk-economic-model-archbishop-of-canterbury

quote:

Britain’s economic model is broken and produces widespread inequality, the Archbishop of Canterbury has warned in a report backed by business leaders.

Justin Welby said the UK needed to make fundamental choices about the direction of its economy, in a study that found the gains from growth are being diverted into profits rather than wages.

“Our economic model is broken,” said Welby. “Britain stands at a watershed moment where we need to make fundamental choices about the sort of economy we need. We are failing those who will grow up into a world where the gap between the richest and poorest parts of the country is significant and destabilising.”

Meanwhile, back in Texas,

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/04/hurricane-harvey-landlords-demand-rent-for-flooded-homes?CMP=share_btn_fb

quote:

“Our landlords say we have to pay rent and late fees and every day it is going up,” Fuentes said. “We are paying rent for somewhere we can’t live in. They said ‘you aren’t the only ones in this situation’, but what are we supposed to do? We don’t have any money. We don’t have anything.”

hahahahahahaha

quote:

“There are people who have been hit really badly by these floods,” Bezada said. “We are all human beings. We all deserve help.”

Goddamn right comrade.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 9, 2017

• Locked thread