Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

- a comedy forum where joyless retards can pay $10 to advance The Revolution by tweeting Wikipedia statistics at each other in the funny bad product thread

hahahaha nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

COMRADES posted:

Haha look at what a bootlick you are.

that moron, licking the wrong boots

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the world is so god drat stupid it's out of this wooorld except that doesn't make any sense with the lead-in to that sentence

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

*takes poo poo as a child, adolescent and young adult* look at these whiners around me. I am the adult. I am at peace with the world. It's human nature to say gently caress you got mine. Now why can't we have charity take care of the poor instead of not quite defunding welfare? Why does it take a hurricane for people to work together? And what the heck is with all the homeless people? Katrina was 13 years ago!

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

COMRADES posted:

The big majority of people are brought up in a system that shits all over them and tells them they are worthless aside from what profits they can make and then we act as if this is just natural human nature when we are surrounded by disillusioned bitter cynical adults who probably hate their lives.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I know too many people who could stand a good, nasty round of typhus once a year.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
humanity is doublefucked and aint nobody here or anywhere who can do a drat thing about it so everyone is scrambling to get some smidgen of solace in the interim. sometimes this means feeling good through charity and helping neighbors, mostly not though.

either way, sentient opiate golem 2020

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

COMRADES posted:

The big majority of people are brought up in a system that shits all over them and tells them they are worthless aside from what profits they can make and then we act as if this is just natural human nature when we are surrounded by disillusioned bitter cynical adults who probably hate their lives.

is this better or worse than growing up in a government-created famine where you father has killed someone and fed them to you at least once?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Ugh those sexist pigs! Better post the rest of them so we know exactly what we're dealing with!

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I prefer my oil crude, and Allah blessed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

<_@

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

is this better or worse than growing up in a government-created famine where you father has killed someone and fed them to you at least once?

What, like the Great Depression or?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4881704/Employees-Jessica-Biel-restaurant-tips-withheld.html

quote:

Jessica Biel has been accused of withholding nearly half a million in tips from employees at her kid-friendly Los Angeles restaurant.

Nine employees at Au Fudge have filed a lawsuit against Biel and her four business partners, claiming that they never received tips that the restaurant charged clients for private events.

The group of disgruntled employees describe themselves as 'young adults new to the workforce and new to Los Angeles' who 'were ill-prepared to deal with the violations of their rights in the workplace.'

According to court documents, obtained by the Blast, Au Fudge charged a 22 per cent gratuity to clients who held private events at the West Hollywood eatery - but employees say that money was never passed down to them.
The lawsuit claims that the 'owners blamed the "glitch" on converting the private event gratuities to a single manager,' but they say they still didn't get the tips even after that manager was fired.

Desage says she confronted co-owner Jon Rollo, saying she believed it was 'against the law for Au Fudge's customers to pay gratuity and then have the restaurant fail to transfer the gratuity to employees who had direct contact with the customers'. She said he responded by saying: 'I don't think you understand. Don't worry about it.'

Another employee, Jamie Aronson, said she questioned a general manager about the practice and was met with a similar response. She said the GM told her '[not to] worry about it. It's all good. The customers are far more likely to be OK with 20 plus per cent if they think that amount is going to the employees.'

Additionally, the group says that they are owed $31,549 from state-mandated break periods which their bosses refused to let them take.

In addition to Biel, Au Fudge is owned by four others including: Barry's Bootcamp CEO Joey Gonzalez; Kim Muller, author of the children's book Au Fudge; stylist Estee Stanley; and Monica Saunders-Weinberg, the daughter of the Westfield Shopping Centers founder.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

veni veni veni posted:

Might as well just stop complaining about hundreds of years of racial inequality and a tiny handful of people controlling most of the money in America.

As of last year, 8 people sit on the same wealth as half the planet.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

SplitSoul posted:

As of last year, 8 people sit on the same wealth as half the planet.

they must be very smart and worked very hard to have accomplished such a feat

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Imagine what your week looks like working as hard as three and a half billion people!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Imagine what your week looks like working as hard as three and a half billion people!

the powerful elites have actually always been this way. you think that the pyramids were built by slaves? nuh-uh, actually the pharaohs built them. the only reason they don't build crazy things like that all the time anymore is because they realize they are so superior to everyone else and yet are kind and noble enough to sandbag themselves so that we don't feel bad

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

when you think about it the slaves were parasites and it was their masters who were truly enslaved

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
exactly! i'm glad not everyone on this website is a moron!

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Streak posted:

i find even the blandest, cheapest food tastes better when i know theres thousands of people in first world countries who still can't afford it so capitalism is pretty good, imo

actually, food is better when shared

hth

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Blue Star posted:

Capitalism is pretty bad, i think it would be good if people owned the means of production. So instead of just the boss making money, everyone makes money. Like if a factory gets new robots, the human employees should all get a shair in the profit, not just the boss who owns the robots. We should all own the robots.

It's called a restaurant supply catalog numbnuts.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
also lol if you think a commune owned company would let you join it and then pay you to sit on your lazy rear end

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

The Grand Canyon State is a worker's paradise :sun:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/2652967

quote:

A recent overall increase in suicide attempts among US adults has disproportionately affected younger adults with less formal education and those with antisocial personality disorder, anxiety disorders, depressive disorders, and a history of violence.

No money, no security, endless stress. "Can't afford kids" lol capitalism has made our one biological imperative an impossible dream.

quote:

However, despite policy and clinical initiatives aimed at reducing suicide, the rate of suicide in the United States increased by approximately 2% per year from 2006 to 2014. 3

huh I wonder why lmao

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

in glorious revolution, having many children will be mandatory, to help farm turnip and offset childbirth deaths

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010

Pitdragon posted:

the powerful elites have actually always been this way. you think that the pyramids were built by slaves? nuh-uh, actually the pharaohs built them. the only reason they don't build crazy things like that all the time anymore is because they realize they are so superior to everyone else and yet are kind and noble enough to sandbag themselves so that we don't feel bad

Slaves didn't build the pyramids, they used skilled paid labor.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Festus The Fetus posted:

Slaves didn't build the pyramids, they used skilled paid labor.

Eww capitalism

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
please don't listen to the vile apologist for vermin labor, the pharoahs themselves built the pyramids, by hand

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Lookit all you jerkwads leaving out the valuable contributions made by upper-class aliens to the construction of the pyramids

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Ocean Book posted:

The biggest failures of capitalism are -

1. The inversion of the typical subject-object relation of humans to their tools - in capitalism, the relationships between commodities determines the movements of human bodies.

2. The contradiction between the use-value and exchange-value of commodities means that we only indirectly product use-value, and the ability of the expansion of exchange-value to expand use-value seems to be declining.

2b. In capitalism you only earn when you are in the process of solving a problem, so a genuine solution (great use-value) has less exchange-value than continuous patch-work.

3. In capitalism labor is only worth money if it matches or exceeds the socially necessary labor time (SNLT), and the SNLT is always decreasing, which leads to stress and over work.

4. The alienation of the laborer from the product of their labor often makes laboring very unpleasant instead of the naturally fulfilling activity it can be.

5. 'The ability of society to do things' becomes confused with 'how much money is available to do a thing', as money appears to be necessary to completing social projects rather than the mere tool of social coordination that it is.

6. The 'workers and firms' model of capitalist economics is a perpetual motion machine and isn't coherent in a universe governed by thermodynamics.

7. A machine taking over an unpleasant task previously done by a human results in misery and deprivation rather than greater flourishing of human potential.

And probably others.

i read das kapital as i saw my work library was throwing it out when we got rid of physical books (why it was at a western democracy's revenue service i have no idea). it was a chore to force myself through and this post is giving me flashbacks, it's only absent all the margin notes i wrote in calling it bullshit

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

*takes poo poo as a child, adolescent and young adult* look at these whiners around me. I am the adult. I am at peace with the world. It's human nature to say gently caress you got mine. Now why can't we have charity take care of the poor instead of not quite defunding welfare? Why does it take a hurricane for people to work together? And what the heck is with all the homeless people? Katrina was 13 years ago!

to be fair back when the welfare state wasn't a thing people DID give a shitton more to charity (christian religious types still do give far more to charity, including to non-religious charities). if you took the government welfare away today with how people are now, though, yeah, it would be awful.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Future failure?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/technology/bodegas-vending-machine-google.html

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
really though what's the alternative?

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Breakfast Feud posted:

NOT basing our society on the concept of infinite growth in a finite space?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lacey posted:

NOT basing our society on the concept of infinite growth in a finite space?

Not just infinite, but accelerating.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

you can just say 'do the one-child policy but better' it's not like nobody's going to understand what you're getting at

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

It's funny that people actually believe American leftists still represent, and are respected by working class people. Really they're just hateful urbanites that dream of crushing the workers with an army of unemployed migrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Breakfast Feud posted:

make it so that the people who do the work own the company

• Locked thread