Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DrunkPanda posted:

Was Mike Leach high in that press conference? He kind of sounds like a moron when he tries to explain things

Mike Leach is a national treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I am watching Iowa vs Iowa State and enjoying it. What is this world?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DrunkPanda posted:

Maybe you are having a stroke. Do you smell toast?

No, just chili.

I'm making chili.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
These are some legit good games. Michigan sucks (lol). Iowa vs Iowa State has been competitive.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
You know, I wouldn't mind paying $15/month for unlimited ESPN streams. WatchESPN is so bad right now.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Dango Bango posted:

Only if they match the broadcast though. WatchESPN's delay is ridiculous.

It'll be closer than WatchESPN. Probably more like Hulu's, which is about 30 seconds behind.

I doubt that Disney offers ESPN standalone before next season. It's possible, but they're only going to do it once they are certain that they can't twist any more cash out of the cable networks. As soon as ESPN is available streaming, it'll drop the cable payouts by 50% or more.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Vertical Lime posted:

i read it has to be like $30/month to make up those who won't get it if it's full espn

$30/month would be way too much. They'd lose so many people on price.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Plinkey posted:

That's what they would have to charge to make up for the people who get ESPN but never watch it if it wasn't rolled into basically every cable package. I think ESPN costs around $10-12 per subscriber and is required to get a bunch of other channels from Disney/ABC

Right. ESPN itself is somewhere between $5 and $7, 2 is $2, and the rest are between $.50 and $1.50.

The key is that live sports have increasingly become a significant driver in the decision to subscribe to cable or not. This is why ESPN has been able to increase prices year-over-year as the cable networks become more and more desperate to keep subscribers.

Disney's gotta decide at which point they'd rather deliver sports direct to consumers. Once they feel that they can approach the number of individual subs as the number of cable subs, then they'll offer it standalone.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
This Nebraska QB blows.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PostNouveau posted:

411 rushing yards, yes more please

SJSU is really bad. I don't know why I keep having to remind UT fans of this.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Intruder posted:

So is taking a victory formation snap in the shotgun common in CFB or...

It's an Air Raid thing. Leach started doing that at Tech circa 2002.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Intruder posted:

Why would you then run up to the line before taking a knee?

Lose fewer yards, waste more time.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Wow is right.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
That looks like a groin or hamstring.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
What a good game. College overtime rules. NFL doesn't know what it's missing.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Rush all fields. Don't you know the rules?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Grittybeard posted:

90% of the complaints about it would go away if they started at the 40 instead of the 25 imo.

Yeah, that totally makes sense for the NFL. I think they're just stubborn because they have to manufacture identity and they know their product is simply inferior in excitement and fun.

• Locked thread