Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Timby posted:

After the way they kept loving him around there's no way Toub ever sets foot in Halas Hall again.

I wish I lived in the reality where Dave Toub was hired instead of Trestman to be the coach and literally anyone other than Emery was the GM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

curiosity hosed me up posted:

Stay the gently caress away from Austin and Cooter. The lions deserve some happiness for a while

One nice thing about the Ravens having a bad old retread defensive coordinator is I can finally stop worrying about them getting hired away every offseason.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets haven't hired an offensive minded head coach since Rick Kotite in 1995. This probably isn't surprising to anyone who has watched the team in the past 20 years.

Rich Kotite. Please don't besmirch the man that coached the greatest Eagles teams (and arguably greatest defense to ever take the field in 1991) in franchise history into oblivion.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

McAdoo should be upgraded to "hot" just based on that idiocy alone.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
game plan: fire mcadoo

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Got the cliffs on this conference?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Asproigerosis posted:

Rich Kotite. Please don't besmirch the man that coached the greatest Eagles teams (and arguably greatest defense to ever take the field in 1991) in franchise history into oblivion.

I liked when the team went 8-8 and missed the playoffs one year and when he got asked about it he said "Hey, 8-8 is great!" completely seriously

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jota posted:

I liked when the team went 8-8 and missed the playoffs one year and when he got asked about it he said "Hey, 8-8 is great!" completely seriously

Sounds like you are a stranger to the AFC South.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, I would be ecstatic with an 8-8 finish. :negative:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Randaconda posted:

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Randaconda posted:

It's not all it's cracked up to be. In a way I'd say Colts fans suffer more with their seasons than Jacksonville.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yug posted:

It's not all it's cracked up to be. In a way I'd say Colts fans suffer more with their seasons than Jacksonville.

Wouldn't go that far, but I get your point.

Like every relationship it has its ups and downs and we've been riding a fairly decent wave over the past few years but of course have had setbacks.

Fortunately we have Irsay as a beacon of light to guide us in the direction to right this ship.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Randaconda posted:

With enough of them, it starts to suck. And it's not like the Jaguars have never been decent. Just... not in over a decade.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm old enough to remember when the Jags were good. Mark Brunell/Fred Taylor/Jimmy Smith/Keenan McCardell was a ridiculously fun offense to watch.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

I'm old enough to remember when the Jags were good. Mark Brunell/Fred Taylor/Jimmy Smith/Keenan McCardell was a ridiculously fun offense to watch.

I still have nightmares about Jones Drew and Fred Taylor running for 1000 yards combined in one game. Or however much it was, it felt like 1000.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Also David Garrard was not a bad QB and should have been starting much sooner but they kept playing Leftwich who was terrible.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The worst thing to be is average. Be good or be really bad so you get better players to help you get good

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Giants can become the new Browns of revolving door coaching.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

a neat cape posted:

The worst thing to be is average. Be good or be really bad so you get better players to help you get good

Unless your owner/GM has alzheimers

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

Yeah exactly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blitz7x posted:

Unless your owner/GM has alzheimers

Well then you're hosed anyway so meh

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

Man, we were loaded for a few years. :unsmith:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Yug posted:

Jim Harbaugh is going to win the national championship at Michigan and then he's coming HOME to coach for his old NFL team Indianapolis and coach his old QB Andrew Luck and they'll win lots of superbowls.

This is good and needs to happen

nah
Mar 16, 2009

there should be a draft for coaches

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

a neat cape posted:

The worst thing is to be terrible and never actually get the players to be good

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

axeil posted:

McAdoo should be upgraded to "hot" just based on that idiocy alone.

I'm almost positive this was a joke--Pederson was being very evasive in his press conference regarding who's starting at LG and the health of some of the DBs, even though it's clear that (a) the LG is benched and (b) two of the DBs are out for at least a few weeks.

So this tweet was more mocking the press conference, like the Giants would really believe that Pederson is still debating who will be starting at LG after 3 days of practicing with the same guy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

That's awesome! I'm not very old. Can you tell me more about them? I'd love to hear about the championships they won.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chichevache posted:

That's awesome! I'm not very old. Can you tell me more about them? I'd love to hear about the championships they won.

:mad:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Chichevache posted:

They never did well enough to gift a Super Bowl win to the most rotten fanbase in sports with a last second goal line pick, so I can see how you personally would find them less exciting.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sean10mm posted:

They never did well enough to gift a Super Bowl win to the most rotten fanbase in sports with a last second goal line pick, so I can see how you personally would find them less exciting.

:sad:

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm pretty happy that the NFL will cease to exist within 5 years.

Only 5 years of being disgusted by the Dolphins left. Woohoo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

Jokes on you: I haven't watched a single Seahawks game this season. :smugbird:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Chichevache posted:

Jokes on you: I haven't watched a single Seahawks game this season. :smugbird:

You aren't a real Seahawks fan if you don't force yourself to watch the team's offense piss all over itself and then slip on a banana peel for 3.5 quarters a game

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

You aren't a real Seahawks fan if you don't force yourself to watch the team's offense piss all over itself and then slip on a banana peel for 3.5 quarters a game

At first I was mad that the week 1 opener against Green Bay wasn't on tv in the Bay Area. Now I'm glad I watched Red zone instead.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Chichevache posted:

At first I was mad that the week 1 opener against Green Bay wasn't on tv in the Bay Area. Now I'm glad I watched Red zone instead.

You don't tune in to watch Jon Ryan blast 60 yard bombs all day? :smdh:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Well I guess this one's in the Zero Danger category
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/911696996343443457

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

I posted my thoughts on Caldwell in the N/V thread, but keep in mind that Fisher was extended the year he was fired as well. I don't think Caldwell is going to get fired unless the Lions somehow completely poo poo the bed (Which is not unprecedented), but I wouldn't put him in Zero Danger until the Lions actively secure a playoff spot.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Schwartz got an extension after 2011. :smith:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Shangri-Law School posted:

Schwartz got an extension after 2011. :smith:

Hey, he earned it with that season.

Of course, he then immediately un-earned it with the 2012 and 2013 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
And now he's running the best D-Line in the league :smug:

• Locked thread